BigJohhnyBeef has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigJohhnyBeef has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigJohhnyBeef has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigJohhnyBeef has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigJohhnyBeef has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigJohhnyBeef has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigJohhnyBeef has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigJohhnyBeef has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigJohhnyBeef has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigJohhnyBeef has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigJohhnyBeef has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

boxing(or other sports) and bodybuilding

ok guys heres a question for ya..you think it would be possible to do both...now im not talking about a ronne coleman trying to box..but a healthy natural 18 inch arm 50 inch chest type guy climbing into the ring..

im a big fan of steve reeves
    his arms neck and calf were 18 1/4 52 inch chest
    26 in leg
    29 inch waist
    at 6 foot 1

my goal is
    18 inch arm neck calf
    50 inch chest
    25 inch leg
    30 inch waist
    at 5 ft 8

am about 1 and a half inches away all around and im wondering if you guys think training for boxing nmy non weight days would be interfearing with my bodybuilding progress

my first love is bodybuilding and it would be my first choice if i could only do 1

but if i could do both.....
    what do you guys think?
    The Rambo of Palestine

GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For ex. I goto kick-boxing and bodybuilding at the same time...
    You can be the best in boxing if you hit faster and in the right place...

It will be hard for you to bulk, since in boxing, you jump alot...
    But overall, it does not interfere...Not me...
    ...Loved by many, hated by few...

Oxandralone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxandralone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxandralone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxandralone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxandralone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxandralone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxandralone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxandralone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxandralone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxandralone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxandralone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I used to box, Its a great cardio workout and used to get me cut in no time at all. It was difficult to bulk, all i did was take a extra serving or 2 of n-large on the days i did boxing to make up for the calories burn. Onbe thing i did notice my upper strenght and calf size seemed to go up really quickly when i stoped. Which my trainer said it was beacuse of the increase in blood flow to those parts due to the better conditioning. So yeah you'll be fine doing both, maybe take 2 weeks off boxing every 3 or 4 weeks to see if it makes a difference in your bodybuilding.

Ox

daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daquietman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ok well i used to do boxing and bbing together with boxing twice a week and a bbing split 3 times. let me tell u know your bbing progress WILL be affected a lot. i know this is not what u want to hear but it is true, take it from some one who has been there.
    firstly boxing is a intense form of cardio basically that is useless for your bbing goals as u are already taxing your muscles with the weights, why would u want to 'overtrain' so to speak? also, the cardio ascpect burns calories which could better be used for building muscle. i could take ascoop of weight gainer (calories) b4 weights like the guy above me said, but does that mean weight training wont affect my body??? HELL NO!
    boxing also uses a lot of calf, back,chest,and shoulder invlovement. YOU WILL overtrain with boxing and it does affect your bbing. however, if u limit your boxing to around 1 hour a week i think that would be a reasonable option.
    i myself have stopped boxing, but i still maintain an interest, i have a heavy bag at home so i hit on that for about an hour or 45mins on sundays when i do not weight train (and i dont train on saturday so any muscles which are affected wont be that much
    affected). i dont take any weight gainer b4 it or anything, because i just do it as a form of cardio as well to keep my metabolism in shape and primed, and also to burn a little fat. i do however take a 25-30g protein shake afterwards.
    oh and i do a bit of jump rope rocky styleeee as well hahahaha

milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You talking about boxing other ppl or just hitting a bag ?
    Your too short for your weight class in boxing and you'll tear you bicep at your height

Mitsos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did boxing nad weightlifting training for about a year.In my opinion you shouldnt do any cardio except from boxing since it is very good and if you do extra you wont be getting much bigger .You will have results in your body in size but not as much as without it.But if you are serious on competing i think you must stop the bb and focus on a programm that is going to be specificaly for your boxing.Because of the bb you will be at a disadvantage because you will be very short for your category.I can tell you this because about a month i took my first Muay Thai fight and i lost by points[2 judges said i won 3 judges said he won].The reason i lost i think it was a] i was tired eazier as i had more muscle than that i needed for fighting in that category b] i fought a much taller opponement [that showed in the clinch where he landed more knees than me while i got two throws which dont score as much as knees].So if you are about to compete leave the bb routine and cut as much as you can to get to a lower category or dont compete and do it for cardio and for not loosing your speed, and of course training in how to fight.

zeeem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zeeem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zeeem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zeeem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zeeem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zeeem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zeeem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I know that it makes you lose your speed, I was like the fastest street fighter and when I been lifting weights hard, I lost the speed.
    Last edited by zeeem; 03-31-2014 at 01:38 PM.