Rav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile The "I WANNA GET BIG" workout.

Hey Fellas,

I am finally on holidays for 3 months and i am going to go down to the local gym and get a 3 month Gymn membership.

Now i will turn to the pros (you guys) to see what my 'Weekly Full body workout' is like. I have read a few threads and I have chosen these exercises:

[Back]
    Shrugs
    WideGrip Chin ups (different grips)
    Lat pulldown
    T-Bar Rows

[Shoulders]
    Military Press
    Upright Rows

[Abs]
    Crunches
    Leg Lifts/Knee Ups

[Legs]
    Squats
    Leg Press
    Lying Leg curl
    Leg Extensions
    Standing calve raises.

[Chest]
    Flat Bench Press
    Incline Bench
    Decline Bench
    Pec Deck

[Arms]
    Dumbell Curls
    Barbell Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Closegrip Bench
    Dips
    French Press

I will split these body parts into 3 days but I just want to know what you think of my choices. Please point out useless exercises and recommend a more effective one. Ill be interested what you guys think. thanx in advance

Andy

Registered User Violence Jackof's Avatar
    Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    add deadlift to either your leg routine or back routine. and i see more gains doing flyes thani do when i bench. and add front, bent over lateral, and lateral raises to your shoulder routine.

Registered User Violence Jackof's Avatar
    Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Violence Jackof is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    oh, and for abs, use weights for resistance.

Kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

here's what i'm doin

LEGS

Squat 2x8-10
    Leg Press 2x8-10
    SLDL 2x8-10
    Calf Raise 2x12-14

PUSH

Flat Bench 2x8-10
    Incline Bench 2x8-10
    Dips (weighted) 2x8-10
    Overhead Press 2x8-10
    Close grip Bench 2x8-10

PULL

Deadlift 2X8-10
    Chins (palms out) 2xFailure
    Row (I use a machine or you can do bent BB row) 2x8x10
    Shrugs 2x8-10
    BB Curl 2x8-10

Each exercise should have a warm up set before you perform the two "work sets." This is what i've been doing for a while and i like it simplicity.
    When i started I did three working sets but found that it was a just a little too much for me, and using two sets with heavy enough with to get 8-10 rep was fine for me. If i hit 10 reps on both sets i increase weight accordingly.
    "The suspense is killing me. I hope it lasts." -Willy Wonka

Hardgainer Personified ShallowGrave's Avatar
    ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Since your goal is getting big I am assuming you are currently small. If this is the case I'd cut out some of those exerises. Do you really feel you need 6 exercises for your arms when the largest group of muscles in your body (legs minus calves) only have 4?

You grow out of the gym not in
    "That laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve to encourage rather than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man"
    -Thomas Jefferson

Rav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thankyou all for your posts.

I have taken account what you have said.

ID be interested what others have to say.

Feel free to post pls.

cheers