cruzader777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cruzader777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cruzader777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This sound good for shoulder exercise?

I've beein working out for 6 monts now and am still bulking, if that'll matter to the response to my question: is my shoulder workout routine ok for mass building?:

3 sets DB shoulder press
    3 sets Shrugs (traps i know)
    3 sets front lateral raises
    3 sets side lateral raises

Thank you
    I just want to get huge

22, 6' 1"

Started 6/01/02 at 115 lbs., now at 160 lbs.

To become a House, you must eat like a House......

c.lefort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c.lefort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c.lefort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c.lefort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c.lefort has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you do your chest the same day you do your shoulders. Also how many reps.

Taturana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Try changing DB shoulder press for military press (do 1 warm-up set and 1 set with a light weight and then go to 3-4 heavy sets). Donīt forget doing a exercise for your rear delts. Train as hard as you can!!!

Aetolos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How many reps are you doing in each excersise? Stay under 8. Drop the front lateral raises and possibly side lateral raises. Replace them with some upright rows and rear delt raises or close grip rows. And do the shrugs last.

Personally, I think barbell shrugs are better because I seem to find that the further your hands are apart, the better it hits the traps. And so since it's a little difficult to hold 80lbs dumbells slightly away from your side, holding a barbell with a wider grip is better...just my opinion though, give me some feed back people, and don't disagree with what I said without trying it please.

Cool

cruzader777, like Aetolos said doing shrugs last is a good advice. I also prefer doing barbell shrugs (sometimes i do DB to change the routine).

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Re: This sound good for shoulder exercise?

Originally posted by cruzader777
    I've beein working out for 6 monts now and am still bulking, if that'll matter to the response to my question: is my shoulder workout routine ok for mass building?:

3 sets DB shoulder press

Thank you
    Drop the front raises as you will be hitting the anterior deltoid on shoulder presses and add a posterior or rear deltoid excercise in there.

cruzader777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cruzader777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cruzader777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well i usually try to do 6-8 reps, but some people here told me that that's too close to my chest/back reps which are 5-6.....but anyways, i should change it to something like this?:

3 sets shoulder press (i can't always find a spotter for the military press machine, and i don't think finishing the set without almost failure is good enough)

3 sets side raises
    3 sets rear delt raises
    3 sets shrugs

Also, just so i know, what does the side raises hit and what does the upright row hit, so i know which one is more important to me?
    Since i'm gonna switch to the rear delt raises, how do i do them?
    And btw, i only do shoulders on this day.

Thanks again, you're helping a lot
    I just want to get huge

22, 6' 1"

Started 6/01/02 at 115 lbs., now at 160 lbs.

To become a House, you must eat like a House......

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For miltary press, why do you need a spotter, just do them for the # of reps, then slowly lower your legs bend over and put it on the floor. Side raise hits lateral deltiod, and uoright rows hit traps and a bit of the lateral deltiod. I rceomned both. JUst make it two or one set of upright rows.

3 sets miltitary press
    2 sets side raises
    2 sets bent over raises
    2 sets upright rows
    3 sets shrugs

Switch up the sets if you want. This is just a basic outline. To perfomr bent over raisses, just do lateral raises but bend over from 45 degress to 80 degress.

RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Side Laterals hit the side of your shoulders and give them width. Close grip upright rows also hit your side delts. I don't reccomend doing uprights though since they place so much stress on your rotator cuffs. And wide grip upright rows hit mostly your traps.
    "Jesus has a place for me
    A life of sin and infamy"

RaiZed Fist

Cool

Standing lateral raises develop the outside head of the deltoid (try to avoid cheating). Doing upright rows you will develop the traps and the front of the delts.
    For the rear delts you have to do a bent-over movement (using DB, cable).
    I think 3 sets of shrugs arenīt enough (do 4-5 sets).

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    not if you are using propwer form and just finisehd your whole shoulder workout AND did uoright rows.

Cool

Sychokid you have a point in what you said. I just do 4-5 sets because i feel that my traps recuperate pretty fast so i try to hit then alittle more doing this extra 1-2 sets. people keeep sending your feedback.

Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What's with they military press hype over db press? just curioius.

Oh and for shrugs i like db's. Cause when i use a bar, it like goes under my balls and like picks them up on the bar, and i dont want my balls laying on the bar like that. haha im dead serious about this too.
    the jakes on you.

Aetolos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Juggernaut
    Oh and for shrugs i like db's. Cause when i use a bar, it like goes under my balls and like picks them up on the bar, and i dont want my balls laying on the bar like that. haha im dead serious about this too.
    LoL I know what you mean. I just sort of stick my butt back a little bit (pulling the package back with it), and that seems to do the job.

blessthemartyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I believe in one shoulder exercise

Military press.

Works great for me..through in some side laterals and boom.

Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Juggernaut

LMFAO!! I couldn't stop laughing when I first read that but it's so true.
    "Don't give up, your too strong"-Earl Simmons

MARYLAND STATE CUP NATURAL BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2nd place Teen division

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Juggernaut
    [B]What's with they military press hype over db press? just curioius.

I love to do DB press, but i like military press a little more (I alternate between both). In BB you go and try various exercises/routines and with experience you start seeing what works best for you. For me Military press is more effective but for you it may be DB press. Once again, donīt take me wrong DB press is a great exercise and i love to do then.

KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: This sound good for shoulder exercise?

Originally posted by cruzader777

3 sets DB shoulder press

Thank you
    Take out front laterals and do rear laterals... front delts get hit enough with bench pressing e.t.c. other then that you have a good routine in my opinion everything is covered..keep pumpin

drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    in my opinion and what works best for me dont do any posteroir deltoid exercises on shoulder day, if they are lagging, throw some bent over laterals on back day. In fact I dont think of the posterior deltoid as a shoulder muscle put of a back muscle

drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    for everyone who thinks that front deltoid muscle get hit hard enough on chest day, so they dont do front raises, rear deltoids get hit hard enough on back day, so why would you do them on shoulder day also. I just feel that if your going to do pressing movements for shoulders which is necessary, you are already hitting the front deltoid much harder than front raises can, so their is no use saying dont do front raises cause they get hit hard enough on chest day

sorry bout the rant, not trying to pick on anyone, just trying to explain and help

DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000)

Question

Is there a difference b/w the way Military presses and DB Shoulder presses are performed other than the fact the Military press uses a BB?

Arms_OF_ThorE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

3 sets Arnold Press
    3 sets Upright Rows
    2 sets Reverse PecDec

Change Arnolds With Military Every 2 weeks