Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Canada55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Canada55 View Post
    Old Fart (51yrs) just ordered

Description: Extract 1:200, 200 caps, 300 mg
    Merchant's cart ID: 200caps

Going to give it a try based on what I've read here (cycle on/off for 60 days) - mostly for gym, some in bedroom use.

I'm mature enough to monitor my bodies reactions to this stuff without givin you all abunch of HYPE!....I'll let you know what happens.....
    Package just arrived today approx 17days from Indonesia to delivery here in Kanuckistan (Canada) No problems with Canada Customs. No duties or brokerage fees

I've had a head cold & cough for the past few weeks so I'm going to wait another week before starting this stuff.

Bottle recommended dosage is:

4 capsules per day (morning 2, afternoon 2)

@ extract 1:200 300mg

apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    any updates how your feeling while on this product ?
    drinu

Originally Posted by apace View Post
    any updates how your feeling while on this product ?
    Today is Thursday here and I'm going to start next Monday, I wanted to be sure I was over my head cold. I'll be making daily notes/log/diary on my progress & "feelings" and then I'll post an abbreviated version here, maybe once a week...

Week (1)

Week (1) of (8) April 17 – 23, 2011

Nothing major to report, but wasn’t expecting much either. Week (1) was rather boring, no changes – 0 zero, nothing, Nada

Not expecting much till the end of week (2)

Sumatra Pasak Bumi – Tongkat Ali
    3 x 200:1 300mg = 900mg of 200:1 per day

Note: during week (5), (6) & (7) will bump it up to 1200mg of 200:1 perday

As per: w w.tongkatfitness.com/pages/tongkat-ali-facts

“Week (1) On your first week you will not notice a huge change in your body as your testosterone level will be just over normal, an increased sex drive should be noticeable.”

Did notice slight water retention and puffiness probably due to the Creatine loading and increased water intake I started this week too.

Week 2

Week (2) of (8) April 23 – 30, 2011

Had a few restless nights. Had one weird experience, one night I woke up at about 3am soaking wet from sweating profusely, like I had just got out of a swimming pool. Got up, dried off, went back to bed and woke up in morning and had a great workout … very unusual for me.

Elevated body temperature (I feel warmer) although I’ve not been monitoring temperature.

Overall mood/well-being is improved. No increased aggressiveness noticed.

Noticeable, but only slight increase in strength. Recovery from workouts seem to be shorter.

Opposite to what others have noted in this thread, an increase in testicle size has not been significant nor am I experiencing any of the colorful libido stories that I have also read here. All is normal and stable in that department. Possibly my age is a factor

Body weight has increased by 5lbs, but I have been eating 50% more than what I was before I started. Hard to take supplements that your suppose to take on an empty stomach when your eating approx every two(2) hrs.

“Week (2) By week two you should notice a steady increase in strength and a faster recovery rate after training.”
    Last edited by Canada55; 04-30-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: gramer ;-)

apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks for the updates
    so it seems that its worth a try ?
    were do you order your from e.Bay ?
    drinu

Any one tried the Liquid version as its states to be much stronger and works faster
    Anyone ??
    drinu

Week 3

Week (3) of (8) May 1st – 7th, 2011

Started noticing a considerable increase in strength, weeks before when doing sets to failure at 6-8 reps I found I could easily bang off same weight for 10-12 reps. Some exercises/lifts I found that my previous weeks weight were too light, so I increased weight lifted on every exercise.

I found that I could easily increase heaviest weight lifted by at minimum of 10% for same reps.

Same as last week - Opposite to what others have noted in this thread, an increase in testicle size has not been significant nor am I experiencing any of the colorful libido stories that I have also read here. All is normal and stable in that department. Possibly my age is a factor

I noted last week an increase in a feeling of being warmer more than normal, that seems to have disappeared or I just got used to it.

Body weight has been fairly constant, a noticeable increase in muscle mass (shirts fitting tighter), so if weight has not change must be an even exchange of fat weight for muscle weight.

Going to review diet and redo some calculations, might not be consuming enough protein.

Only problem this week was I caught another cold, trying desperately to get rid of it ASAP. This cold took a little out of me on my leg day, it was difficult to get motivated. It was hard to do a heavy set when your head feels like it’s going to blow off. Cold might also be why I’ve had a bitter taste in my mouth all week too.

For only week 3 I’m pleased with results so far, I have tried other test boosters and so far I would have to say results are slightly improved on the Tongkat Ali. Would I recommend it at this point? - too early to say. Better to wait till end and judge the full 8 weeks.

