gy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A Snickers after workout?

today on the way home from gym, I stopped at a market and bought a snickers and eat it. Is this a good thing eating after u've done with exercises or not?

It contains:
    Energy: 281 kcal
    Protein: 5.4 g
    Carbohydrates: 29.8 g
    Fat: 15.6 g
    The secret to big muscles is setting their IP-s from the server to the host and chat with one another.

Texasboy7 is not very helpful. (-500) Texasboy7 is not very helpful. (-500) Texasboy7 is not very helpful. (-500) Texasboy7 is not very helpful. (-500) Texasboy7 is not very helpful. (-500) Texasboy7 is not very helpful. (-500) Texasboy7 is not very helpful. (-500) Texasboy7 is not very helpful. (-500) Texasboy7 is not very helpful. (-500) Texasboy7 is not very helpful. (-500) Texasboy7 is not very helpful. (-500)
    No, If you had a protein bar or something it might have been semi acceptable. But you usually need to get a protein shake in with some dextrose.

Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by gy1
    today on the way home from gym, I stopped at a market and bought a snickers and eat it. Is this a good thing eating after u've done with exercises or not?

It contains:
    it has 3 times as much fat as protein, after your workout you want protein, and even more carbs, with as little fat as possible

and it's a chocolate bar for cryin out loud! i hope this is a joke

Kesbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kesbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kesbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kesbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kesbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kesbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kesbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kesbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kesbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kesbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kesbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

better than some things I can think of but top of the PWO list should be a
    nice big protein shake with a lil simple sugars. It all depends how serious you are an where you wanna get to! Proper nutrition is more important than training to get the BBBody you want! IMO! But hey, better eat the snicker PWO rather than just before bed and at least you managed to only have the one, the supermarket would be outta snickers if i stopped there, hehe!
    I won't judge you if u don't judge me!
    work hard play hard!!
    where ther's a will there's a way!
    and gimmee more grub!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showgallery.php?ppuser=131581&cat=500

bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gy1

It contains:
    No. Very bad. Peanuts after your workout are bad, slows down nutrients. Chocolate is bad pretty much anytime. And it contains very little protein.

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Using common sense does eating candy after working out seem like a good thing?? (keep in mind Smarties is dextrose which is candy as well).

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why even workout?
    Hero worship is unhealthy and cucklike

gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I forgot my protein shake the other day, so I stopped at Burger King and had a double whopper with cheese and mayo, a large fry, some chicken fries and a 32oz coke. Is that ok too?

if you can't tell that I'm kidding, slap yourself
    oh and gecko that link did not contain answers only the search page - swiftness_02

The foods that trigger ketosis are high in carbs, not sugars - michaeldude

Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by johnnyironboard
    Using common sense does eating candy after working out seem like a good thing?? (keep in mind Smarties is dextrose which is candy as well).
    I keep a bag of Smarties around

Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs down

And of course we can't forget the poster who said some huge guy at the gym told him that the best thing immediately post-workout is...2 cups of lard.

He wanted to make sure it was sound advice, and where he could buy some.

Oh God.........................

Hunterchilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunterchilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunterchilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunterchilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunterchilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunterchilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunterchilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunterchilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunterchilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunterchilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hunterchilla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    snickers is a perfect post workout food

P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50) P01Shooter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gecko2424
    I forgot my protein shake the other day, so I stopped at Burger King and had a double whopper with cheese and mayo, a large fry, some chicken fries and a 32oz coke. Is that ok too?

Actually, it needs to be from Wendy's. Damn Wendy's outside my gym calls my name about once a month for a pwo of a triple stack and a medium frosty. So incredibly good after pounding legs.

TyziskBen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pure cocoa powder is actually a good thing to add to a PWO protein shake, as it helps increase insulin levels...not sure about chocolate or choc syrup, I suppose it depends on the ingredients...

Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TyziskBen
    Pure cocoa powder is actually a good thing to add to a PWO protein shake, as it helps increase insulin levels...not sure about chocolate or choc syrup, I suppose it depends on the ingredients...
    Interesting about the cocoa powder.

Have any sources/more information?

Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I used to do this all the time. Can't really tell if it worked or not, but it was back in my "broke days". Not a bad choice, but not the best either.

-Spaz