ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What is the Hardest workout program

Just was wondering what everyone thaught the most demanding, toughest workout program there is?

What workout do you need to be a absolute beast to actually perform?

ps
    I'm bored.

Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've tried 3 different workout regimens so far. The first was Max-OT, which despite the hype on their website, really isn't that tough. The only thing that really busts your balls on that routine is the leg day but ironically with legs being trained only once a week, there isn't that much stimulus for growth there despite the difficulty of the workout.

Next is the SF 5x5. This program is tough in that you end up putting a lot of mental presure on yourself to make the PRs on the lifts (or at least I did) when they are scheduled to happen. Also, the workouts are no joke. Any given day on this program is tougher than anything I encountered on Max-OT. The combination of high volume and high intensity will really bust your balls on the bigger lifts such as squats and deads.

Now I am trying GVT. This program is really intense in its own right. Ten sets of ten reps at 60% of your 1RM sounds easy? Just try it with squats. Yesterday I did 10x10x155 on squats and that was the most painful experience I've ever had in the weight room. The poundage is light compared to my 5RM of 275 but pain set in after about 5 sets and I collapsed after set 9 and then collapsed for a really long time after set 10. The 1 minute rest intervals start coming quicker and quicker and towards the end and you begin to dread the time when you have to get under the bar and start the next set.

slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    GVT is up there. Due to its high volume and repetitive use pattern, GVT is really good at illustrating adrenal fatigue/cortisol response and CNS stress in "cartoon form." By set 7, the rate coding is so high that you can actually sense the split in the mind-muscle connection, when the brain is sending pulses of "lift more!" rather than a continuous message. You'll be shaking. Also, I've probably never felt more "good pain" (i.e. strain) with muscle during the workout than with GVT. Finally, you'll be out of it for the next 2-3 hours. Your brain is toast. And, then, you have to deal with the ungodly DOMS.

DC is up there too. It's the intensity of the 20-rep squat applied to the whole body, rewarded with amateur cortitionist night (i.e. extreme stretches.) With that being said, a person with a background in HIT-style training (and some experience with 20-rep squats) would have a pretty good idea of the conditioning, intensity, and mental pacing necessary to succeed with this. One of my friends just loves this training partly because its in-the-moment brutality kinda fits his ideal of what training should feel like.

But my pick for hardest would be the lactic acid training schemes. And the reason is two-fold. When you run out of air, anaerobic exercise is almost impossible to complete. In fact, almost all weightlifting programs are designed around the assumption that you'll have enough oxygen. Except these schemes. And, second, these are the ones most likely to make you throw up. So, essentially what happens is that, unlike say DC or GVT, you'll feel strong enough to keep going, and you'll feel mentally there to keep you in the moment . . . but your body will be telling you to stop in every possible way. The burn. The lack of air. The sense of energy draining away from your body. The nausea.
    I need direction to perfection

Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ckrumm24
    Just was wondering what everyone thaught the most demanding, toughest workout program there is?

ps
    I'm bored.
    definately Arnolds workout
    it is the hardest most hardcore workout ever

dont do it.

Yo Daddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yo Daddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yo Daddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    100 rep leg presses... for all that is holy and right, please do not attempt. You will find empathy for those who are paraplegic.

...and yes, you will throw up. And because you can't stand you will end up doing it all over yourself. Sorry for the bad news.

ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckrumm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Originally Posted by Yo Daddy
    100 rep leg presses... for all that is holy and right, please do not attempt. You will find empathy for those who are paraplegic.

...and yes, you will throw up. And because you can't stand you will end up doing it all over yourself. Sorry for the bad news.
    hahahahaha sweet ill try it

Fat BB'er or weak PL'er Guinness5.0's Avatar
    Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    20-rep breathing squats is the toughest thing I've done. You take your 10rm and do twenty with it, rest-pausing as necessary. It took me two full minutes to complete a set of 'em.

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I will have to vote for GVT as well.

Never would of tried it if it were not for a rib injury..I figured at least I wouldn't lose anything.

To my surprise..That was one brutal program.
    Psalm 121

Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fitnessman
    I will have to vote for GVT as well.

Never would of tried it if it were not for a rib injury..I figured at least I wouldn't lose anything.

To my surprise..That was one brutal program.
    try OVT.... you'll think GVT is **** then...

no kidding... with my manipulation of OVT, i used to feel like throwing up a number of times on my leg days..... jesus... it brings back bad memories...

Originally Posted by ckrumm24

ps
    I'm bored.
    from what i've done, i think OVT is definitely very tough..... and it gives AWESOME results too.....

but, from what i've read, i think DC or Iron Mans HIT program will definitely be the most difficult....

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For "hardgainers"

I would say lifting fork to mouth 8 meals a day. Definately high volume and taxes the mind quite a bit. Very hard to complete. Man by the 12 week some just can't go on. Pound for pound the hardest workout ever. Sometimes you feel like puking after that 7th meal. Oh and the mornings when you are sitting on the can emptying out that oatmeal. That is a brutal session.
    Cha Cha Cha

Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If were are talking bodybuilding routines I would say Super Squats which included 20 rep breathing squats. However, the toughtest routine I ever did was a conditioning routine that consisted of dips, pull-ups, squats, deadlifts, DB Swings, sandbag lifts and sprinting. Not all in the same day but those workouts were brutal.

Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bump... this thread is interesting, let's hear some more. And props to slippy for always being a smart-ass, in a good way

Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mon, Wed, Fri

Chest:
    Bench press - 5 sets, 6-10 reps
    Flat bench flies - 5 sets, 6-10 reps
    Incline bench press - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
    Cable crossovers - 6 sets, 10-12 reps
    Dips - 5 sets, to failure
    Dumbbell pullovers - 5 sets, 10-12 reps

Back:
    Front wide-grip chin-ups - 6 sets, to failure
    T-bar rows - 5 sets, 6-10 reps
    Seated pulley rows - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
    One-arm dumbbell rows - 5 sets, 6-10 reps
    Straight-leg deadlifts - 6 sets, 15 reps

Legs:
    Squats - 6 sets, 8-12 reps
    Leg presses - 6 sets, 8-12 reps
    Leg extensions - 6 sets, 12-15 reps
    Leg curls - 6 sets, 10-12 reps
    Barbell lunges - 5 sets, 15 reps

Calves:
    Standing calf raises -10 sets, 10 reps
    Seated calf raises - 8 sets, 15 reps
    One-legged calf raises (holding dumbbells) - 6 sets,12 reps

Forearms:
    Wrist curls (forearms on knees) - 4 sets, 10 reps
    Reverse barbell curls - 4 sets, 8 reps
    Wright roller machine - to failure

Abs:
    Nonstop instinct training for 30 minutes

Tues, Thurs, Sat

Biceps:
    Barbell curls - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
    Seated dumbbell curls - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
    Dumbbell concentration curls - 6 sets, 6-10 reps

Triceps:
    Close-grip bench presses (for the all three heads) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
    Pushdowns (exterior head) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
    Barbell French presses (interior head) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
    One-arm dumbbell triceps extensions (exterior head) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps

Shoulders:
    Seated barbell presses - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
    Lateral raises (standing) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
    Rear-delt lateral raises - 5 sets, 6-10 reps
    Cable lateral raises - 5 sets, 10-12 reps

Calves and Forearms:
    Same as Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Abs:
    Same as Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by spirit3530
    For "hardgainers"

I would say lifting fork to mouth 8 meals a day. Definately high volume and taxes the mind quite a bit. Very hard to complete. Man by the 12 week some just can't go on. Pound for pound the hardest workout ever. Sometimes you feel like puking after that 7th meal. Oh and the mornings when you are sitting on the can emptying out that oatmeal. That is a brutal session.
    LOL... I'm getting used to eating 6 times a day... least this week, I didn't get that nauseating feeling after eating for the 5th or 6th time of the day.

When I put raw oats into my shake, it gets so thick that I sometimes would probably need to use a spoon. heh

I don't think I can do it 8 times a day. LOL might as well attach a bag to my mouth like a horse at that rate!
    Last edited by ossizen; 04-21-2006 at 07:41 AM.

_Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would have to go with DC, because of the rest pauses, and the 20 rep widowmakers, and then another new world, extreme streches.

Lifter,
    "Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless." Bruce Lee

"The pain of bodybuilding is inevitable, but whether you suffer or not is entirely up to you."

I sweat BCAAs and sea H2O JoeyTS's Avatar
    JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The toughest "theoretical program" (insane and not sure if anyone ever really stuck it out for many weeks in real life) I have seen is the advanced one in Arnold's book.

Toughest sane and productive program many people have tried and got results = GVT

sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would imagine that Smolotov workout. Like 2 people on the forums have actually gone through the entire thing.

waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Guinness5.0
    20-rep breathing squats is the toughest thing I've done. You take your 10rm and do twenty with it, rest-pausing as necessary. It took me two full minutes to complete a set of 'em.
    I know some are going to hate me for this, but 20 reps are Childs play after Direct Compensation Training, D.C.T. ON squats, or any other bodypart, and growth and size come in the first 90 seconds, no lie there, and after two weeks you just blow up.

Here is a brief description, (THIS IS ALL MY WRITINGS)

If you try this training you will need a few break in sessions, 1, to get the weights right, and 2, because it’s so damn hard. The last 6 months on John Casler’s Direct Compensation Training it’s been mind blowing, it’s the hardest training I have ever done, it’s the most result producing in strength and size, and it makes you feel so good mentally and physically, I have beaten all my personal 20RM,10RM, 5RM and 1RM. And am doing with the same weight for 30 reps, what I was doing on the third set, for 10 reps only.

You do not really have to take the first set to failure, at first, but after a few weeks you can, but I took all other sets to full failure.

1/2 rep speed,

Hypertrophy,
    Set 1, 30 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 2, add 25% 15 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 3 add 15% 10 reps, set 4, drop down weight to your first or second sets weights, and do a full stop at the top and bottom to take advantage of Good recognition of the role of stretch in sarcolemma (cell membrane of a muscle fiber or muscle cell. The membrane is designed to receive and conduct stimuli.) Disruption.

Strength,
    Set 1, 20 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 2, add 25% 15 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 3 add 15% 10 reps, set 4, which is 5 reps, drop down weight to your second sets weights, and do a full stop at the top and bottom to take advantage of Good recognition of the role of stretch in sarcolemma (cell membrane of a muscle fiber or muscle cell. The membrane is designed to receive and conduct stimuli.) Disruption.

Wayne

Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sabonis224
    I would imagine that Smolotov workout. Like 2 people on the forums have actually gone through the entire thing.
    What is the Smolotov workout?

sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Irishfurey
    It is a russian squat program, I am not certain on the spelling of the guys name but it is similar to that.

Fat BB'er or weak PL'er Guinness5.0's Avatar
    Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Guinness5.0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Irishfurey
    http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/sh...&postcount=107