cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz

Striking arts and TMJ

Just out of curiosity, any of you guys who box, kickbox, or do any MMA...do any of you guys have TMJ or popping/clicking of your jaw? I've had it for years and my jaw used to lock shut, but over time, it quit doing that. I'm getting ready to start some MMA classes and I didn't know if I needed anything other then a decent mouth piece or just say screw it and not worry about it....
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Come at me broham! Allen Iverson's Avatar
    Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have the same thing. Jaw clicking etc. Just wear a mouth piece, I wouldnt worry about it too much.
    2009 bb.com's Jiu Jitsu team

JValjean24601 is a complete loser! (-2000) JValjean24601 is a complete loser! (-2000) JValjean24601 is a complete loser! (-2000) JValjean24601 is a complete loser! (-2000) JValjean24601 is a complete loser! (-2000) JValjean24601 is a complete loser! (-2000) JValjean24601 is a complete loser! (-2000) JValjean24601 is a complete loser! (-2000) JValjean24601 is a complete loser! (-2000) JValjean24601 is a complete loser! (-2000) JValjean24601 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    My TMJ condition has became worse, so I am taking some time off boxing now, will see if it affects it or not.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Holy flash back, batman....

Over the years of training, I've had my jaw lock shut a couple of times and feel like it's popped out of joint once. But thats only been with submission grappling. Striking on the other hand has never been a problem except for once (if I remember correctly) and it was during some hard sparing where I was clinching my mouth piece TIGHT.

Other than that, it's really not been a problem more than it normally is during every day life.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oddly, I didn't even know the term TMJ till I looked it up. I've had that since I broke my cheekbone at 17. My boxing coach had me do a lot of stretching of my jaw when it bothered me (open wide type stuff). I don't know if it did anything positive, but it has gotten better over time. It still clicks now when I want it to, though.

Mouthguard is of key importance.

PersianMMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do you know if you have TMJ? Doctor? I got hit in the face bare knuckle a couple months ago and ever since then my jaw has been popping when I open it, but I dont notice anything when I'm sparring with a mouth piece. For sure just get the mouth piece and see how it feels, I would imagine your fine. If getting hit in the jaw hurts bad everytime, I would take it easy

boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    best bet bro is get a double mouth piece the ones that have a hole in the middle i have one and i put in bit down on it...it'll make the jaw sore but after a while it helps alot with that
    Heavy bags DonT HIT back, it takes more than a gym membership to compete in the RING or Cage!
    6 time golden glove champion, 2nd at ringside worlds
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI