Thread: Pushups?

faqu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pushups?

Hey guys.
    a little somthing I have thought about today, about pushups.
    I'm going to the gym like 3 times a week, and you can see results.
    so today I thought about doing pushups every day home, maybe to gain a little more muscle.
    will this effect the results I'm getting at the gym?
    should I do as many sets as I can? or to limit it?

thanks.

Giant Hulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Giant Hulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Giant Hulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Giant Hulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Giant Hulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Giant Hulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Giant Hulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Giant Hulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Giant Hulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Giant Hulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Giant Hulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont think thats a good idea man,muscles need rest,
    try going 4 times a weak if thats possible for you if you want faster results

scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i would just do it at the end of your chest day, and just do several set to failure. you can also put a plate on your back for added resistance.
    You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont know about gaining muscle but me personelly I do it every single day ....push-ups + sit-ups + pull-ups = every day...
    George S. Patton
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

"שמע ישראל"
    the last words of a dying MAN

woah, 3 replies in couple of minutes!

thanks for the replies, how many sets do you think I should do? and how many times a set?

do you think it'll help to gain a little muscle, on top of going to the gym?

KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do 3 set's of 50-70% of my max..on chest day's I do 2 sets of 20-30 reps
    as a warm up for benching and such

but keep in mind that 20-30 reps is not that much for me personally my max is 113 so 20-30 is what... 20-35% of my max...what you do on your chest days you decide but every other day do it like I wrote above...
    George S. Patton

"שמע ישראל"

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If your goal is to gain muscle mass, stick with low-rep, high-weight exercises in the gym. Anything you do on off days will just hinder your gains.

If your goal is endurance, then pushups can be done every day, assuming you can do a relatively high number (30+), and not to failure.

Yeah, my goal is to gain mass, but I want to know if the pushups will help in a way...

Originally Posted by nutsy54
    If your goal is to gain muscle mass, stick with low-rep, high-weight exercises in the gym. Anything you do on off days will just hinder your gains.

If your goal is endurance, then pushups can be done every day, assuming you can do a relatively high number (30+), and not to failure.

he's probably right....I do it in my method in order to get better in push ups and such...for gaining mass I'm not sure that it will be effective...
    George S. Patton

"שמע ישראל"

seala8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    pushups defienlty increased my bench. i do between 50-60 a night. i do 2 sets of 25-30. so do as many as u can do at one time for a few sets every night.