Mind/Body EVOLUTION onerippedmofo's Avatar
    onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How MUCH casein before bed?

Ok I have a weird question... since casein takes so long to digest (7 hours or so) does that mean that I should consume twice as much of it as I would with whey?

My thought is that if I was going to use weigh over the period of 7 hours I would take about 30 grams twice... so should I take 60 grams of casein before bed to cover the 'two' timeframes? Hope that makes sense!
    Last edited by onerippedmofo; 04-30-2006 at 02:45 AM.

onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onerippedmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol... anyone?

HellRaiser92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HellRaiser92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HellRaiser92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HellRaiser92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HellRaiser92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HellRaiser92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HellRaiser92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HellRaiser92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HellRaiser92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HellRaiser92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HellRaiser92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not sure if I understand the question but I think I know the answer..... Just take what the bottle suggests. One serving should last 7 hours. Hope this helps.

user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I understand your question, and no, you don't need to double the serving. Just take the reccomended 23-30 grams before bed and you'll be good all night.
    "Believe in yourself. Believe in your own potential for greatness. Believe that you can change the world. It is something that is within each of us."

- Evan Michael Tanner 1971-2008

user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user3657 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    u should be getting 1g protein for every lb you weigh. divide that into how many meals you eat a day, and thats how much protein you should get each meal.

what ever you give your body, its going to use. you cant double something and expect it to go in a little spot then come out when that "'two' timeframes" is up.

Originally Posted by user3657
    u should be getting 1g protein for every lb you weigh. divide that into how many meals you eat a day, and thats how much protein you should get each meal.

what ever you give your body, its going to use. you cant double something and expect it to go in a little spot then come out when that "'two' timeframes" is up.
    Well based on what I've read about casein, I'd have to disagree... I mean I realize that it doesn't go into a little 'hidey hole' until 3 hours later where it magically breaks out into your system... it just digests so slowly and evenly is why I asked the question about a possible 'double' serving.
    Last edited by onerippedmofo; 05-01-2006 at 02:45 AM.

bump

excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Take ap 15-30g casein and 10-20g whey before bedtime at a ratio of ap +/- 60%casein 40%whey (doses depend on total daily protein requirements)

Then you will have fast acting protein for the three first houers and the slower ones for the rest of the night...
    The best of both worlds...

Unlucky mee I dont tolerate casein so I use a mix consisting of:

whey protein
    whole egg
    and some soya (mostly fore its arginine content..)
    with fiber and some flax oil
    Last edited by excalibur; 05-07-2006 at 02:52 AM.

Originally Posted by excalibur
    Take ap 15-30g casein and 10-20g whey before bedtime at a ratio of ap +/- 60%casein 40%whey (doses depend on total daily protein requirements)

Then you will have fast acting protein for the three first houers and the slower ones for the rest of the night...
    The best of both worlds...

Unlucky mee I dont tolerate casein so I use a mix consisting of:

whey protein
    whole egg
    and some soya (mostly fore its arginine content..)
    with fiber and some flax oil
    don't tolerate it how?

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have noticed taking in 40-60 grams of casien to be a waste because most of it ends up in the toilet the next morning. Ideally I'll eat some eggs with milk while bulking but if I need a pre bed shake I'll go 50/50 mix of whey and casein. It seems to be effective.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i try to drink some whey as my last meal with some carbs about an hour before bed then i take 1.5 servings of ultra peptide with peanut butter (tastes like reese's pieces) right before bed (unless i pass out without taking it which pisses me off)

excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by onerippedmofo
    don't tolerate it how?
    I lack some of the enzymes that is required to break down casein, gluten and lactose

Originally Posted by excalibur
    I lack some of the enzymes that is required to break down casein, gluten and lactose
    ahh... I see - lame

matthewmmcc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matthewmmcc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matthewmmcc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matthewmmcc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
    hey man, do you get phlegmy after casein, milk, dairy ect?

bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Casein not needed, waste of money in my opinion (unless XF ). Take whey w/ some milk before bed. Done
    Controlled Labs White Flood / GlycerGrow pre-workout Cocktail review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143520763&p=855787103#post855787103

Change your life by watching these!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk56VxaeqEQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X38PCf7kao

Reppin back 100% | Message me if I owe you reps