Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000)

i messed up badly please help

right i need help i cut my bf down to 1% thats checked twice cos theyt hought i broke the machine! and now my cortisol is way too high test very low tsh wacked pancreas fu**ed. I need advice on the best bulking ratio to get me back on for cardio sports (cycling) I have had 2 weeks on 3000 kcal and rest now i am starting to ride again with 1 hr light tomorrow. any advice/tips/meals would be aprreciatedtoday i had
    50g oats 100g milk pear and apple 20g bread
    1 slice ultra lean bacon 40g bulgur
    soy crisps pear
    brown rice 80g pilcahrds 130g yellow bell pepper 1/3 tim toms onion 1 egg
    still got dinner and i am 1400 kcals to go oh and i had 1/2 a mango too

deaths_ally will become famous soon enough. (+50) deaths_ally will become famous soon enough. (+50) deaths_ally will become famous soon enough. (+50) deaths_ally will become famous soon enough. (+50) deaths_ally will become famous soon enough. (+50) deaths_ally will become famous soon enough. (+50) deaths_ally will become famous soon enough. (+50) deaths_ally will become famous soon enough. (+50) deaths_ally will become famous soon enough. (+50) deaths_ally will become famous soon enough. (+50) deaths_ally will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    u have 1% bf?

Lift Like A Monster!!! Captainhowie175's Avatar
    Captainhowie175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Captainhowie175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    dude, just eat, your body dosent want to be at 1% thats why you cortisol is so high, body wants to store fat, so let it. 1% is really dangerous i got down to 4.7% and I was starting to get sick, and after meals I would start shivering. you know what makes you gain weight, do a couple weeks of some dirtier cals if you have a hard time eating more than you do now, or if not, just eat more.
    http://www.myspace.com/mikekoch1

Stats:
    A/S/L: 26, Male, Chicago
    Bulking
    11% BF
    245LBS
    Arms:19.7 in
    Bench:340
    Height: 73in
    Supplements:Multi-amino complex, Multi-Vit, TRAC, L-Glutamine, No-Explode, Cytogainer, Multi-Digestive Enzyme.

whatdoumean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatdoumean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatdoumean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatdoumean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whatdoumean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by deaths_ally
    u have 1% bf?
    yeah dude u have 1% bf?????
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder...but nobody wanna lift no HEAVY ASS WEIGHT" - Ronnie Coleman.

the_Fornicator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Was your goal to get to 1% bodyfat? You're crazy if that's what you intended to do

gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Post a picture of yourself. I gotta see this.

Fat is necessary for health. Some vitamins are fat-soluble, like vitamin A, and if you don't have fat, you won't store them.
    Never waste an egg yolk

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the morning." -Homer Simpson

"Here's my theory: The better someone's genetics are, the more of a dumb**** he is." -Alan Aragon

Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1% BF is impossible. You'd be dead long before then.

Registered User blood vs. water's Avatar
    blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Alex88
    1% BF is impossible. You'd be dead long before then.
    yeah, i always thought you need atleast 3% to still be alive lol

Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by blood vs. water
    yeah, i always thought you need atleast 3% to still be alive lol

Considering that the average human brain is 3 lb, it's only possible if he a) has a pea-sized brain and zero visceral fat around his organs or b) he weighs over 400 lbs and has 360 lbs of lean mass (1% BF).

He needs to learn how to use calipers and understand that they usually give +/- 3 - 4% depending on the person taking the measurement.

batista_029 is on a distinguished road. (+10) batista_029 is on a distinguished road. (+10) batista_029 is on a distinguished road. (+10) batista_029 is on a distinguished road. (+10) batista_029 is on a distinguished road. (+10) batista_029 is on a distinguished road. (+10) batista_029 is on a distinguished road. (+10) batista_029 is on a distinguished road. (+10) batista_029 is on a distinguished road. (+10) batista_029 is on a distinguished road. (+10) batista_029 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jamesstout
    right i need help i cut my bf down to 1% thats checked twice cos theyt hought i broke the machine! and now my cortisol is way too high test very low tsh wacked pancreas fu**ed. I need advice on the best bulking ratio to get me back on for cardio sports (cycling) I have had 2 weeks on 3000 kcal and rest now i am starting to ride again with 1 hr light tomorrow. any advice/tips/meals would be aprreciatedtoday i had
    50g oats 100g milk pear and apple 20g bread
    1 slice ultra lean bacon 40g bulgur
    soy crisps pear
    brown rice 80g pilcahrds 130g yellow bell pepper 1/3 tim toms onion 1 egg
    still got dinner and i am 1400 kcals to go oh and i had 1/2 a mango too
    1% bodyfat..... bull**** bro. You would be dead at that level. You need to double and triplecheck whatever you are using too measure

Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000)
    dude that is what the hospital said it was the case that my skin had so little fat it cracked i turned yellow (due to low tsh) i was very cold, think three duvets and a 'leccy blanket i passed out on "fat burning" cycle rides when glyco stores were depleted. ANy tips for making the gains dont want to damage my bod and there is a hist of cholesterol in my family i am currently on 70 carbs 20 protein and 10 fats by % as my bod doesnt digest saturated fats too well

MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Alex88
    Considering that the average human brain is 3 lb, it's only possible if he a) has a pea-sized brain and zero visceral fat around his organs or b) he weighs over 400 lbs and has 360 lbs of lean mass (1% BF).
    Your 400 lbs man would have to have 396lbs lean mass
    Supplement free,
    healthy eater.

Originally Posted by MCconditioner
    Your 400 lbs man would have to have 396lbs lean mass
    Yeah, that's what I meant. 3 hours of sleep last night, can't even do basic arithmetic anymore :/

gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dude that is what the hospital said it was the case that my skin had so little fat it cracked i turned yellow (due to low tsh) i was very cold, think three duvets and a 'leccy blanket i passed out on "fat burning" cycle rides when glyco stores were depleted. ANy tips for making the gains dont want to damage my bod and there is a hist of cholesterol in my family i am currently on 70 carbs 20 protein and 10 fats by % as my bod doesnt digest saturated fats too well
    Quit doing cardio for a while.
    Never waste an egg yolk

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the morning." -Homer Simpson

"Here's my theory: The better someone's genetics are, the more of a dumb**** he is." -Alan Aragon

If that were the case the hospital wouldn't have let you go home. You'd be on an IV drip in intensive care right now.

Stop doing cardio. Stop eating completely "clean". Ultra-lean bacon, tons of fruit? Use full fatted meat and dried fruit instead. Better yet, go to an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet.

punkman2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

for starters, who told you to do the riding on an empty stomach (also know as sober rides)? What period were you in with your training, body weight, body fat? Also, how many time per/wk were you doing the sober rides? Also, what do you race (category/discipline)?

Take it from a fellow cyclist who's been in your shoes.......it's gonna be a long hard road. Lucky for me I didn't hit 1% however, I bottomed out at 2.7% body fat; but it took months to regain fitness and a healthy cyclist body fat. My cortisol and test levels were also very bad(my team doctor actually made fun of my test levels)

You need to STOP riding now! Since you're worse than I was, I can say without a doubt your season is over so just don't think about it. Just take a month or two and just re-feed your body. Like "Allex88" said, don't worry about buying low fat stuff any more. Here are some meal ideas that helped me:

breakfast: eggs, ham, whole grain toast, oatmeal, granola cereals, 2% milk, yogurt, fruit
    lunch: whole grain pasta/rice, couscous, steak/lean cut meats, veggies,
    diner: along the same line as luch but switch up your meal choices
    snacks: pastry from bakery, fruit, meal replacement(weight gainer), or when all else fails eat whatever looks good.

These are just some meal ideas. Also, if you're not taking a multi-vitamin you need to do so. Also, I would change your diet to 60% carbs, 20% pro, 20% fat. For further help I suggest you buy Food for Fitness by: Chris Charmichael.

