Xseeyah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Not ur normal postworkout meal Q

Everybody says they eat chicken, brown rice,tuna, etc for postworkout,

but im talkin about right after u workout, u have ur protein shake and then what?

What i usually have is a 40g 100% ON protien, 1 banana and ive heard people say to ahve 1 slice of white bread with it as well. Aside from the protien in the equation, how does everything else sound (banana, 1 slice of white bread)?

Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Xseeyah

but im talkin about right after u workout, u have ur protein shake and then what?

What i usually have is a 40g 100% ON protien, 1 banana and ive heard people say to ahve 1 slice of white bread with it as well. Aside from the protien in the equation, how does everything else sound (banana, 1 slice of white bread)?
    have your shake when youre done working out and then 45mins to an hour or so later have your post workout meal. and drop the white bread, instead add some oats to your post workout shake, grind them up, or put em in whole, however you like. i buy oat flour which is just ground up oats. the banana is good.
    Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
    Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish
    But I'm debated disputed hated and viewed in America
    as a motherf**kin drug addict - like you didn't experiment?
    Now now, that's when you start to stare at who's in the mirror
    and see yourself as a kid again, and you get embarrased
    And I got nothin to do but make you look stupid as parents
    You f**kin do-gooders - too bad you couldn't do good at marriage!

Registered User blood vs. water's Avatar
    blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i would have this as a ppwo (post-post workout) meal. shake is fine immediately after your workout or, say, 45 minutes into it. i would drop the white bread as well. you can try putting some dextrose into you pwo shake. some people will argue it and some will agree. it's up to you though.

JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000) JustDontDie is just really nice. (+1000)
    banana and protein in water.

so no banana right after wards? ive read that it is good?

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so no banana right after wards? ive read that it is good?
    Everyone is going to tell you something different. There is probably nothing wrong with it. Again, it all depends on your preferences, workout intensity, and access to other foods. Bottom line is that you need to find what works for you. Try it and make adjustments if needed.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000)
    I always start with a shake of course, but my standard first "real meal" is usually a cup of cottage cheese, a cup of oatmeal, and a few slices of ezekiel bread. Sometime I'll add some whey to the oatmeal just for different flavors, but I find this general "breakfast" works well for me. (I can't eat chicken, beef, whatever at 8am, hehe).
    Steve

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Body like a stone, mind like a meatloaf.
    - Eric Cartman

Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

immediately (within 30 min) after workout - fast acting protein and carb (1:2 ratio), generally in shake form - whey/simple sugars

~60-90 minutes post workout - complex carbs and protein (whole food sources)

PeterWeinrauch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Protein shake the minute you get done as well as some sort of good low GI carb for me. 1/2 cup of oatmeal with 1 serving of frozen strawberries defrosted and mixed for after my morning work outs, 1 piece of whole wheat toast and a grapefruit after my afternoon work out.

user88812 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user88812 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user88812 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user88812 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user88812 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user88812 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user88812 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user88812 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user88812 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user88812 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user88812 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    PW shake(30g whey+50g dextrose)

Pw meal(1h after)No carb or fat.

chicken breast, eggs, meat.... with veggies

wow, there are so many different replies...this is why i started the thread because of researching and everything was different. There is that one big thread but, its way to much info to digest.