Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Canada55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wrapping up second 8 week cycle of Tongkat Ali

I have not posted in a long time, I'm just finishing another 8 week Tongkat Ali cycle. This time I was taking 2400mg ed of 200:1 (4 x 600mg). Basically my experience was a repeat of my previously detailed eight week cycle. The only exception was I cleaned up my diet a bit more (less fat) and as a result, I'm leaner than previous cycle and added another steady 5lbs to body weight.

Since April 2011 through to the end of Sept 2011 (6 months) I've managed to gain total of 15lbs.

I ate to gain weight, work outs totaled 4.5 hrs p/week

I'm pleased with the results, considering my old age (51) the Tongkat Ali has worked well...good luck guys!

lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lbs1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Canada55 View Post
    This time I was taking 2400mg ed of 200:1 (4 x 600mg).
    What's a good place in the US to get it? Online only?

Canada55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Last time I purchased from these people, they order in bulk and can give a better price than ordering a small amount direct from grower in indonesia (yes! it the real thing)

They (Wakonda Herbal Organics ) sell via Ebay but they do have a website

ht p://bluesic.com/shop/

(I'm not yet allowed to post links yet, just add the "t")

Originally Posted by lbs1 View Post
    What's a good place in the US to get it? Online only?

apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the site as they have great prices , i can afford to take 1800 mg/day instead of 1200 mg
    I am just finished with my 8 weeks cycle and i wasen't pleased with the results so i will try a different brand
    but this time i will take 15 days on 7 days off
    drinu

apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i went on the site to order , but i can't seem to find his email address to contact him to get more details

Also were you eating all kind of Food While On Tongkat Ali as they say that certain foods effect Tongkat Ali
    And i eat loads or vegetables every day
    drinu

mesmer2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've heard about a lot of different tongkat ali products, but I’m really impressed with the results reported about Tenaga, which contains a patented form of Tongkat ali called Physta. Tenaga was developed in partnership with MIT, so you know it has the science to back it up.

foozeball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Canada55 View Post
    Week (8) of (8) June 5th – June 11th, 2011

Main Testosterone Booster Supplement
    Sumatra Pasak Bumi – Tongkat Ali
    3 x (200:1) 300mg = 900mg of (200:1) per day

I’m all done, last weeks workouts were much better than previous week, strength was good but I didn’t add much weight to exercises, but I felt strong and more energy. My last week was good and I’m happy with the results (see below)

I took my measurements with the help of my wife before I started this adventure and at the end of the eight weeks ..both measurements were taken on a non-workout day when I was cold, no pump, no flexing. The number shown is the gain or the difference between start and end.

Example:
    I weighed 202.4 lbs when I started and on my last day I weighed 212.4 lbs so the gain was 10lbs in the eight weeks.

Weight: 10 lbs (I was eating to gain weight)
    Body fat: 2.8% (= 5.99lbs see note below #### )
    Neck: 1/8"
    Upperback/Chest: 1 1/2"
    Shoulders: 3" (see note below**** )
    Upper Arm: 1"
    Forearm: 1/2"
    Wrist: 0"
    Hips: 1"
    Waist: 0" Yeah!
    Thighs: 3/4"
    Calves: 1/2"

I was surprised I added 1" to my upper arms and only 3/4" to my thighs. I guess I’m just going to have to squat more & heavier.

((((((Additional supplements that I would not normally be taking daily))))))
    Main Testosterone Booster Supplement - Sumatra Pasak Bumi – Tongkat Ali
    Creatine Monohydrate
    L-Glutamine
    BCAA (I’m going to continue this full time)
    BPI Arimedex HD
    Test Freak
    Casein protein (before bedtime I’m going to continue this full time)

#### Body Fat note:
    If I gained 2.8% more body fat that = 5.99lbs subtract total weight gained (10lbs) = 4.01lbs of muscle gained. Weight and body fat measurements were taken as soon as I got out out bed used the bathroom then stepped on scale. I used a digital body fat bathroom scale which reportedly is highly inaccurate and very misleading. Glutamine/Creatine hydration of the body will effect the output of these types of scales. I personally don't think that I added 5.99lbs of fat and believe it was more like 6-7lbs muscle / 3-4lbs fat.

**** Shoulder note:
    Three (3) inches, yea right! It’s true!…..I had shoulders like a Coke bottle (none) and I felt that my shoulders an upper chest were my weakest points and I was determined throughout the eight weeks I was really going to work my shoulders and upper chest hard to create some width.

