7% bodyfat here I come Mike Zero's Avatar
    Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Carb cycle advice (reps)

Hey guys,

I know there's a bunch of us Powerlifters that have had success with carb cycling, thought I could get some tips. Changing my training program soon (when I finish smolov) so I have to tweak my carb days around a bit. I am using medium carb days as well, on top of high, low and no. I'm very happy with how this has been going, squat feels strong as fuuuuuu, but I finish smolov soon so have to make changes. Bits and pieces of light cardio all over the show, no need to do too much yet.

Here's what I have at the moment:
    Monday: Smolov 1 + hamstring assistance - medium carb
    Tuesday: Chest - low carb
    Wednesday: Smolov 2 + upper back - high carb
    Thursday: Shoulders - low carb
    Friday: Smolov 3 + quad assistance - medium carb
    Saturday: Arms - low carb
    Sunday: Rest - no carb

This is what my program is going to look like after I finish Smolov:
    Monday: Deadlift + hamstring
    Tuesday: Bench + chest, biceps
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Squat + quads
    Friday: Upper back
    Saturday: Shoulders, tris
    Sunday: Rest

By then I think it would be time to add another no carb day, so no carb days would be on Wednesday & Sunday (rest days). I want to stick high carb day on squat day for personal preference. I need to work on my bench so I want to go medium on Tuesday and I also would like the other medium day on deadlift day (obv). I'm fine with low carb days on upper back and shoulders/tris as these are easy/favourite days for me.

So it will look like this:
    Medium, medium, no, high, low, low, no.

The obvious dilemma is that my carbs are blatantly weighted towards the first half of the week, with two medium days in a row and then two low days followed by a no are consecutive in the second half of the week. Is this a problem?

Anything else anyone picked up on if not tl;dr?

NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000) NorthTexasBB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mike Zero View Post
    Hey guys,

I know there's a bunch of us Powerlifters that have had success with carb cycling, thought I could get some tips. Changing my training program soon (when I finish smolov) so I have to tweak my carb days around a bit. I am using medium carb days as well, on top of high, low and no. I'm very happy with how this has been going, squat feels strong as fuuuuuu, but I finish smolov soon so have to make changes. Bits and pieces of light cardio all over the show, no need to do too much yet.

Here's what I have at the moment:
    Monday: Smolov 1 + hamstring assistance - medium carb
    Tuesday: Chest - low carb
    Wednesday: Smolov 2 + upper back - high carb
    Thursday: Shoulders - low carb
    Friday: Smolov 3 + quad assistance - medium carb
    Saturday: Arms - low carb
    Sunday: Rest - no carb

This is what my program is going to look like after I finish Smolov:
    Monday: Deadlift + hamstring
    Tuesday: Bench + chest, biceps
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Squat + quads
    Friday: Upper back
    Saturday: Shoulders, tris
    Sunday: Rest

By then I think it would be time to add another no carb day, so no carb days would be on Wednesday & Sunday (rest days). I want to stick high carb day on squat day for personal preference. I need to work on my bench so I want to go medium on Tuesday and I also would like the other medium day on deadlift day (obv). I'm fine with low carb days on upper back and shoulders/tris as these are easy/favourite days for me.

So it will look like this:
    Medium, medium, no, high, low, low, no.

The obvious dilemma is that my carbs are blatantly weighted towards the first half of the week, with two medium days in a row and then two low days followed by a no are consecutive in the second half of the week. Is this a problem?

Anything else anyone picked up on if not tl;dr?
    I would go high carb on days before your squats so you have that stored energy ready to be used then go lower on actual squat days same with deadlifts. But thats just what I would do and to me makes more sense but im sure someone with a little more knowledge with how glycogen stores work can chime in.

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not sure if it's what your looking for but a great article.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=109708681
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just switch your bench and shoulder days around. Will shift some carbs toward the end of the week so you won't have to endure three low/no days in a row.
    Eternal Gym Rat, Student Physical Therapist. None of my post content should be taken as medical advice. Ask your doctor/PT.

Best Gym Lifts: 585/390/675 440 FS 265 OHP @203 No longer competing

I lift weights for fun