Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question Preacher Curl Bench

Hi there. What do you guys think of this preacher curl bench? I always thought the place where you rest your arms should be bigger but i'll let you guys decide:

http://www.fitnessdepot.ca/products/...es/NL-curl.htm
    O xein angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tede
    Keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi

jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, it seems as though the pad is tiny from that pic. I'd look for a bigger one. How much is it?
    "Homebrewing is easier than my ex-girlfriend" - Kitchen Chemist

jweave23@cyber-rights.net

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Depends on the price and pad width. Here's another to look at (not cheap though):

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/pro95315.html

and another, a bit cheaper:

http://www.afitnessequipment.com/afi...ScurlBnch.html

and another:

http://www.afitnessequipment.com/afi.../YuCurlBn.html
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    All I can say is that the Northern Lights benches I've seen are BY FAR the best constructed home use benches in the price category.
    The steel bends and welds are second to none and their pricing is usually ridiculously low.
    Call someone and ask them about the width, then measure your shoulder points, if they are close, I'd grab it.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    got to try the NL preacher today, really nice bench
    small pad height-wise, but width is just fine
    I like the shorter pad as you can tuck it to the armpit and leave the elbow suspended below the pad if you want
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Here's another Northern Lights outlet:

http://www.thefitnessstore.com/Qstore/c000099.htm

It's a steal at that price
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Wildcat33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have you considered making a preacher curl bench? Cheap, strong, and relatively easy to make. Although my design would be different, here's a link to a homemade bench someone else made ...

http://www.geocities.com/juicer_2000/beginers.htm

clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question

While we are on preacher curl equip. can someone please tell me how much the Oly EZ Curl bar weighs ? Feel like an idiot for asking this question.
    "Today is the greatest, day I've ever known !" Billy Corgan Smashing Pumpkins

standard OLYMPIC EZ bars with spinning ends run about 25lbs as a rule
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

EZ curl bars generally weigh 15-17 pounds, but most people "count" them as 25 pounds when calculating weight on the bar.

Originally posted by Wildcat33
    EZ curl bars generally weigh 15-17 pounds, but most people "count" them as 25 pounds when calculating weight on the bar.
    I just weighed mine, 21-22 lbs (stripped, without collars, cheap digital scale), BUT it's a CAP Barbell OB-48, sort of a combo bar (great for skullcrushers, by the way), and you can see why it weighs a couple of pounds more.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MiloMan; 12-09-2002 at 08:47 PM.

Sorry wildcat but I've weighed the ones at the gym, 3 of them all 24-26lbs with spring collars, good expensive digital scale
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clutch154 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool

I appreciate all the responses to this question...i asked a guy who owned an "equipment" store in the mall and he didn't know either...thanks everyone ! ! !
    "Today is the greatest, day I've ever known !" Billy Corgan Smashing Pumpkins

I believe you refer to standard (1") EZ-curl bars, not olympic EZ-curl bars.

Actually I was talking about 2" Olympic EZ curl bars. I've always heard that they weigh 25 lbs, but the one I use at home weights 17 lbs and another one I weighed a couple years ago weighed 15.5 pounds. I must be dealing with some cheap ones eh? Here's a pic of the 2" Oly EZ curl bar I've owned for several years ... it weighs 17 lbs, and I weighed it on 2 different scales:
    Attached Images

Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gray Fox has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by ctgblue
    got to try the NL preacher today, really nice bench
    small pad height-wise, but width is just fine
    I like the shorter pad as you can tuck it to the armpit and leave the elbow suspended below the pad if you want
    So you would reccomend that particullar preacher curl bench? How does it feel with a smaller pad like that? Would it put a lot of pressure on one part of the arm?
    O xein angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tede
    Keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi

Originally posted by Gray Fox
    So you would reccomend that particullar preacher curl bench? How does it feel with a smaller pad like that? Would it put a lot of pressure on one part of the arm?
    Actually it doesn't because you can move it up and down, you can set it where YOU want it
    I like it with the elbow unsupported on preachers, that way you can't rock and cheat
    the foam pad on this is cool because it's a dense rubberized foam and no vinyl to tear down the road
    All I'm saying is that for the money, I felt it was a very nice unit
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Originally posted by Wildcat33 Actually I was talking about 2" Olympic EZ curl bars. I've always heard that they weigh 25 lbs, but the one I use at home weights 17 lbs and another one I weighed a couple years ago weighed 15.5 pounds. I must be dealing with some cheap ones eh? Here's a pic of the 2" Oly EZ curl bar I've owned for several years ... it weighs 17 lbs, and I weighed it on 2 different scales:
    I HAVE noticed that some of the ones in the fitness shops feel lighter than the ones in my gym
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Actually I was talking about 2" Olympic EZ curl bars. I've always heard that they weigh 25 lbs, but the one I use at home weights 17 lbs and another one I weighed a couple years ago weighed 15.5 pounds. I must be dealing with some cheap ones eh? Here's a pic of the 2" Oly EZ curl bar I've owned for several years ... it weighs 17 lbs, and I weighed it on 2 different scales:
    Is that bar a 4-footer, or is it a slightly shorter bar?

Originally posted by MiloMan
    I just weighed mine, 21-22 lbs (stripped, without collars, cheap digital scale), BUT it's a CAP Barbell OB-48, sort of a combo bar (great for skullcrushers, by the way), and you can see why it weighs a couple of pounds more.
    Wonder of wonders, I was going to the hardware store so I took along the bar and collars and weighed it in their "legal for trade" scale (calibrated weekly) that they weigh bolts on for bulk sales.

With the two 1 lb collars, it weighed 19 lbs and 17lbs without the collars.

Needless to say, my cheap digital scale is 4-5 pounds heavy and has been readjusted.

Originally posted by MiloMan
    Is that bar a 4-footer, or is it a slightly shorter bar?
    It's 47 1/2" long, bought several years ago at a big sporting goods joint called Sports Unlimited. The other one I weighed at 15.5 lbs several years ago was at a Nashville Y where I used to work out. Out of curiosity I checked New York Barbell's site, and their Oly EZ curl bar is listed at 17 without the collars, 19 with. But I've always counted the EZ curl bar as 25 and so has everyone else that I know. Beginning to think that maybe only the good stuff like Eleiko truly weighs in at 25 lbs.

Yep, bars like the Hampton, with rubber grips, Ivanko, etc... IE gym quality stuff, are about 25lbs with collars
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

I just got a super bar with a double bend and it was only 21lbs
    but it is 'home duty' also
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com