BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Aren't gaining weight

I've been working out about 7 or 8 months. I went from 150-170 in the first 6 months, but as I got more into it I've improved my diet, ate more frequently, worked out more properly, and have put in more intensity. The 3 month program I am using changes constantly week from week and that's the program I've started with so I am constantly repeating it but I'd imagine my body would never get used to it, kinda like p90x. Do you think my gains have slowed or even stopped because I've reached that point where gains just slow down? I mean I've gained 20 months in 6 months how can I gain another lean 20 pounds in 6 more months?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BePositive View Post
    I've been working out about 7 or 8 months. I went from 150-170 in the first 6 months, but as I got more into it I've improved my diet, ate more frequently, worked out more properly, and have put in more intensity. The 3 month program I am using changes constantly week from week and that's the program I've started with so I am constantly repeating it but I'd imagine my body would never get used to it, kinda like p90x. Do you think my gains have slowed or even stopped because I've reached that point where gains just slow down? I mean I've gained 20 months in 6 months how can I gain another lean 20 pounds in 6 more months?
    Gains will slow as time passes. This is normal. However, stagnancy is not normal and indicative of adaptation surpassing any positive feedback inducing targeting.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BePositive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    Gains will slow as time passes. This is normal. However, stagnancy is not normal and indicative of adaptation surpassing any positive feedback inducing targeting.
    Well how often should I expect any gains? For the past two months my weight hasn't changed but I feel like I have gotten bigger.

Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Aren't gaining weight
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130703993

Milk does a body good. Sir_Malak's Avatar
    Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your doing well if you have gained twenty lean pounds in six months. That is really great. Keep up the good work. You will slow down as natural limits are approached but do not be concerned those limits take years and years of hard work and near perfect diets to reach.

If for the past two months you have not changed as DJ said perhaps its time to check your diet again? You may need to raise the calories since you have been put on more lean weight.

Good luck!
    2014 Misc Raw Bench Press Contest winner in the 276lb+ 555lb lift @ ~280lbs
    2014 Obtained goal of 600+ raw bench press. Shoulder also hates me.
    2015 Lost 110 lbs and currently enjoy being healthy. Retired heavy bench press.
    2016 Stay healthy? Help others?
    2017 Staying Healthy
    2018 Might Return To The Game

FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatallyYours will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jrahe42 View Post
    Aren't gaining weight
    Im glad you said something bc I kept looking at the title going am i effing stupid why don't I understand that

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Eat more. As you gain more muscle, your caloric maintenance will increase. So gains will slow, if your diet has stayed the same.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Like chazzy said, eat more.

If your numbers aren't progressing, then you might also think about deloading for a week and then changing up whatever programme you're on. I'm not familiar with what you're doing but changing the programme every week (unless it's minor changes) isn't really a great idea; how can you track progress? Not telling you what to do, of course; just suggesting that sticking to a basic programme AND eating more might net you more gains.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat 4,500 cals like i do each day, then come back and ask that question.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you made noob gains, plain and simple. From here on out gains in size will most likely be slow. The best way to increase the size from now on is to eat more and increase your strength as much as possible. want bigger arms? work up to to your bodyweight+3 plates for reps on dips.(example) Force your body to grow by always beating the weight you did last time, either in reps or more weight.
    STRONGMAN Competitor

weighted pull ups- 100X5 Wide grip70X8
    weighted dips-135X4 125X6
    Deadlift-585
    Farmers hold-295 each hand X32sec
    cg incline-265

32 full range pull ups

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well how often should I expect any gains? For the past two months my weight hasn't changed but I feel like I have gotten bigger.
    Stagnant bodyweight is usually due to caloric deficiencies:

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    Eat more. As you gain more muscle, your caloric maintenance will increase. So gains will slow, if your diet has stayed the same.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nothing quite like newbie gains.
    Gains will slow over time.
    But you are still relatively new to training, so not gaining is likely stemming from a caloric deficiency.
    I.e. you probably need to eat more. You are likely eating more now than you were prior to proper training in the gym, but this is likely now just maintaining your gains.

Also, check the deload sticky if you haven't already or do not know what deloading is.
    Focus, concentrate, lift, rest adequately, repeat. No talking.

The only way you will get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.
    The only way you will get stronger is by training with a stronger partner.

If you need to grunt while moving some heavy ass weight in the gym, go for it. I probably can't hear you anyway since I have some Black Sabbath turned to 11 in my ears.

But grunting in the locker room, especially from behind a stall door, is just fooking disturbing. Please refrain.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure it's mainly because I'm not getting enough calories. My diet is great, and I eat about 5-7 times a day, but it's so lean that I don't think I get enough cals from it. Lunch for example, is usually 6 oz chicken breast on two slices of whole grain bread, and a cup of veggies. I don't think theres a lot of calories in that, let's say 200 from the bread, 100 from veggies, and 200 from the chicken...that's about 500 calories.

