gunz24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bicep-popping tendon

Hello, I have a question about my bicep. About two years ago I was arm wrestling and my lower tendon by my elbow on the left hand side of my left arm starting to burn and have a numbing feeling. I ignored it and kept on arm wrestling. So after a few days my tendon starting burning and felt like it was stuck said I went to crack my elbow and my tendon crack or popped which hurt real bad. Now since then, my bicep has been burning, aching, you name it.(In the result of my arm wrestling deal) I can't curl cuz it hurts to bad too. When I go to flex, my tendon feels like it's stuck so I fling my wrist and it pops my tendon, it feels good for 10 mins, but then it starts to hurt again, and it won't pop for a hour or so. Iv'e been to a couple of doctors, and they said it was teninnitous(I could of told them that) They said popping the tendon was fine. So what do I do? I can't weight lift cuz it hurts so bad, I bought some Omega Sports Flex, hopping that'll work.
    Anything will help.
    Thanks

??

Powerlifting, Football BakesPimpRB23's Avatar
    BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500)
    this is something that a doctor could give you the most advice on... i would ask my doctor for certain medication, supplements, and types of rehabing exercises to help with this... also try different types of google searching to look for supplements and rehabing exercises... my best answer to this questiong is to go real light with your exercises and performing with a good good range of motion... try loosening up the muscle and stretching the area like at least 10 minutes a day, ice the area after training to prevent swelling, and use atomic bomb on the area before exercising it heavy...

i'm also not sure how bad your tenedonitis is, if its just really curls that are bothering it than so what is a sense... try squatting, if there is too much pressure on it, then do leg presses instead...try deadlifts alot since the arm is straight at there is no bending ot the arm... so also have to find out which hurts most, bending the elbow or locking it out, if its bending than do more board presses for benching, front/side laterals for shoulders, and other exercises such as those more often... if it locking out that hurts, than just dont fully lockout on your exercises and slowly work your way to locking them out over the next couple of months or so... goodluck though man, hope everything works out for you in the long run

MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Three words for you.......Em, Are, Eye. Hope that helps.
    DC-Best legs ever in the Pacific Northwest!!!! GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I want to get a mri, but I herd it cost like 4 g's. I don't know if I want to pay that kind of money, but I don't want to bust my tendons in half either.
    thanks for the help so far..

MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gunz24
    I want to get a mri, but I herd it cost like 4 g's. I don't know if I want to pay that kind of money, but I don't want to bust my tendons in half either.
    thanks for the help so far..
    I would think more like 1000 bucks.

3rd day of a 7 day binge The Abomination's Avatar
    The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MonsterG8r
    I would think more like 1000 bucks.
    Why are you still posting in this forum??? PL hater!!! Gene hater!!

marco187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marco187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marco187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marco187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marco187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marco187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marco187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marco187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marco187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marco187 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marco187 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by The Abomination
    He's just helping out.
    weight: 216
    height: 5' 11"
    biceps: 15"
    chest: huge
    Legs: Not as big as i want them to be.

For Construction Services in Charleston, SC and Surrounding Areas >>>> www.abcmanage.net

Unhappy

Originally Posted by marco187
    He's just helping out.
    Thanks Marco!! I don't know what He's talking about. All I ever wanted to do was help others.

Didn't have your morning coffee today??? Go drown yourself in liquid testatropinol and smilax. Maybe they'll make you big. LOL

3rd day of a 7 day binge The Abomination's Avatar
    The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MonsterG8r
    Didn't have your morning coffee today??? Go drown yourself in liquid testatropinol and smilax. Maybe they'll make you big. LOL
    I repeat, Gene Hater!!! Be Gone!!! You know I can't take that testatropinal anymore....gets me too jacked!

I repeat, Gene Hater!!! Be Gone!!! You know I can't take that testatropinal anymore....gets me too jacked!
    Me too. I feel ya. Try the homeopathic GH pellets and I'll see you on stage at the Olympia shortly thereafter....!!!!!

do some deads!!!!! proud heritage's Avatar
    proud heritage will become famous soon enough. (+50) proud heritage will become famous soon enough. (+50) proud heritage will become famous soon enough. (+50) proud heritage will become famous soon enough. (+50) proud heritage will become famous soon enough. (+50) proud heritage will become famous soon enough. (+50) proud heritage will become famous soon enough. (+50) proud heritage will become famous soon enough. (+50) proud heritage will become famous soon enough. (+50) proud heritage will become famous soon enough. (+50) proud heritage will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face

