Njlegs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Njlegs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Njlegs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Njlegs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Journal for 2007 show (training, cardio, and Nutrition/supplementation)

Hi I am new to the board and I will be adding a new journal. Which will include a workout, cardio, and nutrion/supplementation section. I am committing myself to a competition next year begining of May. NPC midatlantic championships, this is a natural show which is tested. To give all a little background on me since I am new to the board I have competed in the past but due to injuries (back and hip) took a back seat to training. The problem was even after geting in a state in which I was healthly enough to workout I remained out of the gym and eat fast food, junk, and stayed as stationary as possible. About six weeks ago I began my return to the gym and it was about as pothetic as the first time I picked up a weight (we all remember thse days where you could get comfortable no matter what excerise we did and everything felt heavy). At this point in the game my goals are to be consistant with training and nutrition (which over the past six weeks I have) I started this whole thing a 271lbs and I dont even what to know ho much bodyfat in fact I dont want to know lol. I weighed myself couple days ago and my weight was 257lbs (oh I am 6ft tall by the way) so I am headed in the right direction. My goal is to get my weight at a mangeable level, meaning I would like to slowly lose weight over a very long period of time without making things very uncomfortable for myself also I would like to get to a point so next year I dont have to kill myself to get lean enough to compete. As I write this I will include pics throughout the whole process any reccomendations throughout the process would be greatly appreciated (that is the whole point of posted this anyway to put myself out there to be critiqued) I will include my info tonight after the day is over everyone have a great day.

Njlegs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Njlegs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Njlegs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Njlegs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Meals/Supplements For 5/1/2006

5:00 am Upon waking 25 mg ephedra 3 methylripped
    5:30 am meal #1 6 eggs whites, 2 tsp salsa,1 slice fat free cheese, 1/2 cup oatmeal, and 1 scoop mega isolate (GNC). 2 CLA and 1 mega men multi vitamin.

TOTALS: 395 Calories 5.5 grams Fat 34.5 Carbs 53 grams Protein

6:30am Pre Workout: 1 scoop mega isolate, 1 scoop creatine HSC, 200 mg ALA, 500 mg NAC, and 10 grams glutamine.

TOTALS: 240 Calories .5 grams Fat 34.5 grams Carbs 25 grams Protein

8:00 am Post Workout: 2 scoops mega isolate, 1 scoop creatine HSC, 10 grams glutamine, 200 mg ALA, 500mg NAC, 1 gram vitamin C, 1000IU vitamin E, and 10,000 IU beta carotene.

TOTALS: 350 Calories 1.5 Fat 36 grams Carbs 50 grams Protein

10:00am Meal#2 4 oz chicken, 1/4 cup brown rice, 2 serving broccoli, and 2 CLA

TOTALS: 390 calories 5 grams Fat 43 grams Carbs 44 grams Protein

12:00pm Meal#3 (pior to meal 25 mg ephedra 1 tight pill was last one lol) Metrx, tea spoon flax seed oil.

TOTALS: 310 Calories 8 grams Fat 19 grams Carbs 38 grams Protein

3:00 Meal#4 4 oz chicken breast, 2 servings veggies (broccoli), and 2 CLA

TOTALS: 220 Calories 3.5 grams Fat 8 grams carbs 39 grams Protein

5:30pm Meal#5 4 oz chicken breast, and 2 servings veggies (broccoli)

TOTLAS: 200 Calories 1.5grams Fat 8 grams Carbs 39 grams Protein

8:15pm Meal#6 Metrx and 2 tea spoon flax

TOTALS: 360 calories 13 grams Fat 19 grams Carbs 38 grams Protein

DAILY TOTALS: 2465 Calories 30.5 grams Fat 202 grams Carbs 326 grams Protein

Thoughts

I am thinking to add 1/2 cup of oatmeal to the 12:00 Metrx and salad to the other just to add some additional carbs. i have to remeber that I am not trying to get ripped in a day this is a on going process over a year.

Weight Training and cardio

Chest and Triceps
    Flat bench 255 lbs x 6
    265 lbs x 4
    265 lbs x 2 (fatigued should stay around 250 for now better rep range)

Incline Dumbells 80 lbs x 8
    85 lbs x 5
    85 lbs x 5

Flat flys 40 lbs x 10
    40 lbs x 8

Dumbbell pullovers 80 lbs x 10
    80 lbs x 8

Triceps push downs 170 lbs x 8
    170 lbs x 6
    170 lbs x 5

Skull crushers 75 lbs x 5
    75 lbs x 5
    75 lbs x 5

Kick backs 30 lbs x 10 (for two sets)

CARDIO 16 min MAX-OT
    Recumbent bike: 183 calories 83 RPM 5.10 miles Level 11

Thumbs up First Day at a glance

As mentioned in above post I think that I want to add some additional carbs to my liquid meals. I might also add some olive oil to my salad (if I do add it )

But for now I think that I will contiue the current diet program that I am doing. I will start adding more glutamine to the other liquid meals (can never have enough of that!!)

As far as the workout I have found that since I started beck in the gym the hardest thing is geting in that confortability range with your own abilities(knowing what weight to do and your own endurance levels) So that has been a challenging situation but that will improve with time. And finally cardio I have been experimenting with the AST MAX-OT cardio and let me tell you it is kick ass I am all most barfing after getting off the bike lol. i will contiue doing at least 3 cardio sessions per week (but if I can do more I will be happy) Well I look forward to any ideas or suggestions that the board members can suggest.

So long until tomorrow

Please board members recommendations?

Any one reccommend any ideas

Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but, journals don't belong in the workout programs section. This section is for discussing training philosophy. Post all this in the journal section, and you're likely to get a better response.
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.