Best of luck.

that was based on the general adice about not eating withn 2hrs at leastd of rides to prevent rebound hypos. I was getting these symptoms on long winter base rides but they got worse as i transferred to adding power and my early races were omk then i got really bad ended up getting dropped just out of the neutral zone, going back to my car and virtually crying. Prob is as i said abovew i cant eat sugary stuff due to the cortisol messing my pancreas. I do love bread tho. I find milk and rice mix is good. i have a pda to monitor my diet but some say this encourages obsession therefore is bad. May by that book lowest weight 62.3 kilos 190cm tall. racing in the uk 1st year senior racing vs tony gibb (olympian)!

mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, you were one skinny dude. 1% is WAY unhealthy. You saif you can't eat sugary stuff but can you eat food that has a low-GI such has grains (cereals, bread, oats) ? That would be a good start. Otherwise, the good fats could be your friend : peanut butter or adding olive oil here and there could easily add many calories.

can eat lower gi carbs and comlex carbs okn its wierd cos im ok with white bread even

any tips on nutrient timing and on how long to leave fasted before a ride then? i dont want to be vomming food up halfway up a hill. Did my first doctor approved ride today 1 hr high cadence low effort felt great to be on the bike.

Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Congratulations!! This whole damn thread is bullsh-t!

RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you cant survive on 1%

Inuendo? In HER end Oh! PickItUp's Avatar
    PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000)

That is why he had to go to the doctor.

Originally Posted by RugbyStar12
    you cant survive on 1%
    He is having problems right now...so yes, you cannot survive properly at 1%.

exactly and ok maybe my bf is like 1.5 or 2 or something but thats not the point plus i dont think its very helpful to me to have people questioning my low bfp cos your just laying downa challenge when what i need to do is get out of the lower the better mentality. As illustrated by blackout you cant survive at 1%!

Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    any tips on nutrient timing and on how long to leave fasted before a ride then? i dont want to be vomming food up halfway up a hill. Did my first doctor approved ride today 1 hr high cadence low effort felt great to be on the bike.
    Get an IV that feeds you 24/7 :-P

its called a mother.... or the girls who i live with at university!

punkman2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As a rule of thumb....eat a solid meal 2-3hrs prior to your ride. You need to find food that works with your body since everyone is different; just make sure you go easy on fats pre-ride due to them slowing down digestion. During your rides over 2hrs you should be eating about 60gr carbs/hr (either in liquid form or solid food). After your ride you can have you post ride meal/ recovery drink (no more than 150gr carbs/hr for next 3-4hrs). After those 3-4hrs are over back off on high GI carbs, instead eat whole grains, slow digesting protein and veggies. Like I suggested before look for the book by Chris Charmichael that talks all about food for cyclists(very informative).

What type of doc. did you see that allowed you to go out and ride already? If it's just a family physician, I'd say don't listen to him and see a specialist that works with athletes. If you really are as bad as you were saying, you should definitely take a few solid weeks OFF the bike. But......if you choose not to listen to me, then please atleast stay below 120bpm while you ride and no more than 1hr! Trust me dude I know what I'm talking about as I've been racing for 7yrs and 3 of those yrs were category 1/elite both in the USA and europe with the national team.

again, best of luck with your recovery.

brendanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendanm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    that post made no sense to me, the majority of people on the forum speak english.

Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10) Max Omega is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by brendanm
    that post made no sense to me, the majority of people on the forum speak english.
    LOL

thanks punkman i have just come back from an extended complete layoff when they didnt know what was wrong but they decided to give me a layoff anyway so i am quite rested. the doc is a professor of endochrinology who rides herself.

i was thinking i have my porridge at around 8.30 (50g aots, water and today 50g plantain + 1 apple)
    prob need to eat again at around 10

ride at 12.30

back at 1.30 to a cinnamon and raisin bagel? maybe i need some protein in here bot too much iguess carbs are more vital for a cyclist right?

around 230 i was thinking luch 180g brown rice cooked 1 chicken breast tomato rattatouie and plantain chips maybe some yoghurt if i can take it in!

later mid afternoon snack- i have brown basmati rice wholewheat pitta oats tuna bulgur, cereal milk, sandwidches and pasta avaliable here

then dinner in hall so salad fruit and pork i think today

then a pre-bed snack maybe cottage cheese and pineapple mmm

prob should get a healthy fat source in later in the day to right?