MJ1256 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need Help deciding on Nutrition Plan (Skinny fat - slight caloric deficit or surplus)

Some background information on me: I’m 6’0” 175lbs going into my senior year of high school. I play baseball pretty competively and for the past three years I’ve been very inconsistent in going to the gym. I decided that any of the colleges I could potentially play ball at aren’t up to my level academically and I’d rather go to a bigger school anyways. Now that I have nothing to do this summer, I really want to start transforming my body and get actual gains. I know that its a constant process that is built on trial and error but I like to do things efficiently and that brings me to my biggest question. If I’m at a bodyfat range of 16-18% (ill post pictures later), Do i go on a clean bulk, cut, recomp? There are so many options and I don’t know what to do first. My goal is to look shredded and ultimately look not only ripped (six pack) but also really strong. If I go on a clean bulk I worry that I might look bigger but I’ll still have a bit of belly fat and My muscles won’t pop or be noticeable. If i go on slight caloric deficit im scared ill lose the fat but also not gain any muscle. My gut is telling me that if I eat really clean calories then i’ll naturally gain muscle and lose body fat due to cutting out all the **** that I eat on a daily basis (chips, fast food, soda) but I’m looking for advice from experienced bodybuilders that have dealt with this dilemma. Thanks.

My post count isnt high enough to post images yet yikes ill try to later

formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MJ1256 View Post
    My post count isnt high enough to post images yet yikes ill try to later
    Can post them on your profile

Thanks ill do that now

Posted pictures in my gallery and as my profile picture. The camera makes my stomach look skinnier i feel like.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    uh... if you actually think you're skinny fat, you have some serious body image issues...

You look like you're at a very healthy bodyfat/build. You're not like stage-ready fitness lean, but you look like you're fit and active... where the heck did you get 'skinny-FAT' from??
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Maybe I was a little too harsh on myself, but basically i want to really gain more muscle mass but I also want to lose the belly fat needed to reveal a six pack. So I don’t know if I should first focus on losig the belly fat or just only focus on going on a lean bulk and hoping my body takes in the clean calories and the new pounds of muscle i put on lowers my body fat ratio.