jamesronniecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamesronniecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamesronniecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamesronniecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamesronniecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamesronniecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Is this a solid routine?

After this whole week off because of damm elbow injurie, I decided it was time for a new routine that working mucle groups with other muscle groups on the same day like i never have before, i also put in new things like burn sets and 21's which i never done before. My body should react well to it. This first week i'm hitting the gym 3 times and i'm going lighter but doing all the sets/reps the routine says but don't expect to really stimulate much just going to get back in the groove.(my elbow feels good)

heres the routine
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    -Front Delt/Lateral Delt/Arms
    DB Shoulder Press 10,8,6,15
    Cable Rope Curls 3x21's
    DB Seated Laterals 3x10-12
    Cable Rope Push Downs 3x21's
    Smith Machine Shoulder Press 3x10-12

-Traps/Legs/Calve/Abs
    BB Shrugs 3x10-12
    Back Squats 10,8,6,15
    Rack Deadlifts 10,8,6,15
    Machine Calve Raises 3x10-12
    abs

-Back/Chest/Rear Delt
    Hammer Strenght Pull Downs 3x6-8
    Machine Chest Flys 3x6-8
    DB 1 Arm Rows 10,8,6,15
    DB Flat Bench 10,8,6,15
    Reverse pecdek fly 3x10-12

-warm up 5 min light cardio 1-2 warm up sets for isolations 3-4 for compounds.
    -Rest in bewteen sets 1-2 min for a compound and 1/2-1 min for a isolation.
    -Most lifts are done with pyramid style and if not same weight for all sets
    -If the last set ends with a set of 15 reps that is a "burn set"
    -3 days on 1 off 3 days on 2 off repeat
    -for my arms i'm doing 21's style
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    it's real simple and i'm also doing a planned progression for every lifts by 2.5-5 lbs every 1-2 weeks.

so what do you guys think.
    Last edited by jamesronniecut; 06-24-2007 at 07:52 PM.

GoOrange is on a distinguished road. (+10) GoOrange is on a distinguished road. (+10) GoOrange is on a distinguished road. (+10) GoOrange is on a distinguished road. (+10) GoOrange is on a distinguished road. (+10) GoOrange is on a distinguished road. (+10) GoOrange is on a distinguished road. (+10) GoOrange is on a distinguished road. (+10) GoOrange is on a distinguished road. (+10) GoOrange is on a distinguished road. (+10) GoOrange is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Doesn't look too bad to start with. I'm a big fan of 2 day splits, but I don't have much luck trying to convince anyone else. I think for a 3 day split things look pretty solid, with a few recommendations.

Throw in some lunges on leg day at the very least. You should probably also throw in some step ups or bulgarian split squats also. Squats and deadlifts are great, but you are going to want a little more.

You've got a lot of machine work that could be done better with bars and dumbells. Cable curls, machine chest flies, Smith machine shoulder press. If your injury is the reason, fine, I understand, otherwise ditch the machines.

Using free weights is a lot harder and teaches coordination and balance as well. A good variety of dumbbell and barbell work is key. This would be my biggest concern with your workout as posted.

Good luck!

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you made some modofications i see it looks better but yea to many machines man

Pchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jamesronniecut View Post
    After this whole week off because of damm elbow injurie, I decided it was time for a new routine that working mucle groups with other muscle groups on the same day like i never have before, i also put in new things like burn sets and 21's which i never done before. My body should react well to it. This first week i'm hitting the gym 3 times and i'm going lighter but doing all the sets/reps the routine says but don't expect to really stimulate much just going to get back in the groove.(my elbow feels good)

heres the routine
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    -Front Delt/Lateral Delt/Arms
    DB Shoulder Press 10,8,6,15
    Cable Rope Curls 3x21's
    DB Seated Laterals 3x10-12
    Cable Rope Push Downs 3x21's
    Smith Machine Shoulder Press 3x10-12

-Traps/Legs/Calve/Abs
    BB Shrugs 3x10-12
    Back Squats 10,8,6,15
    Rack Deadlifts 10,8,6,15
    Machine Calve Raises 3x10-12
    abs

-Back/Chest/Rear Delt
    Hammer Strenght Pull Downs 3x6-8
    Machine Chest Flys 3x6-8
    DB 1 Arm Rows 10,8,6,15
    DB Flat Bench 10,8,6,15
    Reverse pecdek fly 3x10-12

-warm up 5 min light cardio 1-2 warm up sets for isolations 3-4 for compounds.
    -Rest in bewteen sets 1-2 min for a compound and 1/2-1 min for a isolation.
    -Most lifts are done with pyramid style and if not same weight for all sets
    -If the last set ends with a set of 15 reps that is a "burn set"
    -3 days on 1 off 3 days on 2 off repeat
    -for my arms i'm doing 21's style
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    it's real simple and i'm also doing a planned progression for every lifts by 2.5-5 lbs every 1-2 weeks.

so what do you guys think.

I've always been a fan of high weight low reps. My body always responded better that way. I think the problem alot of people have is finding the intensitity with a high weight low rep program.

My advise would be to try something like Max-OT, or a 5x5 program. Keep it low weight with high reps. You put on more size and strength that way.

Just my opinion. There is a good write up in the PDF file that's in the Max-OT thread here, it's located in the cutting part of the PDF. I would read it and it explains alittle why to avoid higher rep, lower weight programs.

I'm currently doing a Bill Starr 5x5 and love it.
    Goal:
    1-1-09: 185lbs - 9%BF