drownindreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

when to take protein/how much

I have 3 heavy lifting days and 3 light days. On my heavy days, I drink 3 protein shakes. One in the morning, one after my workout, and one with dinner (24g protein each.) On my light days, I usually only have one shake around the afternoon. Although I know your muscle builds on resting days. Should I be drinking more protein on my light days? I should be getting 133g per day. (I have been informed that over doing protein will result in building fat, so on my light days, I take less because I don't work it off.) Also what other supplements would you guise recommend for muscle gain and such?

cheers

bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by drownindreams View Post
    I have 3 heavy lifting days and 3 light days. On my heavy days, I drink 3 protein shakes. One in the morning, one after my workout, and one with dinner (24g protein each.) On my light days, I usually only have one shake around the afternoon. Although I know your muscle builds on resting days. Should I be drinking more protein on my light days? I should be getting 133g per day. (I have been informed that over doing protein will result in building fat, so on my light days, I take less because I don't work it off.) Also what other supplements would you guise recommend for muscle gain and such?

cheers
    Doesn't matter when you take your protein shakes, take one after your workout if it will make you feel better. Also, it doesn't matter how many shakes you take a take, hit your macros (preferably with real food) and you'll be fine. Don't sweat the small stuff
    Controlled Labs White Flood / GlycerGrow pre-workout Cocktail review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143520763&p=855787103#post855787103

Change your life by watching these!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk56VxaeqEQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X38PCf7kao

Reppin back 100% | Message me if I owe you reps

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nutrition 101.. you need it.

bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bomfire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DASBUNKER View Post
    Nutrition 101.. you need it.
    lol agreed
    Controlled Labs White Flood / GlycerGrow pre-workout Cocktail review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143520763&p=855787103#post855787103

Change your life by watching these!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk56VxaeqEQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X38PCf7kao

Reppin back 100% | Message me if I owe you reps

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by drownindreams View Post

cheers
    If your lifting heavy you should double your scoops. Extra protein won't convert to fat. Also make sure to get proteing from real food too. You want a minimum of 1g per pound of body weight to maintain muscle. More if you want to build. I'd recommend fish oil and Glucosamine/msm in addition.