In addition to my regular shoulder workout I added a daily (60 days) shoulder routine. It consisted of a superset of Bent over dumbbell raises, Lateral side raises, and Front dumbbell raises using only 10lb dumbbells. Day one is 10 reps of each, then you add one(1) rep per day for 60 days. By day 60 you are doing 70reps of each, you can break it up (i.e day 60 you can do 4 set of 15 and 1 set 10)....you have to do this in addition to your regular shoulder workout and that day can be a killer workout day. I based the workout on

w w.tnation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/plp_the_60day_challenge

On chest day chest day I just concentrated mostly upper chest exercises.

Overall I'm very please with the results of this natural supplement and I will repeat the whole thing in four(4) weeks stacked with addtional test bosster supplements. Tongkat Ali however does not compare to the gains possible with AAS. While on any supplement your gains are directly related to your diet and exercise disapline, that has to come first...thanks for following along.......Canada55
    After following all of your posts:
    I am not surprised at your gains. I have taken the 50:1 Sumatra Pasak Bumi powder for months recently cycling 5 days on 3 days off and the effects are amazing every time I restart this short cycle. I felt the legendary effects at a low dose day 1. Fast forward, I don't "body build", but I am definitely stronger, my frame much larger, and my libido is nothing short of amazing even at under a teaspoon of powder. It used to enjoy taking it well past 5 days in a row but I've been taking it so long that now at the end of five days a TABLESPOON won't kick in much. But 4 days later at under a teaspoon, wow. Point is, this is a VERY tricky herb to get continuous benefits from, but the benefits are definitely there. However, I have noticed a bit of a distended belly like yourself (reported on your first cycle) and I don't take creatine. So maybe continuous use without a break backfires a little bit without proper planning.

I am, however, surprised that you did not feel its legendary immediate effects (readers, see previous Canada55 posts/journal) when starting and there would have been no doubt about them. Maybe you should have started with a larger dose or maybe 200:1 is really different from 50:1. At any rate, I can attest to the immediate psychological and physical benefits and power of the POWDER form in solution of 50:1 with under a teaspoon on day 1 of any cycle.

To reflect, Tongkat ali should help bodybuilders based on its effects. But as you (on your first cycle) as well as myself have reported distension after daily consumption for a good amount of time, it would behoove body builders to monitor for this possible side effect, plan accordingly with diet and exercise regimens, and perhaps find the best cycle. I myself took it daily for three months doing moderate weight training and pushups+situps before noticing some abdominal distension and then switched to cycling 5 on 3 off (now for at least two months). My distention has improved on this schedule even though I have reduced my exercise dramatically and eat heartily (high fat etc).

Although I haven't seen other reports of distension, it might be better to cycle sooner than later as what other users have suggested, e.g. 2 weeks on 1 week off for prevention of adverse effects. For libido, an important part of body health, perhaps 5 on 3 off cycle at the minimum effective dose to prevent/get rid of the belly would work best. Finally, apparently a high enough dose (perhaps a LITTLE more than 600mg 200:1 or 50:1 like 1 gram) or powder in solution instead of capsule at the start of each cycle will be needed or else the special effects (besides muscle gains such as feeling "juiced") will not be felt before tolerance has been developed.
    Last edited by foozeball; 10-22-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: more pertinent

tongkatali has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The website tongkatpower.com is a scam, selling fake 1:200 tongkat ali extract.

They claim that they are selling a 1:200 extract, manufactured in a GMP-facility in the US, which is a blatant lie.

Their product could be anything, but certainly, it is not tongkat ali 1:200 extract by any stretch of definition.

On their website, they proclaim a 100 percent unconditional moneyback guarantee. Bull****. Once you sent your money, it's gone forever.

The identity of the people behind the tongkatpower scam could so far not be established. The relevance they give to tongkat ali for penis enlargement, and the way they word their sales lines, suggests that they have been milking people with similar schemes before going into tongkat ali.

If you have any clue who these con artists are, please let me know. These people are a disgrace for the Internet, and once I know their names, they will be published clear and loud.

Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What about the pure tongkat ali from the bb.com shop?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/so...ngkat-ali.html

I'm seriously considering this, no point buying longjack mixed with other BS, just need it in it's pure form

Edit: just bought it, I'm starting a supp log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=141434211
    Last edited by Ronceiro; 01-16-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    *mid-20s and find the misc generally boring/immature now crew*
    *natty because too scared crew*
    *300 Spartan Crew*
    *UK Crew*
    *gh15 crew (the original gh15 not the fake one)*
    http://i.imgur.com/4x0LSXR.jpg

Crazy dreams on ZMA: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165238401

esquire415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esquire415 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm curious about taking Tongkat Ali. Is the one sold by Swanson good?

