ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY NAME
Chapter 27,28 Test Reproductive
MULTIPLE CHOICE (Choose the best answer to each question below)
1. The hormone responsible for the development and maintenance of male secondary sexual characteristics is
a) ICSH d) gonadatropin releasing hormone
b) testosterone e) pituitary growth hormone
2. The female structure that corresponds to the male penis is the
a) vagina d) labia minora
b) vestibule e) labia majora
3. The hormone mainly responsible for the development and maintenance of female secondary sexual characteristics is
a) estrogen d) luteinizing hormone
b) androgen e) gonadotropin releasing hormone
4. The tubular portion of the uterus that extends downward into the upper part of the vagina is the
a) endometrium d) body
b) infundibulum e) corpus luteum
5. Meiosis occurs during
a) sperm development only c) both sperm and egg development
b) oocyte development only d) neither sperm or egg development
6. The cells in the testis that produce male sex hormones are called
a) spermatogenic cells d) seminiferous cells
b) germinal epithelial cells e) sperm cells
c) interstitial cells
7. Which of the following is not a component of the vulva
a) labia majora d) clitoris
b) vestibule e) vagina
c) labia minora
8. Androgens are
a) male sex hormones d) all of these
b) gonad releasing hormones e) none of these
c) female sex hormones
9. Which of the following can be fertilized to produce a zygote (sperm-egg cell combination)?
a ) primordial follicle c) mature follicle
b) primary oocyte d) secondary oocyte
10. A Pap smear is used to detect the presence of abnormal cells in the
a) vagina d) uterine tube
b) ovary e) cervix
11. What hormone stimulates the primordial follicles to begin maturing?
a) LH d) FSH
b) GnRH e) prolactin
12. Which of the following sequences best describes the path of the sperm from their source of production toward the outside of the body
a) testes, epididymis, vas deferens, ejaculatory duct, urethra
b) testes, ejaculatory duct, epididymis, vas deferens, urethra
c) testes, vas deferens, epididymis, ejaculatory duct, urethra
d) testes, epididymis, ejaculatory duct, vas deferens, urethra
e) testes, epididymis, prostate gland, ejaculatory duct, urethra
13. Puberty starts with which of the following secretions?
a) gonadotropin releasing hormome d) interstitial cell stimulating hormone
b) luteinizing hormone e) estrogen
c) follicle stimulating hormone f) testosterone
14. Where are the gonadotropins produced?
a) the hypolthalamus d) the pituitary gland
b) the testes e) none of the above
c) the ovary
15. Benign prostatic hyperplasia is
a) a cancerous growth in the prostate gland c) a growth that can metastasize
b) a non-cancerous growth in the uterus d) a non-cancerous growth in
the prostate gland
16. Which of the following pairs are the same substance with a different name?
a) FSH/GnRH d) ICSH/FSH
b) GnRH/LH e) LH/ICSH
17. The scrotum in the male is analogous to what structure in the female
a) the clitoris d) the vulva
b) the labia majora e) none of the above
c) the vagina
18. Which of the following does not produce fluid that is part of the makeup of semen?
a) vas deferens d) seminal vesicles
b) prostate gland e) all of these produce seminal fluid
c) bulbourethral gland
19. Which of the following is not a secondary male sex characteristic?
a) increased muscular growth d) thickening of the skin
b) enlargement of the larynx e) thickening of bones
c) the growth of body hair f) all of the above are secondary
male sex characteristics
20. In humans ovulation produces which of the following from a primordial oocyte
a) one secondary oocyte with 46 chromosomes
b) four secondary oocytes with 23 chromosomes each
c) one secondary oocyte with 23 chromosomes
d) two secondary oocytes with 46 chromosomes each
e) none of the above
21. Roughly how long does it take for male sperm cells to mature?
22. The primary sex organ of a female is the _______.
23. In the average typical female, the menstrual cycle lasts about
24. What structure within the ovary produces estrogen before
before ovulation occurs?
25. The erectile tissue in the penis includes two ______25________
and one ________26_________.
27. The primary sex organ of the male is the _________
28. Where do sperm cells mature, since they are immature when produced.
29. Follicular cells develop into a structure called the ---______ after
the follicle releases the egg cell.
30. Sperm cells are produced in what structure within the testes?
31. Hormones that stimulate both the testes and ovaries are
32. A hysterectomy is the removal of the ________.
33. The spermatic cord passes into the pelvic cavity through the
34, The muscular layer of the uterus is called the___________.
35 An egg cell or ooctye is typically fertilized in what structure?
Thread: Anatomy Test????