rstar32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rstar32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rstar32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rstar32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm thinking about trying something different.

I'm 6'1 186 pounds and have been bulking for 3 months and have gained 11 pounds. I've been taking in about 4000 cals/day on this bulk and am thinking about trying to cut some fat while continuing to keep strenght and maybe even keep adding muscle. I'm going to be taking in about 3500 cals/day on my 3 lifting days a week and around 2700 on non-lifting days. I will also be doing some form of cardio 4-5 days a week. My main goal is to cut some fat and keep ALL of my muscle because I realize that adding muscle in this fashion isn't all that likely. BTW, I'm in week 4 of the linear 5X5 program and really hope that I can progress on my lifts as the program is designed during this time. Is this an ok plan?

rstar32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rstar32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rstar32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rstar32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    shameless bump

( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50) ( S I C ) will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If it were me, I would leave your cals the same and just add more cardio. Do that for a few weeks, then evaluate. Then, I'd go to 3750 on weight days/cardio days and 3500 on off days to START. Do that for a few weeks and see where you stand and assess from there.

Biggest mistake ppl make is cutting cals too fast or adding too much cardio and overtraining/not getting enough proper nutrition to repair.

Originally Posted by ( S I C )
    If it were me, I would leave your cals the same and just add more cardio. Do that for a few weeks, then evaluate. Then, I'd go to 3750 on weight days/cardio days and 3500 on off days to START. Do that for a few weeks and see where you stand and assess from there.

Biggest mistake ppl make is cutting cals too fast or adding too much cardio and overtraining/not getting enough proper nutrition to repair.
    Not a bad idea I suppose. I'm already doing cardio 3 or 4 times a week and lifting 3 during this bulk, so should I do cardio 6 times a week and leave the cals the same?

Anyone else care to comment?