keightes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keightes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keightes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

increasing the peak of the bicep

ive done some searching on the forum about this but ppl are contradicting each other so i have no conclusive answers. My biceps workout incorporates a variety of exercises that target different parts of the bicep yet i feel my biceps are too "elongated". Can i increase the peak of my biceps with any exercises or is it genetics as some people say?

newbiebuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbiebuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Im wanting to know the same thing because mine are wide and dont have a good peak

matthylland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matthylland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matthylland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matthylland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matthylland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matthylland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matthylland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matthylland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matthylland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matthylland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matthylland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    low rep high weight will build mass.
    but iwould say hammer curls, preacher curls are probably your best bet.

F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sorry dude but bicep peak is almost completely geneitc.

Darkstar752 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Darkstar752 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Darkstar752 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Darkstar752 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Darkstar752 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Darkstar752 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Darkstar752 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Darkstar752 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Darkstar752 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Darkstar752 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Darkstar752 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by matthylland
    low rep high weight will build mass.
    but iwould say hammer curls, preacher curls are probably your best bet.

Low rep high weight does NOT build mass. That is for strength.

You can improve your peak by doing concentration curls, and when doing anything for your bicep, flex when you get to the top of the curl.
    Last edited by Darkstar752; 04-24-2006 at 03:14 PM.

flexstyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexstyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexstyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexstyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexstyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexstyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexstyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexstyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexstyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexstyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexstyle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Darkstar752
    Low rep high weight does NOT build mass. That is for strength.

Hammer and preacher curls LENGTHEN the bicep, which takes away from the peak
    Don't put false info on the internet.

You can improve your peak by doing concentration curls.
    LOL, what a freaking idiot you are.

EthanDM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanDM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanDM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanDM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Darkstar752, what are you thinking? Hammer curls and preacher curls increase the peak of the bicep, as curls would lengthen the bicep.

Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by keightes
    ive done some searching on the forum about this but ppl are contradicting each other so i have no conclusive answers. My biceps workout incorporates a variety of exercises that target different parts of the bicep yet i feel my biceps are too "elongated". Can i increase the peak of my biceps with any exercises or is it genetics as some people say?
    use standing cable curls for bicep peaks.

EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by keightes
    are you this meticulous about legs and lowerback i hope?

user437490845hjgf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user437490845hjgf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user437490845hjgf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user437490845hjgf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user437490845hjgf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user437490845hjgf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user437490845hjgf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user437490845hjgf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user437490845hjgf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user437490845hjgf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user437490845hjgf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dumbell curls have always worked well for me (non alternating). Squeeze and put every ounce of intensity you have into it. Never cheat on a single rep, thats what has helped me get some peak.

Walker_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    CONCENTRATION CURLS! CONCENTRATION CURLS! CONCENTRATION CURLS!

THEY ARE THE BEST PEAK BUILDER ACCORDING TO ARNOLD, NASSER EL SONBATY, SHAWN RAY AND OTHERS, preacher curls and hammer curls are for the lower end of the bicep used to fill the area in between the bicep and the opposite side of the elbow with muscle (lengthing or whatever you want to call it)

so you can take pros advice or people from on here, if you don't beleive me check Arnolds encyclopeida of modern bodybuilding or any shawn/ nasser video

EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatProtein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Walker_D
    CONCENTRATION CURLS! CONCENTRATION CURLS! CONCENTRATION CURLS!

THEY ARE THE BEST PEAK BUILDER ACCORDING TO ARNOLD, NASSER EL SONBATY, SHAWN RAY AND OTHERS, preacher curls and hammer curls are for the lower end of the bicep used to fill the area in between the bicep and the opposite side of the elbow with muscle (lengthing or whatever you want to call it)

so you can take pros advice or people from on here, if you don't beleive me check Arnolds encyclopeida of modern bodybuilding or any shawn/ nasser video
    arnold, Nasser, and shawn all had GENETICS so good that you dont want advice from these guys. why? Because anything they do works. These guys never had to go get help and ask questions. They probably dont know what works for john doe

A bicep peak is GENETIC. compare a kevin levrone or yates double bi pic to an arnold one and you will see a different shape. What they did is take what they have and made is as large as humanly possible. The shape cannot be changed. Why do you think a 6 time Mr olympia didnt have peaks???? What makes you think that CONENTRATION CURLS CONCENTRATION CURLS AND CONCENTRATION CURLS are going to make a gentically flat tissue transform into one that is peaked?