Registered User superheronumba1's Avatar
    superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    Like chazzy said, eat more.

If your numbers aren't progressing, then you might also think about deloading for a week and then changing up whatever programme you're on. I'm not familiar with what you're doing but changing the programme every week (unless it's minor changes) isn't really a great idea; how can you track progress? Not telling you what to do, of course; just suggesting that sticking to a basic programme AND eating more might net you more gains.
    Jason C. Powell changes his routine frequently. Different things work for different people.

P.S. Not saying you're wrong; just suggesting that the OP keeps an open mind.
    "I am the Rainmaker!! I will rain down upon you with the fury of a thousand suns!!! I will throw a grenade up your ass then pull out the pin with my teeth! If you feel sick or unwell i will beat the wellness into you!! OHH YEAHHH!!!" - The Rainmaker

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by superheronumba1 View Post
    Jason C. Powell changes his routine frequently. Different things work for different people.

Does he do a full overhaul, or switch out a few exercises, or switch up his rep ranges? (curious)
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

------------

Fair enough.

Hate to admit it, but I was unaware of who Jason Powell is. Googled his name and it seems he's a very good natural bodybuilder. Whatever; he's advanced--and that makes a lot of difference. If someone is advanced then they might benefit by switching things up every time out--when you have all the mass you need then focusing on this or that bodypart first may help more--but IMO if you're just starting out I think it best to keep everything basic and progressive whilst not changing all that much. "Change" for me means upping or lowering the reps slightly i.e. from 5-8 to 8-12 or changing the workout order i.e. benches, then inclines, then flyes to inclines, then benches, then flyes--that sort of thing.

Agreed with the "Keeping an open mind," part. Sometimes a little change is good; sometimes it's too much of a good thing.

JMO...
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Registered User superheronumba1's Avatar
    superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superheronumba1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    Does he do a full overhaul, or switch out a few exercises, or switch up his rep ranges? (curious)
    Honestly, I would love to show you where I found out about his workout program. Here is a link to a organization that he and his wife started. I can't remember where exactly I read about his workouts, but I do remember that he always switches the rep ranges. Monday it's 3-6, Wednesday 6-8, Friday 10-15 or something along those lines. He always mixes the order that he does this too. If I can find the page I was talking about earlier I will link it in here. Otherwise, feel free to sate yourself on his website. I signed up on there since I live in Sugar Land.

http://www.therealspot.org/group/fol...age=2#comments

I actually go to the same gym that his wife goes to, and I even saw him working out there once (I didn't know who they were at the time).

Really inspiring to see a natural bodybuilder that big. It doesn't hit you the same unless you see him in real life.
    Last edited by superheronumba1; 04-19-2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Oops, forgot the link haha.
    "I am the Rainmaker!! I will rain down upon you with the fury of a thousand suns!!! I will throw a grenade up your ass then pull out the pin with my teeth! If you feel sick or unwell i will beat the wellness into you!! OHH YEAHHH!!!" - The Rainmaker

Honestly, I would love to show you where I found out about his workout program. Here is a link to a organization that he and his wife started. I can't remember where exactly I read about his workouts, but I do remember that he always switches the rep ranges. Monday it's 3-6, Wednesday 6-8, Friday 10-15 or something along those lines. He always mixes the order that he does this too. If I can find the page I was talking about earlier I will link it in here. Otherwise, feel free to sate yourself on his website. I signed up on there since I live in Sugar Land.

http://www.therealspot.org/group/fol...age=2#comments

I actually go to the same gym that his wife goes to, and I even saw him working out there once (I didn't know who they were at the time).

Really inspiring to see a natural bodybuilder that big. It doesn't hit you the same unless you see him in real life.
    Bookmarked, I'll read it when I get a chance.

That kind of switching makes more sense. It isn't a full overhaul, which is generally what we are trying to get newbies to stray away from. They read about muscle confusion, and that you should change your routine often, etc etc. So they will do complete overhauls every 4 weeks.

In reality (IMO), you should stick to your same general workout, and adjust rep ranges, maybe switch out a couple exercises now and then, mix up your order, etc, and you will have all the "muscle confusion" you need.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

Sounds similar to what Eric Broser does--I think he posts here as "Sixth Sense." Power/Rep Range/Shock programme--he says it can be watered down a bit for those less advanced.

I'll have a look at what this guy is doing when time is free--sounds interesting.

Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jrahe42 View Post
    Aren't gaining weight
    yes...i arent gaining weight

Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
    yes...i arent gaining weight
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -