demon_diary has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Full Body Workout vs Split Body Group

Okay, I and a few other teenagers have been deeply pondering this question, so i thought i'd put an end to the mystery.

What is better for mass gains, full body workouts or split body group exercises.

I was really heavy into the gym but stopped for a year. I did split body group for most of the time, and then did full body for a few months before i had to quit gym for a while.

For teens who dont know, the difference is -

Fullbody workout = Biceps, Back, Chest, Triceps ect ect (Every main muscle being worked in the one day)
    Split group = Monday - Back and biceps
    Tuesday - Legs ect ect

I just want to know what will work best for gains, I'm looking to gain and fast. I want to know which path is known for taking you there, quicker. (Though i am very aware that it takes vast amounts of time :P )

Thanks guys
    Adam

BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When i started up I did the upper body lower body split but as I got more advance I split the muscles into their each workout. I have got my best gains with this program and have never went back and use the full body program. But what works for me might not work for you so try each of the programs out and see which one gives you the best results.

So you did split body group and not full body group?

Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    for pure bulking, ive done both, and i can honestly say that full body has given me more strength and size gains than split. I dunno what exactly it is, but i think its the fact that im hitting my muscles more often which makes it work. But then again, what works for me might not work for others
    Alpha Member of the STFU crew

funniest quote in a LONG TIME:

"Arnold is completely unproportional you idiot. You can tell this is the teen forum, the posts are rediculous."
    -Trappy

15yokid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15yokid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15yokid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15yokid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15yokid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15yokid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15yokid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15yokid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15yokid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15yokid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 15yokid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    dam sorry posted in rong thread
    ignore the above

Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by demon_diary
    Okay, I and a few other teenagers have been deeply pondering this question, so i thought i'd put an end to the mystery.

What is better for mass gains, full body workouts or split body group exercises.

I was really heavy into the gym but stopped for a year. I did split body group for most of the time, and then did full body for a few months before i had to quit gym for a while.

Fullbody workout = Biceps, Back, Chest, Triceps ect ect (Every main muscle being worked in the one day)
    Tuesday - Legs ect ect

I just want to know what will work best for gains, I'm looking to gain and fast. I want to know which path is known for taking you there, quicker. (Though i am very aware that it takes vast amounts of time :P )

Thanks guys
    Adam
    Split
    but who was lift

Bruzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruzey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I believe that it really doesn't matter as much as people say. Just make sure you have an intense workout, sufficient rest, and eat correctly (caloric deficit or surplus). Train hard, sleep, eat!
    LOL WUT

T~Bur will become famous soon enough. (+50) T~Bur will become famous soon enough. (+50) T~Bur will become famous soon enough. (+50) T~Bur will become famous soon enough. (+50) T~Bur will become famous soon enough. (+50) T~Bur will become famous soon enough. (+50) T~Bur will become famous soon enough. (+50) T~Bur will become famous soon enough. (+50) T~Bur will become famous soon enough. (+50) T~Bur will become famous soon enough. (+50) T~Bur will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by demon_diary

Tuesday - Legs ect ect

Thanks guys
    Adam
    Full body in most cases.

The muscles get hit more often and with proper rest and nutrition can grow faster.

Although it's really not a case of full body vs split, just hitting the muscles as frequently as possible.

whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ill have to go with full body because that is what has worked best for me. everyone responds differently to different things tho.
    RIP Wesley aka Iron Addict

Overtraining: What it is and what it isn't. And why you've stalled.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1715261

bradabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use split body workouts i have used them for 5years and i have gain a lot of muscle and strength but like everyone says which ever one your most comfortable with is what u should do...
    Brad Abbott
    5'4 181lbs
    21% bodyfat

Hmm. Great imput, would like to thank you guys for that straight out.

The problem is, is that i'm a bit torn.

When i do full body, i feel like im not working the muscles enough to get sore, but im pushing it to my max.

When i do split group, they get sore, but i feel like im not working them enough in a week.

So maybe, the answer would be to combine full body workouts with split groups.
    Sort of a full body workout, only split it in half over 2 days or so.

I'll have more time to work on the muscles, whilst still working them out frequently enough for the week.

Does that sound practical?

Iron7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well if you do a full you need more rest inbetween because your hitting everything in one day, (so 1-2 days on, 1 day off)

For a split you can workout 4 days in row and still get proper rest

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try both, figure out what works best for YOU. Just because some kid here likes fullbody doesn't mean it's going to work best for you.
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

I think i need to look at why im only getting sore with split group..

When im doing full group it feels like a rush. Like everything needs to be brief or else i wont be able to work out the next muscle. But with split group, i feel like i can concentrate on what im doing. Plus theres that few extra exercises on the muscle that makes the difference.

OR, perhaps im just not doing the proper exercises for full body. If someone could please post their workout that has worked wonders for them, i'd love to give it a go today (going to the gym in 2 or so hours)