Hello, I have a question about my bicep. About two years ago I was arm wrestling and my lower tendon by my elbow on the left hand side of my left arm starting to burn and have a numbing feeling. I ignored it and kept on arm wrestling. So after a few days my tendon starting burning and felt like it was stuck said I went to crack my elbow and my tendon crack or popped which hurt real bad. Now since then, my bicep has been burning, aching, you name it.(In the result of my arm wrestling deal) I can't curl cuz it hurts to bad too. When I go to flex, my tendon feels like it's stuck so I fling my wrist and it pops my tendon, it feels good for 10 mins, but then it starts to hurt again, and it won't pop for a hour or so. Iv'e been to a couple of doctors, and they said it was teninnitous(I could of told them that) They said popping the tendon was fine. So what do I do? I can't weight lift cuz it hurts so bad, I bought some Omega Sports Flex, hopping that'll work.
    Anything will help.
    Thanks
    id lay off the upper body weight lifting for a while if i was you ,and take creatine and glutamine,and vit c.just do sqats or some thing for your lower body ,it sounds like you might of snapped a nerve in your arm or something ,but yea an MRI would be wise cause you never know.just go have it done and when its time to pay up tell them youll pay them friday or some thing.
    these weights are mine, they do what i say,when i say it,they will not defeat me,they are my property!!!!!!!!!!!

SamRoza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know why you're asking us and not taking your doctor's most likely advice to you:

Rest
    Ice
    Compress
    (normally we'd throw in Elevation, but not in this case.)

Tendonitis is a bitch, and it will NEVER go away unless you take care of it. Unfortunately, for lifting, that means NOT exercising that bodypart for some time. So take some time off, take OTC anti-inflammatory meds, ice the elbow joint, and wrap it if swollen at all(wrapping it will also keep the area warm which will reduce the pain).

Unfortunately, the main component to recovery for elbow joint tendonitis will be lots of rest.

Do I sound like a broken record yet?

Take care.

fr0stbyte is on a distinguished road. (+10) fr0stbyte is on a distinguished road. (+10) fr0stbyte is on a distinguished road. (+10) fr0stbyte is on a distinguished road. (+10) fr0stbyte is on a distinguished road. (+10) fr0stbyte is on a distinguished road. (+10) fr0stbyte is on a distinguished road. (+10) fr0stbyte is on a distinguished road. (+10) fr0stbyte is on a distinguished road. (+10) fr0stbyte is on a distinguished road. (+10) fr0stbyte is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would say A.R.T ( Active Release Therapy ) would be an option in this case. I't did wonders for a rotator cuff injury of mine.
    75kg class
    Competition lifts -Oct 14th, 2006 90kg class
    Squat 550lbs
    Bench 396lbs
    Deadlift 540lbs
    Oly Comps :
    86kg Snatch/ 110kg C&J
    Training Log: http://www.saskpowerlifting.ca/~jjamie/wordpress/

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by proud heritage
    id lay off the upper body weight lifting for a while if i was you ,and take creatine and glutamine,and vit c.just do sqats or some thing for your lower body ,it sounds like you might of snapped a nerve in your arm or something ,but yea an MRI would be wise cause you never know.just go have it done and when its time to pay up tell them youll pay them friday or some thing.
    wow strong bump

Mahdeeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anything will help.
    Thanks
    I know exactly what you are referring to. It didn't happen to me during arm wrestling but the more I would go up in weight the more this would happen. You need to strengthen your forearm. Also, what I did everyday with just a 5 to 15lb dumbell were some tennis elbow excersises. Look some stuff up online for tennis elbow exercises or elbow strength exercise and you'll find some stuff to help you. Also, get and elbow wrap while working out. I did the things just mentioned to you and can now do the push press and bench press without elbow wraps with no pain or clicking. It's in the forearm.
    Pain is Universal

d2bball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'm not 100% sure that the tennis elbow remark was correct, as "tennis elbow" is a name given to a common form of tendonitis on the outside of your arm i believe, and i think he is referring to the inside of his. Anyway, i've had that recurring problem on my bicep... i'll share with you some techniques thathave helped me get through it.
    1. while it's still hurt REST IT.(i generally have to not use it or about a week straight)
    2.take anti-inflammatory's... even ibuprofen works fairly well for me
    3. i rarely use db's anymore, as inevitably, for almost any execrise with them there is a "swing" (i.e swinging it to your shoulder on db shoulder presses)
    4. when lifting ANYTHING (even bench)release the tension slowly, as you are re-racking it, don't just let go, SLOWLY apply less and less force to the bar, it's far easier on your tendons
    5. no direct bicep work, especially if you're a pl it'snot that neccesary anway, mine are a decent size and strength (i was able to strictform curl 65lb db's for 4 reps...of course after doing that by tendons hurt like a bitch again) i generally only work them inderectly in cable rows, pulldowns, pullups, etc.....
    hopefuly this has helped somewhat, peace
    -I'm really 17 just thought i might have needed to be 21 or something to join the forum
    6'5, 205 (bulking)
    lifts:bench 220(max), squat 200(8 reps,my knee is screwed up), deadlift 300(4 reps)

May 1
    weight-212
    bench-235
    squat-300
    deadlift-375

July 1
    weight-218
    bench-260
    deadlift-410
    squat-not sure, have been doing higher reps, will update later

mrscat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HI gunz24,
    I see this post is from 2006 but thought I post anyhow..

I beleive im having the same problem with my elbow/bicep. Just thought Id give this a shot and see what you did ended up doing for the injury. Did you get the mri? Would love to hear what you did for recovery on this.
    Thanks