Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    luvbuilding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile hello

if u are trying to bulk up then junk food will be ok for you but if u in a cutting phase then u really need to eat healthy. the reason why junk food is bad for u its because junk food hardly contains protein and its packed wid fats and sugars which are bad for your muscles to recover... eat whatever the **** u wanna eat buddy but just make sure u have enough protein(bulking phase)....
    u really have no ****in choice then to eat healthy(cutting phase)... for every pound 1 gram of protein.

MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Someone clear this up for me, will these scenarios have the same progress?

Scenario 1

-I bulk at 3000 calories and all over them calories come from Pizza, Mcdonalds and KFC. Every day I hit exactly 3000 calories, and my fats and protein and lift regularly.

Scenario 2

-Bulk at 3000 calories, all of the calories come from fresh unprocessed foods. Every day using these foods I get exactly 3000 calories, all of my fats and protein and lift the same as above.

Will my body look any different? I know there are other factors like salt content etc in the fast food which can temporarily alter your body aesthetically.

Also just for the record, going to somewhere like Mcdonalds doesn't HAVE to be 'unhealthy', for example I went a couple of days ago and got this chili chicken wrap, there were veggies inside, two chicken breast (no breadcrumbs), a bit of chili sauce and the actual tortilla wrap. I see NOTHING wrong with that.
    “So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself: who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

*WetBreast is gonna make it crew*
    ♚ Mediterranean Crew ♛
    ***Arsenal crew***

*Banned for saying dat dere*

weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) weknow24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ITT: OP and majority of posters = trolls

libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by nopistons93 View Post
    Maybe if you wanna look like a cave man, but this is a bodybuilding forum not a "i can push big heavy things around and look like a fat slob" forum.
    Search joseph rakvich in the search bar, he follows iifym and looks great.

So long as you meet your macro requirements for the day within your calorific limits what you eat to get there has no effect on your body composition. Obviously eating all your daily calories or macros in mcdonalds probably isn't viable but you can easily include some daily and still meet your goals.

If you think otherwise you know absolutely nothing about the science behind nutrition.
    ** Forever Cutting Crew**

Squat: 375lbs
    Bench: 253lbs
    Deads: 485lbs

libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MazzaG View Post

Scenario 1

-I bulk at 3000 calories and all over them calories come from Pizza, Mcdonalds and KFC. Every day I hit exactly 3000 calories, and my fats and protein and lift regularly.

Scenario 2

-Bulk at 3000 calories, all of the calories come from fresh unprocessed foods. Every day using these foods I get exactly 3000 calories, all of my fats and protein and lift the same as above.

Will my body look any different? I know there are other factors like salt content etc in the fast food which can temporarily alter your body aesthetically.

Also just for the record, going to somewhere like Mcdonalds doesn't HAVE to be 'unhealthy', for example I went a couple of days ago and got this chili chicken wrap, there were veggies inside, two chicken breast (no breadcrumbs), a bit of chili sauce and the actual tortilla wrap. I see NOTHING wrong with that.
    Providing you're getting adequate micronutrients from a multi and maybe fish oil. Then no body comp wont be effected, obviously other things like blood lipids and cholesterol may be affected but that's far beyond my knowledge. But body comp should be the same
    ** Forever Cutting Crew**

Squat: 375lbs
    Bench: 253lbs
    Deads: 485lbs

Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MazzaG View Post

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

In the long term, if you hit your macro goals consistently, no. Micro goals for long term health and wellness.

Besides, it's really quite hard to hit your macros if you eat lots of so called "junk" foods which aren't very macro friendly --- Most people who hit their macro goals also hit their micro goals since they need to eat their fair share of "healthy" foods to get sufficient macros in.

ARD87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARD87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARD87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARD87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARD87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARD87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARD87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARD87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARD87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARD87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARD87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    body comp will be the same, you might feel crappier on the all MCds and KFC diet. Also if you went all junk you would want to invest in a multi. Best suggestion apply the 80/20 rule (at least). So at least 80% comes from "healthy" food.

