Thread: Manual labour

Aussie machine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Manual labour

Manual labour
    The Manual labour job which I undertook for the summer has now got me extremely cut, I weigh 170 lbs at 6/3. I originally took the manual labour job to pay for my eating habits for bodybuilding (the job pays 25 Australian dollars an hour so its unreal money for a law student). I will still be the working intense manual labour for 30 hours a week while I now try to bulk up, I will be using a 3 day or 4 day split. In regards to nutrition should i try and get at least 2 grams of protein per pound, and 4 carbs for each pound (how much fat should i also be consuming), approx 800 carbs a day and 350- 400grams of protein due to my intense cardio.

Is it still possible to make good gains. I will be supplementing with glutamine, creatine and whey.

Please help me out guys

Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Starsky will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Manual labour

Originally posted by Aussie machine
    Manual labour
    The Manual labour job which I undertook for the summer has now got me extremely cut, I weigh 170 lbs at 6/3. I originally took the manual labour job to pay for my eating habits for bodybuilding (the job pays 25 Australian dollars an hour so its unreal money for a law student). I will still be the working intense manual labour for 30 hours a week while I now try to bulk up, I will be using a 3 day or 4 day split. In regards to nutrition should i try and get at least 2 grams of protein per pound, and 4 carbs for each pound (how much fat should i also be consuming), approx 800 carbs a day and 350- 400grams of protein due to my intense cardio.

Is it still possible to make good gains. I will be supplementing with glutamine, creatine and whey.

Please help me out guys
    Sounds like you got a good plan. Just be sure to eat a huge amount of calories, close to 4000 if you plan on making gains when working a hard job. Also up the water intake through the whole day. Big Red wrote an article on this, you can probably find it by going to the article section and doing an author search. Your diet sounds excellent, although 400 gms of protein is a little high even with your job, 300 sounds good.

xc-racer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Make sure you are getting a fair amount of sleep each night also. Last summer I did a lot of construction work and grass cutting, so I was working hard in the sun all day. Try and keep some kind of water bottle or thermos with you especially if you are out in the sun. I had a half-gallon thermos and it was typical for me to fill it three or more times during the work day.

iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_curtis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i laboured for a week or two and FARK it was hard... its nuthin like working out, cos u are continuosly doing stuff, i thought i would really enjoy labouring, cos im into being fit and working out, but after a days work u just wanna sleep, not go to the gym... and that was a very bad thing , ne way my archilles tendonitis flared up from pushing the wheelbarrows around so i had to quit, oh well, more time for weights!!
    ((((()-----------((((()

http://www.********.com/skinnyaaroncurtis

Calorie Surplus + Progressive Overload x Years Training = Continuous Gains. UMAD GH15?

"My BeNcH pReSs BrInGs All ThE GirLs To ThE yArD, n ThEy'Re LiKe, YoUr PeCs ArE LaRgE, dAmN rIgHt My PeCs ArE LaRgE, u CaN tOuCh ThEm, bUt IlL hAvE tO cHaRgE."

BIG BEN 666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

manual labuor (i believe) won't get you bigger but,well make you stronger and quicker then lifting the heavy weights

wog_boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    u godda eat loads! i do part time work as a builder and u have to go crazy on that day when it comes to calori intakes.
    "You have to live Plan A - on any level. Make it a lowercase 'A' if you have to, but live your Plan A. Anything else belittles the importance of life."

Anybody can go to the gym; it takes more than that to sculpt the perfect physique.

Dramascus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you working 8 hours a day?, youd be burning around 400 cals an hour on the job IMO, so thats 400x8=3200 burnt calories from "cardio". So yeah you better be carrying some tucka in your wheelbarrow.

Aussie machine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys i really appreciate your imput

Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yeh laboruing really tests the limits especially in fricken hot weather !