IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ouch my shoulder

I was doing my shoulder routine the other day, I got to upright rows and all of a sudden my shoulder *twanged* it was a really sharp pain.

I lifted to the end of my set then did some cardio.

Next day it was fine until I went to the gym. I was doing my bicep workout and it went again. Then it was fine until the next day where it gave up on me when I was benching. i nearly dropped the flipping weight on me.

Im guessing i am going to have to have give lifting a break for a week. This has benefits becuase I need to up my cardio a bit so I will have the chance to do so this week.

Also if i take a week off and then switch up my routine when I start up again will it help to break my bench plateau that ive met!!!
    I am going to keep on training until my back has grown a back of its own.

To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, I got the same kinda' thing when I first started out (not saying that's WHY I got it, just saying it's when I got it)...
    I lifted through it for some time, and the pain got worse.
    I did some gentle movements with it every night, then iced it for about 3 sessions of 10 minutes, per evening.
    Within 2 or 3 days the problem had gone. It did start up a little bit again, so I went through the ritual of icing it before the pain built up, and it's fine now.
    Same deal with my wrist.

Tom
    "In times of change the learners inherit the world whereas the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Geoff Hofer

Fear The Day That I Reach 200lbs.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i would take the week off- use an ice then hot pack on it. When you start up, start off slow to make sure it's okay. if it's still 'twanging', i'd go see a physiotherapist, you may have knocked something out of alignment or something like that.
    Booo

John AK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like a tendon mishap. You might want to consult a physical therapist or orthopedist about this.

Do you do any rotator cuff warmup work before lifting? My personal favorite is to grab a 5 pound plate in each hand and slowly, while under control, rotate your arm like a windmill through its fullest range of motion. By "windmill" I mean the same motion a softball pitcher uses pitching, but much slower and under more control.

Your shoulders are probably the one part of your body that's easiest to injure, and also one of the most important, if not the most important, joints on your body. Be sure to take good care of them...if not, you'll regret it later.
    5'10"
    160 lbs

Bench 210x1
    Squat 315x1
    Deadlift 350x1
    Total 875

Don't need no straps, no supplements,
    no chalk, no gloves, no goddam juice.
    Real men lift and eat, period.
    Form is life.

yourdaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    upright rows put a lot of stress on the rotator cuff, so that could be very well what the pain is from. i used to get the same thing until i substituted armpit rows for the uprights. hope this helps, and wish you a speedy recovery.
    Why use ripped fuel when you can just smoke a couple rocks?

Your bodies aint worth my gun!

The wreaper keep on callin me, but I dont ever holla back, When I get to hell I wanna smoke weed and sell crack, I dont give a fuk if its cold or if its hot, Cuz hell aint **** but a brand new dope spot.

No I'm not that ***** that be hugged up, wit your butt, I'm the one walkin away when ur mouth be full of nut.

Im just a bedroom gangsta orzonus's Avatar
    orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by yourdaddy
    upright rows put a lot of stress on the rotator cuff, so that could be very well what the pain is from. i used to get the same thing until i substituted armpit rows for the uprights. hope this helps, and wish you a speedy recovery.
    I bump that. Upright rows has been the result of an injury or two for me.

"Man you're gettin' big" modestmuscle's Avatar
    modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) modestmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    , i'd go see a physiotherapist,

That's about the 3rd time I've read that today from you.
    What's up with that?

~MODEST

IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the advide, What are armpit rows then?

Luckily today i did my cardio with nopain so it may be clearing up but ill still rest it another few days
    I am going to keep on training until my back has grown a back of its own.