“Week (3) During week three you should experience your strength increasing further as well as a heightened sense of well-being, you may also notice a slight increase in aggressiveness towards your workout and a slightly shorter temper than normal this is just a side effect from the extra testosterone in your body (if at any time you find it hard to control your aggression stop taking the Tongkat until you feel your ready to continue your cycle.)”

just 1 person trying this product out ?
    what about the Liquid is it true that its much stronger then the capsules ?
    drinu

any updates how your doing ?
    drinu

Week 4

Week (4) of (8) May 8th – 14th, 2011

Strength is good again this week, I had added more weight to my exercises the week before thus brining my reps down slightly, so this week rather than trying to add more weight to exercises I tried adding one or two reps to each set. The extra reps seemed to be easy to complete. I’ll try adding more weight next week.

Same as previous weeks - Opposite to what others have noted in this thread, an increase in testicle size has not been significant nor am I experiencing any of the colorful libido stories that I have also read here. All is normal and stable in that department. Although I have been experiencing one or two erections in the middle of the night that wake me up.

I do my legs just before I take two days off, for those two days my legs are so sore it hurts to try and sit on the toilet. I find that I’ve been pushing myself, and when it comes to my day off I’m completely exhausted – it’s hard to get any house work done. I haven’t told my wife yet that I can’t do some of the chores around the house because my legs are so sore I can hardly walk.

I bumped up my protein intake, online calculators say I should be consuming around 205grams of protein a day. I was eating around 130-150 grams a day…I’m trying to eat more but that’s a lot a food everyday. At my age (50) I am concerned that it will just go to fat if I’m not careful.

Body weight has increased by 7lbs since starting, but I would have to say body fat level has either stayed the same or increased very slightly. But did I add 7 pounds of fat? - no way, so most must be muscle.

Muscle mass has noticeably improved, my silhouette has definitely changed for the better. Although waist size has not decreased nor gotten larger, I’m not experiencing any reduction of body fat - most likely because of the amount of food I’ve been eating. My wife thinks I’m nuts to be eating so much.

Starting next week and for two weeks (weeks 5 & 6) I’m going to increase intake to 1200mg of 200:1 per day, Then back down to 900mg for the last two weeks (weeks 7-8).

Week (4) By now you should have noticed an increase in lean muscle mass as well as a noticeable reduction of body fat also your general feel good factor and confidence levels should be significantly higher than normal.

Week 5

Week (5) of (8) May 15th – 21st, 2011

4 x 200:1 300mg = 1200mg of 200:1 per day

I did increase daily dosage from 900mg up to 1200mg (200:1), didn’t really feel any effect, except body weight has gained another steady 3lbs, but at the same time I’ve tried to consume more protein throughout the day. I feel a little fatter/bloated, and have not been experiencing the claims of fat reduction that many of the suppliers claim.

Strength is good again this week, I had added more weight to a few of my exercises and added one or two reps to each set were I didn’t add any weight the week before. I’ve have noticed just this past week that after leg day recuperation/recovery was much quicker. That means I will have to add more weight next week.

After a workout when I’m all pumped up and I take my shirt off, I’m shocked at how my appearance has changed.

Same as previous weeks - Opposite to what others have noted in this thread, an increase in testicle size has not been significant nor am I experiencing any of the colorful libido stories that I have also read here. I’m a little disappointed in this department, as an increase in libido would have been welcome. However, I’m taking it for straight eight (8) weeks with no break. For libido proposes I have read that you should be cycling for very short periods (example only - 10day on / 5days off)

My plan is to take 3-4 weeks OFF after I have completed the 8 weeks ON. At this stage I am seriously considering to repeat this supplement. However I may purchase via a different source. I’m not disappointed with who I bought it from, but I do have to wonder after reading all the libido stories if I’m not missing out of something.

So early comments on the product would be “Very Good” and I have enjoyed using it, the aging clock seems to have been reversed slightly (just wish it would grow hair on the top of my head). At 50 I’m not prepared to take AAS or TRT so this is I very good alternative.

But like most overly “Hyped Up” supplements on the market today, real world results are nowhere near what is claimed. Just like it has been said a thousand times before me, (excluding genetics) your diet and training technique are the major contributors to your success.

I did take body measurements before I started so I will be interesting to see the changes. I will also list all the other supplements that I was taking during this same time period.

3 more weeks to go

Week (5) & (6) During weeks five and six your testosterone levels will be substantially higher than normal, this is when you will notice the greatest benefits from your Tongkat Ali getting some great gains of lean muscle mass and depending on your initial BMI you should see further reductions in body fat.

it seems that its worth a try then , i will probably try and buy some on e-bay , anyone knows whats the difference between liquid and capsules which one is better to go for ??
    drinu

The liquid you are refering to, do you mean the chipped root and soaking it yourself -making a tea?

Other than that I have never seen Tonkat Ali (TA) in a liquid form. Where are you seeing a supplier with "liquid"...

