MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What does it mean if you take 3.5K cals and still feel hunger?

This is so odd. My hunger levels are fully satisfied when I do not workout and eat about 3000 calories a day. However, as soon as I start working out my body need up to 4K, but at least 3.5K calories a day to stay full (not overly full, but just enough).

So, that would mean - good metabolic rate. However, wouldn't that mean that if I would cut down to 2.5K calories or 2K calories - I would get cut pretty damn fast?

Well, I do not. In fact, eating 2.5K calories slows me down and makes me feel drained especially if I workout. So, in the end having 2.5K calories SLOWS down my metabolic rate.

ALL, I mean ALL charts show that with my body 3K should be enough for BULK, but don't you think that if you bulk and stay hungry then you are NOT getting caloric surplus???

The diet consists of 40-40-20 ALL healthy, unprocessed.
    Is it wrong to love a being who cannot see? Such belief is the highest faculty a human being can develop.

kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the only way you can truly tell is to watch your bodyfat % when you up your calories. if you still feel hungry try upping the calories, probably some more fat and see if ur bf goes up and adjust ur diet according to ur results, not based on a general calculator for calories
    UniqueNutrition Representative
    www.uniquenutrition.net
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

Disclaimer: The above statement is my own opinion and does not reflect the official position of Unique Nutrition.
    -----------------------------------------
    When I get under the bar, I don't worry about dropping the weight...because it's not going to happen

Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500)
    what are your stats? its hard to say from your info...
    Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
    Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish
    But I'm debated disputed hated and viewed in America
    as a motherf**kin drug addict - like you didn't experiment?
    Now now, that's when you start to stare at who's in the mirror
    and see yourself as a kid again, and you get embarrased
    And I got nothin to do but make you look stupid as parents
    You f**kin do-gooders - too bad you couldn't do good at marriage!

mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mountain_drew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should eat a certain amount of cals and see how much time it takes until you get hungry again, ie : when your stomach shouts (dunno how to say it in English). It takes 3h for me to be really hungry after a 300 cals snack so I guess my body needs around 2400 cals a day (or a little bit less because of when I sleep, or a little bit more if I lift). That's not scientific at all but hey, our bodies are all different so we need a way to guess our specific needs.

Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your hunger is most likely psychological - not a good portrait of your real caloric requirements. And no, your metabolism doesn't "slow down" at 2.5k calories, nor does it increase significantly while on 3.5k calories (apart from the 100 or so calories from thermic effect of food)

gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MonarchX
    ALL, I mean ALL charts show that with my body 3K should be enough for BULK, but don't you think that if you bulk and stay hungry then you are NOT getting caloric surplus???
    NO charts take into account your metabolism, because you can't really know that statistic. You're 18 and 6'2" and exercising - I don't think 3.5kcal/day is in excess. I'm 24 and 5'11" and I eat that much, and I'm not fat. I can't really say if that's sustainable, but it always surprises me when people on here, weightlifters, eat sub-3000 calorie diets. Then again, I eat plenty of fat...

It's hard to go against the advice of a venerable member like Alex88, but it seems to me that, yes, your metabolism would go down if you eat a cutting diet and yes, you would feel hungrier on days you get a lot of exercise - and probably the next day too. Seems like conventional wisdom to me.

Dan
    Never waste an egg yolk

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the morning." -Homer Simpson

"Here's my theory: The better someone's genetics are, the more of a dumb**** he is." -Alan Aragon

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I suggest drinking more water. Most of the time when we feel hungry we are actually thirsty.
    Cha Cha Cha