Spt2527 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

In Need of Help/Advice on Squats

**I posted this in the exercise section, but I thought since so many knowledgeable people (especially with doing a core exercise like squat) read this particular section that I may get some good feedback.**

Hey guys, long story short, I'm extremely inflexible and have horrible form when it comes to squats. I have a very hard time reaching parallel, if I make it at all, and my upper body leans way too far out over my knees. When I squat, my hips feel like they're about to pop out of socket...I know that sounds a bit extreme, but that's just what the enormous tension there feels like. I used to place 10 pound plates under my heels and that helped some, though I'm not sure why (my strength coach made me do it, I still don't understand what mechanical reason there is that it helps). Do the plates inhibit my gains at all? Will my lifts not be representative of what they should be or is it the same as doing a regular squat?

Basically I'm just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how they overcame it, or if anyone has any sort of suggestions/advice for me. Anything and everything is welcome, thanks in advance.

nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i belive the plates were there to shift weight onto your heals because it is bad for your joints to have the weight on your toes. and no they wont change the gains that you get from squats.
    Old Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=687501
    New Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=735012