Also strong bump for 2006 thread

Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Chuck2600 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gymjunkee01 View Post
    "What many fail to realize is that processed foods hinder fat loss. They contain absolutely zero nutrients and they literally strip the body of them. Nutrients are what allow you to lose fat and build muscle. Man-made food items, such as frozen meals, prepackaged mashed potatoes, deli meats, etc. contain fillers, sodium, additives, artificial flavorings, preservatives, coloring agents, emulsifiers, sweeteners, stabilizers, nitrites, etc. Your body cannot process or digest these foreign elements.
    Most of the processed foods you eat stay in the stomach, as the body is not able to produce enough Hydrochloric Acid (HCI) to breakdown and remove it. It simply just sits in the stomach and builds up toxins. An easy way to look at it is like this… If you put water in your car's gas tank it will destroy the working mechanisms. That's exactly what processed food does to your body in the long run. While you may not notice its devastating effects now, next week, or even next year, I can assure you that you will feels it's effects ten years down the road. "

This is from an article on MsFit's site.
    I always facepalm at people that say certain foods contain no nutrients... FOOD IS NUTRIENTS FFS!

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by luvbuilding View Post
    . . . blah blah blah . . .
    We're lucky you were here to bring this back to the top 6 1/2 years later, because no one brings this up 5 times a week anymore.

r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I didn't realize how bad I was eating until I started tracking calories. Even some of the "healthier" options at restaurants are hard to fit in sometimes. Much better option on a cut to just eat at home as often as possible.

KingJames2012 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingJames2012 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingJames2012 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingJames2012 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingJames2012 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingJames2012 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingJames2012 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingJames2012 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingJames2012 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingJames2012 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingJames2012 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Please look at thread dates before posting....

Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Really good thread here because I think this affects a lot of people "myslef included" there are times when it's just eaiser and even tastier to grab a Cheeseburger or some Fried Chicken after a long hard day of work. Also eating this way is sort of a lifestyle for alot of people. I know when I was a kid my parents were always working sometimes 2 jobs or more; we always ate fast food and I think when you start that young it really becomes part of your lifestyle and it is very difficult to break but it's not impossible. I know for me I work at McDonalds which IMO is Diet Kryptonite and it really does get to you. I work in the grill and I can go into work not hungry at all not even thinking about food than 15 minutes later after working around it and smelling it I'm starving. That is when it comes down to will-power and discipline. Which it's not always easy when you can get a free meal every time you work. For example if I'm trying to reach my protein goal for the day I will get just a regular Grilled Chicken patty as well as an Angus Beef patty and I just try to get as much grease off if them as I can, or like today after work I brought home a salad with Grilled Chicken and a fruit and walnut salad. It's about keeping your eyes on what your goal is. I know for me it's not body building however it is gaining a little muscle and even though I'm at where I want to be I do have trouble staying there and staying on track. I usually do have a burger a week which seems to be ok for me as I haven't seemed to gain any or much fat and have still been able to keep my body strong and keep what muscle I do have. I totally get what you're all saying and that it can be very hard to not only eat right but get your daily amount of macros every single day. When you're at a place like that for 40 hours a week it's hard to eat every two hours and it's hard to make sure they are good healty foods as well.

will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500) will30 is not very helpful. (-500)
    For some of us, eating out is not a choice. I would love to eat homecooked meals, but I can't cook whenever I want.

Zaxby's grilled chicken breast, Wendy's potatos and chilli are my go-to fast foods if I want to eat as less dirty as possible. However, there are times when I have to eat Taco Bell especially on back to back days.

formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by will30 View Post
    For some of us, eating out is not a choice. I would love to eat homecooked meals, but I can't cook whenever I want.

Zaxby's grilled chicken breast, Wendy's potatos and chilli are my go-to fast foods if I want to eat as less dirty as possible. However, there are times when I have to eat Taco Bell especially on back to back days.