If you are considering purchasing, I was taking 900mg-1200mg of 200:1, this is considered a low dose for bodybuilding purposes.

it is recommended by grower/mfg/processor for the purpose of "bodybuilding" & "weightlifting" that you should take 1200mg - 2400mg of 200:1

I know I can handle 1200mg without any problems (my body weight is 210lbs) so next time I think I will boost up dosage a bit to 1800mg - 2400mg of 200:1

Just do it!

no its drops which is supposed to be much netter then powder , you can check it out on e.bay uk ,
    with that dose but it can get a bit pricey , at least the good thing about it is that you take 5 on 2 off
    drinu

The liquid tongkat ali joke

I have read many threads, and articles concerning Tonkat Ali before I tried the product. In all I have read I did NOT find anyone that had used the liquid form, everyone used the powder form. I found these interesting comments:

The liquid tongkat ali joke
    By Serge Kreutz

London, December 16, 2010

Some sources, mostly on Ebay, sell what they say is tongkat ali liquid extract, some even claiming 1:200 liquid extract.

What is liquid extract? Liquid extract is active ingredients mixed with a liquid, mostly water.

And what is dry extract? Dry extract is liquid extract without the water.

So, how to produce a liquid extract?

Liquid extract is either half-finished dry extract, or it is a fancy 10 milliliter bottle, filled with 8 milliliter of water in which one single tongkat ali 1:200 capsule has been dissolved.

Much more likely that it is just the single dissolved capsule, rather than the unfinished product.

Why? Because all tongkat ali extraction facilities are in Southeast Asia. And how should the liquid be transported to the West? Air carriers won't accept it. So, jerrycans as consolidated container freight?

Huge amounts of preservation chemicals would be needed.

Bon appetit!

But anyway, much more likely that somebody just dissolved a capsule, and did add some chemicals for preservation, plus some bootleg sildenafil analogue.

At best, such a product is a joke. Buyers pay good money for useless drops.
    Or it's a real health hazard. Buyers pay good money for bad health.

But either way, it's fraud. There is no legitimate liquid tongkat ali product.

thanks for the clarification
    so were is a good place to buy tongak ali ?
    Thanks
    drinu

This is the brand I used, google it "Sumatra Pasak Bumi", I have seen it on ebay much cheaper than ordering from source. I ordered directly, but next time I will buy from ebay seller.......

There are lots of online sellers, but there are many warnings of fraud...

Week 6

Week (6) of (8) May 22nd – 28th, 2011

4 x (200:1) 300mg = 1200mg of (200:1) per day

I feel like I’m adding some fat and not muscle this past week, and have reached kind of a plateau. Body weight has not changed this past week. Strength is still good but no major improvements.

Had a few days that I got really warm for about an hour. Sleeping was no problem.

Same as previous weeks - Opposite to what others have noted in this thread, an increase in testicle size has not been significant nor am I experiencing any of the colorful libido stories that I have also read here.

Overall mood/well-being is okay. No increased aggressiveness noticed.

Added more weight to my squats, and body went into mild shock on last set – shaking, cold sweat & slightly dizzy...felt funny for about another 3-4 hours. Legs still feel like they’re buzzing from pushing them hard.

Some claims made by others did not happen and I am taking 10–12 times the dosage that others were taking when they reported these same effects.

- No increase in libido (might be age factor, not cycling for it)
    - No increase in aggression
    - No increase in fat reduction (I’m not dieting)
    - No overall energy increase (but have noticed that I have been able to stay up later than normal)
    - Testicles did not swell to the size of tennis balls (slight size increase)
    - Only slight restlessness
    - Some hot flashes
    - Some night sweats
    - Yes, increase stamina during workouts
    - Yes, lean body mass increase (comparable to when I was in my twenties)
    - Yes, strength increase
    - Yes, overall weight gain including body fat (eating lots)

I'm only into this for six(6) weeks and I'm most impressed with lean body mass increase (muscle), at the age of 50 I'm very please with this supplement. I am planning to repeat this after a 3-4 week break.

Week (5) & (6) During weeks five and six your testosterone levels will be substantially higher than normal, this is when you will notice the greatest benefits from your Tongkat Ali getting some great gains of lean muscle mass and depending on your initial BMI you should see further reductions in body fat.

ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just to clarify, Is this a type of roid? It would also help quite alot to know the nationality/body statistics of the people who are getting these side effects of increased testicle size.

Im assuming coming off this stuff can be very dangerous if not done properly.

Originally Posted by ApolloD View Post
    Just to clarify, Is this a type of roid? It would also help quite alot to know the nationality/body statistics of the people who are getting these side effects of increased testicle size.

