Myztek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myztek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myztek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myztek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myztek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myztek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many calories can your body absorb in one meal?

Just wondering. Say I were to eat 5,000 calories in a sitting; How much would get absorbed, and how much would go to waste?

XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dunno, but I wouldn't recommend eating that many calories in one sitting. That's just plain stupid. Space your eating out over the entire course of the day rather than trying to eat a ****load in one meal.

Myztek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myztek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myztek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myztek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myztek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myztek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well of course it's not a good decision. I'm just wondering how many your body can absorb at once.

I've only done this a few times.

I wanna transform my body falloutpat's Avatar
    falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falloutpat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you have to let your body get used to the calories. For example Ronnie Coleman takes in, I dunno, lets say 10,000 cals a day. And let's say he eats 5x a day, so that's 2000 cals per meal. His body can absorb that 2000 cals easier than a 140 pound guy whose body is used to around 500-700 cals per meal.

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Myztek
    Just wondering. Say I were to eat 5,000 calories in a sitting; How much would get absorbed, and how much would go to waste?
    I don't think you understand exactly what a calorie is.
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

BigJohnStudd87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Morbid_Mind
    I don't think you understand exactly what a calorie is.
    +1

A calorie is a unit of measurement. A unit of measurement of energy. Just like a mile is a measure of distance. You can't say "If you drive 100 miles, how much of that is actually driven?"

If you consume 5000 calories, there is a concept called the thermic effect of food, where it takes 10% of the calories in the food to digest the food. But this is not important because it is a constant and is worked into your Routine metabolic rate. Any amount of calories you consume will either be used for energy or stored for future energy. If you consume 5000 calories, the only way that you don't turn that ito 1.5 lbs of fat is to use 5000 calories.

kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100)

Well, the reason I ask is because there was a topic where someone was talking about the same thing. They said that if you ate too many calories in one meal that part of it would "go to the toilet" and not be used.

kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100)
    tell that to the beauty in my previous post

gonzaga111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gonzaga111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gonzaga111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gonzaga111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gonzaga111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gonzaga111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gonzaga111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gonzaga111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gonzaga111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gonzaga111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gonzaga111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    your body would absorb all the calories but only a partial amount of the nutrients and protein..........it would take what it needs it terms of nutrients and protein and then convert the rest to bodyfat.............the body only uses what it needs
    6-1

"Train,Eat,Sleep,Repeat"
    "This aint for the weak hearted"

One day i hope to compete

^^^^^
    that sounds pretty correct

Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    usually the calories you eat are directly used and the rest are saved as storage. So I'd say that if u gorged out and ate some 2,000 calories in a meal about 5-6 hundred of them would be used to keep u going the rest would converted and stored as fat. Thatz why it's better to space your meals so you don't absorb so much at one time.

Serum556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Serum556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Serum556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Serum556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Serum556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Serum556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Serum556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Serum556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Serum556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Serum556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Serum556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The human body is very efficient at utilizing what you feed it. Our of your 5000 calorie meal, the body might use, as previously stated, a few hundred calories for energy, but would work to convert the rest of your caloric intake to fat. Calories are never "lost," that's the reason why so many people are overweight. As humans were once hunter-gatherers and could not depend on regular meals like we can today, our physiology adapted to be extraordinarily efficient at storing calories as fat. That fat, in between irregular and sometimes scarce feedings, would be used to sustain the body. It makes good evolutionary sense; without that adaptation who knows whether humans would ever have escaped extinction this long.