outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

lock your knees when you squat?

quick question, are you supposed to lock your knees when you sqat A2G? if not, should I go as low as i can without locking my knees? maybe i shouldn't even squat A2G? my knees feel sore, and If i squat right now with no weight, i can feel soreness in my knees.... i've been going A2G and last time i didn't, i was able to squat heavier but I felt like i was cheating..

thanks for any advice

prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prickleferret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

!!

no no no. do not lock out your legs. the second you lockout, all the stress is off the muscle and on the knee joint. i have seen guys hyperextend their knees badly by locking out their legs on leg presses and squats. stop just short of lockout. this goes with any exercise.

llueve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llueve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llueve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) llueve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can someone explain what is meant by locking out? I was under the impression that locking out during a squat is something that would occur at the top of a squat when you are standing erect. Eliminating any bend in your knees at this point would be the definition of locking out, wouldn't it? I'm just a bit confused because the original post makes it sound like locking out would be something that might occur at the bottom of a squat. Thanks.

Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by llueve
    Can someone explain what is meant by locking out? I was under the impression that locking out during a squat is something that would occur at the top of a squat when you are standing erect. Eliminating any bend in your knees at this point would be the definition of locking out, wouldn't it? I'm just a bit confused because the original post makes it sound like locking out would be something that might occur at the bottom of a squat. Thanks.
    You're correct. The original poster must be talking about something else.

bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by outofshape111
    quick question, are you supposed to lock your knees when you sqat A2G? if not, should I go as low as i can without locking my knees? maybe i shouldn't even squat A2G? my knees feel sore, and If i squat right now with no weight, i can feel soreness in my knees.... i've been going A2G and last time i didn't, i was able to squat heavier but I felt like i was cheating..

thanks for any advice
    I think your refferring to taking the tension off of the muscle and placing on the joint at the bottom of the A2G squat. If this is the case DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!! Go low as you can without taking the tension off.

outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) outofshape111 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yes, that was what i was talking about... thanks a lot for the advice.... also should i go as far as i can w/o locking out (e.g. A2G)? or should i go only up to parralel, or what? what is good for a newbie?