beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

3 1/2 week progress, check the shoulders

Less than a month and my shoulders have much bigger peaks in a sloppy double bicep pose:

Left looks taller in pic due to angle of camera.

Anyway, im pretty pumped that i went from my delts being below to above my traps in less than a month.

Im also stoked on my rear delts, look how much closer they are to the bottom of my tris', my lats are flaring out to, and you cant tell so much but my backs just getting thicker.

Bi's are starting to bulk up to.

These arent newbie gains either, I've been at this for awhile.

This is eating 6 meals a day, maintaining 8 pack abs, going out and drinking 3 nights a week, but working out 5-6 days a week with a 4 day split.

if i can keep this up i'm f'ing stoked.

beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefstuinit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    oh yeah, and im at 6' 184lbs, want to be at least 200.

my rear delts were a trip. i started working them hard about the time of that first pic, by the time i took the second one (today) i can do 3x8s on the reverse fly machine at 250lbs. but what the hell do you guys do to thicken up traps. I do 365lb power shrugs all day long and they just dont wanna get tall. they're bigger out back but still low on top.

also, biggest thing that thickend my shoulders, BY FAR, was overhead dumbell press. the difference in that pic is going from 45lb dumbells to 60lb dumbells 3x7 as well as some heavier chest work (front delts). i wanna do the 70's bad, just something about putting weight over your head thats fun.
    Last edited by beefstuinit; 05-12-2006 at 04:22 PM.

SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I do 365lb power shrugs all day long and they just dont wanna get tall.
    If you are doing power shrugs all day long, you are probably overworking your traps!

USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    deadlift!

ScrawnyJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScrawnyJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScrawnyJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScrawnyJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScrawnyJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScrawnyJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScrawnyJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScrawnyJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScrawnyJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScrawnyJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScrawnyJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Man, very impressive gains for just 3 1/2 weeks time. Your back is much better now than in the first pic. Definately keep doing what you are doing. Seems to be working well. But, as the poster above said, maybe try adding in some deadlifts. That will help with the traps as well as your whole back. Good luck!

Registered User comf0rtablynumb's Avatar
    comf0rtablynumb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) comf0rtablynumb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) comf0rtablynumb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definate improvement but you're posture is slightly different in the two pictures (you're leaning forward a bit in the first picture, whereas your shoulders are more perpendicular in the second) which also adds to the percieved gains. Nonetheless, nice progress.

Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chisle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    go heavier on shrugs.....if you can without throwing the weight up too much. Alittle bend in the knees to get the weight moving is ok but not too much. i mean i only start breaking form once i get tpo 450 BB shrugs but every set before that is strict sets of 12.

Also it looks like you learned how to pose better so that also will contribute to everything looking better (ie. your lats flaring more and front delts being higher by rotating shoulders back more) good progress though
    Last edited by Chisle; 05-12-2006 at 11:51 PM.
    "To be the physically elite, you need to be physically complete."
    1 month's membership to a gym:$50
    month's supply of creatine:$29.99
    an issue of Muscle and Fitness:$5.99
    nike workout gloves:$19.99
    posing in the mirror with great satisfaction:Priceless

Lifting ain't nothing till you've held a girl over your head with one hand

"Compliments kill a bodybuilber, crticism builds one"

Originally Posted by comf0rtablynumb
    Definate improvement but you're posture is slightly different in the two pictures (you're leaning forward a bit in the first picture, whereas your shoulders are more perpendicular in the second) which also adds to the percieved gains. Nonetheless, nice progress.
    i'm pulling my wrists in more the 2nd time but thats as far as my arms would go back both times. trust me i was trying.