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWP01...ceCode=INTL404

It says 400mg per capsule. Recommending 2 servings so that would make it 800mg per serving, but it doesn't say anything about the ratio. Please advise.

Otherwise, i'm looking at the Source Naturals brand sold here Buy 2 get 1 free but it's only 80mg.

update: OTOH, I think it's 20:1 root powder, please confirm and if it's good enough for both bodybuilding and increased sexual libido with the acceptable side effects of increased penile and testicular mass.
    Last edited by esquire415; 02-28-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have any of you tried Test Factor yet? Our Tongkat Ali containing test boosting formula.

Stryc9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stryc9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stryc9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stryc9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stryc9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stryc9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stryc9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have used a couple of different Tongkat Ali products with good results. The source naturals brand is a very low dose for this and I found myself taking about a dozen of the bitter tablets at once to achieve a strong dose... From the research I have done, about 50g/day of the unextracted root is required to get effects- this is equivalent to 1g of the 50:1 extract, .5g of the 100:1 extract, or .25g of the 200:1 extract.

After about 6 weeks of use I noted increased agression, slight irritability, and my testicles were so swollen I almost sat on them a couple times (had to be aware of how I sat). I discontinued use because of expense and concern of large testicles!

Beware of eBay, one extract I bought was cut about 50% with inert substance. While i have not tried it, I read on other forums that Pasak Bumi brand (plain label) is a high quality product, though expensive.

yes how come tongkat ali is so expensive ?
    , its not like it has steroid like effects to be so expensive
    drinu

manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Has anyone stacked TKA with Triazole or any other estrogen controller? I just received my shipment of TKA. I'm going to start in about two weeks, but first I'm going to get blood work done on my testosterone levels. After the eight weeks cycle, I'll get the blood work done again to measure the effectiveness.

superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Triazole will actually work very well with TKA but make sure you run the TKA for at least 5 or 6 weeks to make
    sure you feel the effects of the TKA and then stack the Triazole with it. The Triazole will help lean to out and
    make you looker harder while the TKA will help raise your test levels. I ran the Triazole last summer with Diesel
    Test Hardcore and I had great results from it and plan on running the same combo this summer. Post back when
    you can and let me know what brand of TKA you are using and how is it working out for you.

manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manthonym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by superhuman67 View Post
    Triazole will actually work very well with TKA but make sure you run the TKA for at least 5 or 6 weeks to make
    sure you feel the effects of the TKA and then stack the Triazole with it. The Triazole will help lean to out and
    make you looker harder while the TKA will help raise your test levels. I ran the Triazole last summer with Diesel
    Test Hardcore and I had great results from it and plan on running the same combo this summer. Post back when
    you can and let me know what brand of TKA you are using and how is it working out for you.

Thanks. I was planning to run TKA (1,500mg, 1:200 strength per day) for 8 weeks at 6 days on/3 days off cycle and then start the Triazole for 4 weeks. I'm on my 3rd week of TKA now. I purchased the TKA from Tongkatali fitness. Based on your note, perhaps I'll start the Triazole at the 6th week of TKA and run it for 6 weeks.

Kimotag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well its a few months on from my last post. I have continued to take 750mg on 2 days on, one day off pattern. I take for 2 months and then have a month off. I continued to gain muscle for several months and I am currently stable at a lean 160lbs. My starting weight back in August was 150lbs, and I have actually made greater gains than I set out to achieve.

lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lordgt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    11 pages and so much positive feedback on this product. Looks like it is indeed a must buy, moderately priced yet effective.

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tongkat Ali lovers, stock up on your Test Factor now as Test Factor Advanced will no longer have any in the formula.

Originally Posted by Kimotag View Post
    Well its a few months on from my last post. I have continued to take 750mg on 2 days on, one day off pattern. I take for 2 months and then have a month off. I continued to gain muscle for several months and I am currently stable at a lean 160lbs. My starting weight back in August was 150lbs, and I have actually made greater gains than I set out to achieve.
    Did you notice a difference in your in 2 days on/one day off cycle vs. your previous 7 days on/3 days off?

superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) superhuman67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey manthonym how is the TKA working for you anything good or bad to report.