If yates and levrone cant "peak" their biceps with any choice drug at their disposal, what in ball**** makes you think concentration curls can peak a nomal persons biceps. and what makes you think culs are the number one stimulation of arm growth. over core lifts
    Last edited by EatProtein; 04-24-2006 at 03:42 PM.

Walker_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i never said genetics dont have to do with 99% of any bodybuilding exercise, i also never said that curls are better than squats, DL's and presses, i am i big beleiver that compound exercies (especially for ectos) are by far the best mass gainer, however i had peak problems and believe me my genetics are not amazing and after doing MUCH research and talking to many people that i think are more informed than 2/3rds of the people on this forum- friends in 3rd year of exercise physiology and personal trainers nothing can peak a bicep (exercise wise) like concentration curls, im not saying they are some maricle peak builder but there are exercises (different kinds of curls) that are directed at different parts of the bicep. BI meaing 2 means that there are 2 parts outer and inner, so yes you can get a better peak by adding concentration curls at the end up your biceps workout, its worked for me and my friends so i thought i would add my two cents into this forum, seeing as how it is a topic i have PERSONAL TRAINING EXPEICEN IN.

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bicep peak is genetic. End of story.
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

dmoore13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmoore13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmoore13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmoore13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmoore13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmoore13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmoore13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmoore13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmoore13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmoore13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmoore13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    definately precher curls and some drag curls to separate the tricep and bicep

GENETICS PLAYS A HUGE ROLL i agree but if you just did flat bench all the time the you wouldnt have much of an upp chest would you, yes some people can do flat bench and get a great chest, but most of us have to through in incline presses and flys to get that full chest look, and declines as well as cable crossovers and dips for the lower end. saying that you cannot increase the peak of your bicep trhough certain exercises is bs. you can increase any aspect of any muscle with proper training, diet and hard work.

Mike T. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike T. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike T. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike T. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike T. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah its been said, and sorry but its completely Genetics....

MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the length and peak are both genetic. Just get your bicep bigger. You cant really "train" for peak or length. Just put size on and itll look bigger.
    YOU > Bladen

3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    genetics determine how long, but you can make it peak higher, to a point. preacher curls do this the most because they work the head of the bicep (whatever it's called)

Originally Posted by Walker_D
    i never said genetics dont have to do with 99% of any bodybuilding exercise, i also never said that curls are better than squats, DL's and presses, i am i big beleiver that compound exercies (especially for ectos) are by far the best mass gainer, however i had peak problems and believe me my genetics are not amazing and after doing MUCH research and talking to many people that i think are more informed than 2/3rds of the people on this forum- friends in 3rd year of exercise physiology and personal trainers nothing can peak a bicep (exercise wise) like concentration curls, im not saying they are some maricle peak builder but there are exercises (different kinds of curls) that are directed at different parts of the bicep. BI meaing 2 means that there are 2 parts outer and inner, so yes you can get a better peak by adding concentration curls at the end up your biceps workout, its worked for me and my friends so i thought i would add my two cents into this forum, seeing as how it is a topic i have PERSONAL TRAINING EXPEICEN IN.
    look at the elite pro bodybuilders like dorian yates or kevin levrone. They have any drug at their disoposal. peeks none. why, because their shape. Dorain yates ok, dorian ****ing yates, Probably one of the most if not theee most educated and knowledgible pro out there and meticulous, and he had no peak. da ya really think he didnt try conventration curls??>??????? what about kevin levrone, a little bit more open to more exercdises and sets, no conc curls, no peaks. and he is better than all those other guys like arny, etc.