RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RugbyStar12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Workout before game day

can any of the football players over here, tell me if they train the day before a game or if they just rest.

would it be a bad idea to do a gym session or plyometrics a day before the game?

bigdeezy74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdeezy74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdeezy74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdeezy74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdeezy74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdeezy74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdeezy74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdeezy74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdeezy74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdeezy74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdeezy74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

it

i would have to say it would have to be light weights if anything. I dont realy agree with it though.

sstrickland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sstrickland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    polys no, but lifting is fine as long as you have 6 or more hours to rest before game time
    SS
    Age- 20
    Height- 6'1''
    Weight- 200
    Bench- 315(5/15/06)
    Squat- 405
    Deadlift- 545(5/15/06)
    Power Clean- 265(4/25/06)
    40- 4.73
    Vertical- 36in

sshsfbplaya54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sshsfbplaya54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sshsfbplaya54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sshsfbplaya54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sshsfbplaya54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dont try to be a hot **** and max out but yea like a couple diffrent exercises and do like 3 sets of 8-10 reps would be fine (per lift)

mastergrim8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well i would just workout 1/5 or 1/4 of how i would normally workout. Maybe just doing 1 small set of reps for each part of the body. Practice my game and then get plently of rest

cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Circuit training ain't too bad the night before games.(normally I hate it, but it works to maintain in season) We do a 30 min circuit before games right now, although it's for baseball

mastergrim8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    circuit training is pretty well day before game. Just don't workout or exercise using resistance. i say ur better off going through some drills, plays, do a cardio workout, take in alot of carbs, then rest up

Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Renthal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would just rest before a game, dont risk anything

Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I need to train the day before events or I don't feel limber.

If I was you I would go for a short jog, just focus on keeping really loose and taking big strides, then do a little bit of dynamic stretching, then some light squats or deads just focusing on perfect form and exploding. Don't get tired though.

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)
    im not a big fan of doing a workout the day before a game, especially for football. its such a physically demanding sport as it is, you need as much rest as possible. i know for my school we only wear our helmets and do everything 1/2-3/4 speed, cleats optional. we usually just go through our pregame warmups, special teams jog through, 2 minute drill (light), and then walkthroughs. theres no point in risking something the day before a game. if you absolutely have to workout, do it simple light maintenence work, no bulking or anything. 1 day without lifting isnt gonna kill ya.

on the other hand i am a big fan of circuits the day after a game. great for recovery from the minor bumps and bruises you get in the games.