[QUOTE=superhuman67;874631521]Hey manthonym how is the TKA working for you anything good or bad to report.[/QUOTE

I'm ending my 6th week and I would say it's a mixed bag so far. I've experienced positive changes to recovery, sleep, and libido. It seems like my skin is more oily and I have broken out much more than in the past, so perhaps that's a good sign of a possible increase in testosterone. I can't really say my body composition or strength has changed. I've gained about a pound, but as I mentioned can't say I look leaner or that I have gained muscle. The real test will come at the end of my 8th week. I did get my total and free testosterone blood work done at LabCorp a day before I started TKA and I'll do it again in two weeks. Regardless of the blood work, I'll try TKA again due to the positive impacts to recovery, sleep, and libido. I'll increase the dosage next time for sure though. Hope this helps.

Hey manthonym I am just finishing up my 6 week cycle of tongkat and I was using a 100:1 root extract that I purchased
    from Barlowes Herbal Elixirs and the results that you described in your post are exactly what I got from my 6 week cycle.
    It is amazing that the results are exactly the same and I was using 1000 mg a day 5 days on and 2 days off. I actually
    felt the effects of the tongkat the very first day and by week 2 on my days off I actually felt the same as I did on the
    days that I was on it. I only ran it for 6 weeks because I wanted to test out a pure Tongkat supplement. I will now take
    off 2 weeks from TKA and then I will be using Diesel Test Hardcore for 10 weeks and stacking Triazole with it at week 6
    and I already know this combo works great because I ran last summer. I will be using other Tongkat products over the
    fall and winter months. After my break from Diesel Test I will try Vidatest for the fall and then in the late winter I will try
    50:1 extract from Sumatra (Pasak Bumi). I will be sticking to TA as my go to test booster because it is the real deal and
    for the benefits you get from it. At week 6 did you add the Triazole in like I recommended to you if so you will start to
    see the results in about 14 - 21 days and if your diet is right you will get lean, hard, and have a dry look. I hope the
    Triazole works as good for you as it did for me and a number of other guys that I know who have had good results from it.

I haven't started the Triazole yet. I wanted to run the TKA for a full 8 weeks and then get the blood work done. I'll start the Triazole at week 9 of the TKA. I'll only run them together for weeks 9-10 and then Triazole alone for weeks 11-12, so that will give me 4 weeks of Triazole. I'll take two weeks off after week 12, which would actually give me a 4 week break from the TKA. I'll start the TKA back up after that. I'l go with 200:1 strength at 1800mg a day with 6 days on/3 days off next time. I'm starting to have my doubts if the different TKA strengths are really that significantly different. Anyway, I'll let you know how the Triazole works out.

Originally Posted by manthonym View Post
    Did you notice a difference in your in 2 days on/one day off cycle vs. your previous 7 days on/3 days off?
    I can't say that I did, but it was easier to remember how many days that I had taken it! I think that a lot of different dosing schedules work the same. The main thing to do is to take a month or so out after a couple of months of use. I plan to do get my test levels measured at the start and end of a cycle in a month or so!

Originally Posted by apace View Post
    yes how come tongkat ali is so expensive ?
    , its not like it has steroid like effects to be so expensive
    It's expensive because the plant it comes from only grows well in a couple of countries and is very slow growing!

i Took TKA Tongkat for 2 months ( 2 Tubs which costed me €uro 120 ) , for the price i paid its really not worthed as all it gave me is a bit more energy while on a low calorie diet but i expected some increase in muscle & fat loss too
    drinu

Hey apace if I remember reading right the brand of TKA you were using was the 200:1 from Sumatra that's
    suppose to be the best maybe you should try dosing it differently like 5 days on 2 days off that way of
    dosing worked great for me and I was using a 100:1 root extract from Barlowes Herbals $18 for 60 caps
    of 500mg per cap. One jar of 60 caps lasted 6 weeks I was taking 2 caps a day 5 days a week and 2
    days off and I experienced much improved libido, erections, and by week 3 much deeper sleep but I
    honestly didn't feel much stronger in the gym but I was only testing it out for 6 weeks so in the future
    I will do a longer cycle of about 10-12 weeks dosing the same way I explained above.

yes it was 200:1 (300 mg ) and i was taking 4 a day so 2 jars lasted me 2 months as per there directions for bodybuilding purposes is to take 2 months and then take 1 month off .
    drinu

gregyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome plant. I cant imagen living with out it