Thread: Cold Weather

OhYeah2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cold Weather

Ok, i heard that cold weather helps muscles somehow when you lift weights. Whats the story to it? have ya'll heard it to or is this person bullsh!ttin, again.

Thanks
    Oh yeah,

Sandman

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Cold Weather

Originally posted by OhYeah2004
    Ok, i heard that cold weather helps muscles somehow when you lift weights. Whats the story to it? have ya'll heard it to or is this person bullsh!ttin, again.

Thanks
    How does cold weather help you? If you cool down a muscle it can help you - get a strain or a sprain! What whistlehead told you this stuff? Cold only helps after the workout to reduce blood flow and help reduce inflammation, but not during a workout.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have heard just the opposite. Vince Gironda, the greatest trainer to every live, used to keep his gym bazing hott b/c he believed it helped muscle growth.
    "Don't give up, your too strong"-Earl Simmons

MARYLAND STATE CUP NATURAL BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2nd place Teen division

Hell if i know, how it helps. someone told me, i never really paid attention to it, til i started comin here again, and thought i would ask yall.
    Oh yeah,

Sandman

Originally posted by Mark21087
    I have heard just the opposite. Vince Gironda, the greatest trainer to every live, used to keep his gym bazing hott b/c he believed it helped muscle growth.
    i couldnt lift in a blazing hot room, id get pissed off and would be ready to fight anyone. i usually have the fan on, so i dont get hot, but its not cold. now thats its cold anyways, i dont have a choice, so i thought i would see if it was true.
    Oh yeah,

Sandman

phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phundi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    maybe you meant at a higher altitude? not colder, but it would be colder at a higher altitude

DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: Cold Weather

Originally posted by OhYeah2004

Thanks
    Cold weather has been mentioned in here once or twice. I think the idea is if you're shivering your muscles are actually contracting and relaxing hundreds of times. Also if it's cold when you train you have to use energy to maintain your body temperature, so it helps with fat loss.

Like I said, that's what been talked about on these boards. Seems to make sense, but I'm not 100% sure.
    "Something witty and humorous"