Thread: 50 Reps Program

B2B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

50 Reps Program

Hi All,
    I just read on the other bodybuilding forum and someone had mention about a 50 rep program. This is what he meant

Regardless of your goal, putting on size or strength, this technique is worth giving a shot at. 50-rep technique is doing an exercise to a total of 50 reps. Now all 50-rep do not have to be done in one set, you can do it in 2, 3, even 5 sets, whatever it takes to get to number 50, do it.
    Choose a moderate or lightweight that you can get for at least 12-15 reps on the first set, if you fall short, drop the weight and continue your set. On the next set, increase the weight or keep it the same and perform as many reps as you can and do the same for the next set. Keep doing it in this way until you reach 50 reps.

Now, when my partner introduced this technique to me, especially on the squats, I felt a burn like I never felt before. It definitely made my squat stronger and it got my quads more cut than usual. I liked it a lot and I know lots of hardcore lifters would too. To really utilize this method, try doing it after a mass exercise like the bench, squat, barbell curls, triceps extensions, etc. Do only one exercise using this method, you won't have it in you to do another set. The good exercises to use it on would be cable crossovers, pushdowns, rows, pulldowns, pull-ups, preacher curls, leg extensions, leg press, or any other shaping exercise.

Now the 50-rep method can be used in conjunction with a DROP-SET. After one heavy set of say?calf raises, drop the weight and start to do 50-reps. If you stop at around 20, drop the weight and continue. Then you stop at 35, drop again and do more. Then you reach 45, drop again and do 5 more until you reach 50. This should give any muscle, especially the calves, a HUGE shock that you definitely feel in the morning. But if your going to use the 50-rep/Drop-set combo, either do it after your mass-building exercise like standing calf raises, or you do that as your only exercise for that body part. Other than that, you can use this method on machine equipment if you don't have a partner. You can use it free weights if you have a partner. Remember, pick a weight that you can use for more than 12 reps. After that, increase or keep the weight the same and continue until you do 50-reps. Also, do as many sets as it take to get 50-rep total.

GOOD LUCK and feel the burn!!

Is this the way to go ? It kinda interesting to me though.

farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Read this, it follows similar principals.
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=651322
    "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."

Isaiah 6:3