Im assuming coming off this stuff can be very dangerous if not done properly.
    Roids artificially "replace" your hormones that your body produces naturally and can cause your body to temporarily (hopefully) stop producing in own, Tongkat Ali and other similar supplements are meant to "encourage" your body to produce more of it's own testosterone. The intention is to keep your body producing testosterone like your body was when you are in your late teens -early twenties.

No matter how much Tongkat Ali you consume you will only produce as much testosterone as your body is capable of producing naturally and not more.

This is my first try at tongkat ali, so it is my understanding that when I stop taking it my body will slowly return to producing testosterone to the same level that I was at before I started. But, without the hormone crash you get when discontinuing roids.

Some taking roids will even use tongkat ali to kick start their bodies to start producing it's own natural testosterone when they end a roid cycle.

When you take Roids you take MANY times more hormones than your body could ever produce thus getting incredible results that so many of us want.

There is alot of information on the net about tongkat ali and other supplements that do the same thing, it's definitely worth your time to investigate for yourself. But remember do'nt believe everything you read, there is tons of BS out there too.

is the Sumatra Pasak Bumi you use the same as the Pasak Bumi as thats the only one i found on e bay and he is the same guy that sells the Liquid too ??
    drinu

Originally Posted by apace View Post
    is the Sumatra Pasak Bumi you use the same as the Pasak Bumi as thats the only one i found on e bay and he is the same guy that sells the Liquid too ??
    w w.tongkatali.org is the direct source, the company name is "Sumatra Pasak Bumi"

Eurycoma longifolia jack (tangkat Ali) = Pasak Bumi

you can buy directly from them (as I did 1st time) or you can try an find others that sell their product and they ususally cheaper too.

You can also Google "Sumatra Pasak Bumi"

thanks
    drinu

what do you think about this , 100 caps 400 mg @ € 62 , so approx its 6 weeks supply if i had to take 3 / day
    Attached Images
    drinu

Middle of week 7

As long as it's the real thing, then yes it looks good for bodybuilding - 6 weeks on 3 weeks off...then repeat if you liked it.

1200mg (400mg x3) per day is considered minimal dosage for bodybuilding. Try this dosage first, and then you could try 1600mg (400 x4) per day next time you cycle.

I was taking other supplements along with the tongkat ali and had no real problems.

My only complaint was a few weeks ago I mentioned I felt like I was getting fat, well I think my stomach is bloated from the Creatine Monohydrate I've been taking. it looks like I have a mild case of Roid gut/Muscle gut. Should disappear (hopefully) when I discontinue use. Next time I purchase Creatine I will use Creatine Ethyl Ester.

I will also note that this past week I reduced my Tongkat ali intake from 1200mg P/day back down to 900mg P/day...and I felt worn out, run down, no energy for about 5 days after...I feel okay now...

This might be a little warning that when I discontinue the Tongkat Ali, I may not feel too energenic for a weeks afterwards.

john777777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for sharing!

Week 7

Week (7) of (8) May 29nd – June 4th, 2011

3 x (200:1) 300mg = 900mg of (200:1) per day

I just finished week seven (7) and I would say that the effects of Tongkat Ali have come to an end.

I will continue to finish the full eight(8) week cycle but I would have to say that by the end of Six(6) weeks it is time to cycle off the Tongkat Ali as all gains have been made by that time.

I recommend to others to keep the Tongkat Ali cycle down to six(6) weeks..but be prepared to go eight weeks if you feel you are still making gains, it’s a personal judgment call only you can make. Better to keep the dosage at 1200mg – 2400mg for a shorter cycle than take a lower dosage for an extended time line as I did. I felt the strongest when I was taking 1200mg for the two weeks (5 & 6) of the cycle.

After a 3-4 week rest off I am going to plan for another six(6) week Tongkat Ali cycle stacked with addition testosterone boosting supplements. I’m even more excited about this next stack…I did a lot of research…all good stuff!

Week seven(7) was difficult as my energy and enthusiasm in the gym was very low, some days I doubted what I was even doing in the gym.

Overall mood/well-being was depressing. No increased aggressiveness noticed.

Two major disappointments were that there was no reduction in body fat (although I ate to gain weight) and no increase in libido (would have been a bonus at my age 51)

I was still able to maintain all lifted weights from previous weeks and a few exercise I did manage to increase weight lifted. Strength was stable but no major gains.

I am still very pleased with the results since I’m 51 this year and I feel I’ve accomplished a lot in the past seven (7) weeks. …but I still look & feel old, but I’m now bigger and stronger and I look forward to continuing with my bb endeavor for many more years..

For the end of week eight(8) I’ll post before and after measurements and list of all supplements I was on during the eight weeks…as well as plans for the next one.

what do you think if i buy from this company as i don't want to waste my money and they seem to have alot of muscle building products and there Tongkat ali is 750 mg per tablet
    Attached Images
    drinu