Registered User ProWrestlingFan's Avatar
    ProWrestlingFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProWrestlingFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProWrestlingFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProWrestlingFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProWrestlingFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gym on 2nd Floor

I read the earlier thread in which a structural engineer recommended against putting a gym on the 2nd floor of a house. My gym will be shipped to me next week and we plan on putting it on the 2nd floor.

The difference is that this house is brand new, so the wood may not be as strong as older homes. However, I'm a very skinny guy and won't be lifting very heavy weights. The gym equipment is 400 lbs without weights, and the actual weight set I have is 300 lbs. I don't plan on dropping any weights, and if I do, there is no plate over 25 lbs.

Anyone here with experience in this who would recommend against this? Thanks.

Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Krikey187 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Heh strange coincidence. I just moved into a new home, im skinny, i have a 300 lb weight set, my power rack should be here soon, and I plan to put it on the second floor. Our home was just built so I plan to ask the builder, however my dad seems to think it won't be a problem. Regardless id like to hear some feedback on this as well.

Mr C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Might just be worth the expense of a shed(or somewhere outside undercover) as i guess you dont want to be small and skinny forever.
    I have a double garage full of equipment now and nolonger use upstairs which was limiting my gains.