Thread: Lats

muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Lats

i cannot seem to get them to grow, can anyone give me some help? i usually just do seated cable rows, every other week maybe some pullups, lat pulldown, and thats about it, i know i need to improve my back workout, i cannot get my lats to flare out, they are small compared to the rest of my body. so can anyone tell me a good way to get lats and a good back workout to use, thanks

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by muscleman12345
    i cannot seem to get them to grow, can anyone give me some help? i usually just do seated cable rows, every other week maybe some pullups, lat pulldown, and thats about it, i know i need to improve my back workout, i cannot get my lats to flare out, they are small compared to the rest of my body. so can anyone tell me a good way to get lats and a good back workout to use, thanks
    The pullups are what you need, and not just every other week---EVERY back workout. Start with that first on back workout days and also do some pulldowns later in the workout.

Cables rows are good for thickness, but are not the best primary exercise when going for lat width.
    Time To Re-Schedule

ironchest is just really nice. (+1000) ironchest is just really nice. (+1000) ironchest is just really nice. (+1000) ironchest is just really nice. (+1000) ironchest is just really nice. (+1000) ironchest is just really nice. (+1000) ironchest is just really nice. (+1000) ironchest is just really nice. (+1000) ironchest is just really nice. (+1000) ironchest is just really nice. (+1000) ironchest is just really nice. (+1000)

SImple:

A day on / day off split focusing on Pullups and BB rows, (90 degrees)

muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    ok so do like pullups - barbell rows and finish with lat pulldown also does it matter if i pull down to front or back, i feel it more in my back when i do front and more in lats when i do to back

buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    here is my back routine I have only been on it for a month and have noticed some growth.

Wide grip pull ups 3 X as many as i can do
    SLDL 3 X 8
    one arm rows 3 X 8
    pulldowns 3 X 8
    seated rows 3 X 8

EvilMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilMonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When you say pullups are those weighted or just bodyweight? If you can do 3x10 bodyweight trying strapping on a weightbelt and adding 10lbs. If you can do 3x10 with the extra 10lbs, add more...and so on.
    "I like weights. You know where you stand with them. Well, sometimes you're lying under them, trying not to let them crush you, but you see, you KNOW they'd crush you if they could. There's honesty." - T. Campbell

pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100)

Lats

make the man, dawg.

niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    weighted chin ups- use different grips- underhand narrow, overhand wide and hammer grip

BB rows

cable rows

T bar rows.
    http://www.myspace.com/nicholaseasey

f*ck you, carpal tunnel mightymouse37's Avatar
    mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool

Keep in mind, too, that genetics do play a factor here. I have a buddy whose arms and shoulders put me to shame, but his lats are tiny, despite the fact that he works em just as hard. He simply has a very narrow frame, which makes his back look unimpressive next to his gi-normous bi's/tri's/delts. He's always moaning about my nice v-taper, and I'm always whining about my tiny arms and his huge triceps. Just keep attacking those lats w/plenty of pull-ups (I was a gymnast in high school and I'm convinced that all those chins, pull-ups, pull-overs, etc, along with my naturally wide shoulders, are the reason my lats look so pretty today).
    You're = you are.
    Your = your.

I have no respect for those with no respect for logic.
    - Arnold, "Twins"

When life gives you a T-Rex, go Ninja-kick it in the head.
    - Rayne Summers

Evading Hi Speed Pursuit fast37's Avatar
    fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ok so do like pullups - barbell rows and finish with lat pulldown also does it matter if i pull down to front or back, i feel it more in my back when i do front and more in lats when i do to back
    That would be a decent workout. I like the pulldowns to the front but you have to figure out what works for you.
    Bruce Lee vs. the Entire Kiss Army vs. Ron Burgundy's News Team

f*ck you, carpal tunnel mightymouse37's Avatar
    mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000)
    also does it matter if i pull down to front or back, i feel it more in my back when i do front and more in lats when i do to back

Do em to the front. You can seriously screw up your rotator cuffs doing pull-ups/downs to the back. Try thinking of your arms as merely "hooks" that serve as nothing more than a way to connect the bar to your lats. It sounds weird, but if you think about it that way, it'll help to really put the feel of the exercise back into your lats. Just try to concentrate solely on your lats during the pull-ups/downs, and really go for the "squeeze" at the bottom. If you're feeling it in your biceps, you're doing it wrong. Also, if you have a training partner, have him/her lightly place their fingers on your lats during pull-downs to form that mind/muscle connection. It helps more than you might think.
    You're = you are.
    Your = your.

I have no respect for those with no respect for logic.
    - Arnold, "Twins"

When life gives you a T-Rex, go Ninja-kick it in the head.
    - Rayne Summers

b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been doing weighted pullups 3 days a week along with 1 type of row and my back has grown substantially since.
    SMASH IT UP!
    LONG LIVE JOEY RAMONE.

prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

!!

yes dude, you definitely haven't been hitting lats enough. the lats are my favorite part to train which is probably why it's my best part. this works for me--warmup set of lat pulldowns to the front, 4 work sets of bent over barbell rows(12, 12, 10, 8), pull ups (depending on your bodyweight, just go until you can't get anymore reps. add a weight belt if you are light.) i like to stick with the wide grip version even though i change it up from time to time. then, one arm dumbbell rows for 10, 10, 8, 8. finally, 4 sets of deadlifts. my back is accustomed to another exercise but yours isn't so don't go too crazy on back day. this is just an example workout that i use sometimes. try it and your back will be sore as hell the next day.
    supplements- whey protein, special two vitamin, amino fuel, NO Xplode, Tren Xtreme, Mass Xtreme, liver detoxifier and support, p5p, Reversitol, Met-RX Big 100 meal replacement bars, and lots of calories!