DegreeZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DegreeZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DegreeZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DegreeZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DegreeZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DegreeZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DegreeZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DegreeZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DegreeZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DegreeZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) DegreeZ is on a distinguished road. (+10)

2 Shoulder Presses in 1 Workout

Hey guys,

I typically see shoulder routines consisting of 2 shoulder press movements. For example, BB Military Press and DB Shoulder Press (along with isolation exercises, lateral/side raises, etc.)

Just wondering if 2 shoulder press movements in one workout is overkill?

Thanks,

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DegreeZ View Post
    Hey guys,

I typically see shoulder routines consisting of 2 shoulder press movements. For example, BB Military Press and DB Shoulder Press (along with isolation exercises, lateral/side raises, etc.)

Thanks,
    It can be depending on your volume, intensity and how hard your front delts get taxed during chest day. most people dont have near the trouble building front delts vs side and rear so it makes more sense to have 2 of them instead.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I only do one press on my shoulder days. Well one shoulder press. I also do bench

I have gone from pressing ~80# to about 130# over the last year with just one press... so I don't think more than one is necessary
    Intensity, Recovery, Nutrition, Sleep- the only things that matter.

davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys,

Thanks,
    You can do it. depending on the day i will either do 3 sets db presses, and 3 sets of either arnold presses, BB presses, or machine shoulder presses.

Or I will just go and hit 5 sets of DB presses, either way doesn't make too much difference.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Depends on your capacity for workload, your recovery ability as it relates to your overall routine, intensity used, and what you need as an individual for optimal growth.

Learn by doing.
    Who was this love of yours?

KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont think so.. I do a standard DB press when i start then after working medial delts switch it up to an Arnie press. Though keeping track of volume is important, and for me having at least a 3 day break between chest and shoulders is a must too (got a few lingering shoulder issues).