XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Question What if saturated Fat is Actually Good for You?

This is insane article saying that no one proved that saturated fats can cause heart disease!

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/articl...eac____&page=1
    "I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." Michael Jordan
    ===========================
    Official football (soccer) thread founder
    Cruijffista, Guardiolista, Messista. FC Barcelona DNA
    2010 National Champions: Duke Blue Devils

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What is so insane? And it's true, you won't find one study showing saturated fat on it's own directly linked to heart disease.This article is fairly old, hope mens health isn't taking credit.

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    uhhh its true...
    @__@

MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by grapemaster View Post
    uhhh its true...
    x2340938403

hehe
    LIFT. EAT. REST. REPEAT.

part of DA...keep it on the QT

rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's not an insane article. It's true. And yeah, for reference, Men's Health hardly discovered this. I believe it goes back to eh, uh, like the beginning of time?
    Steve

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Body like a stone, mind like a meatloaf.
    - Eric Cartman

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think nearly everyone on here knew that, saturated fats should be incorproated into a daily diet due to the fact they help raise testosterone levels and play a vital part in bodily functions,

this is not brain science, just dont make all of your fats from saturated fats and try to divide them evenly between omega 3's n 6's as well

Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i heard that one source of saturated fat is good for you and that's "extra virgin coconut oil".

anybody else hear that or read that?
    The Truth On Politics, The United States Gov't and the World.
    http://truthknowledge.com/

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not to worry layzie, because that would be impossible.

Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    just dont make all of your fats from saturated fatsl

Supp Misc Outkast digitalgoodtime's Avatar
    digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalgoodtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    this is definitely not a new headline, Men's Health is just considered the bible for the regular guy trying to live a healthy lifestyle and since they published it now a few million regular joes are happy to be eating mcdonald's again...lol
    vegetable-based protein ftw

on hiatus - too many douche bags here.....

XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ok let me understand this, saturated fats can make you fat but you still not at risk of getting health problems like heart disease and stroke? I don't really get it!

I always thought fat people at higher risk of getting heart related disease, high blood pressure diabetes etc etc.
    "I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." Michael Jordan

Originally Posted by Dubl10 View Post
    i heard that one source of saturated fat is good for you and that's "extra virgin coconut oil".

anybody else hear that or read that?
    One source of saturated fat is good? I assume you don't believe this article then. Anyway virgin coconut oil is mostly lauric acid which increases HDL and barely effects LDL and is burned as fuel very effectively by the body as well.

rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by XAU View Post
    ok let me understand this, saturated fats can make you fat but you still not at risk of getting health problems like heart disease and stroke? I don't really get it!

I always thought fat people at higher risk of getting heart related disease, high blood pressure diabetes etc etc.
    Since when do saturated fats make you more fat than anything else? I eat MORE of them when trying to lose weight than any other time! Also, since increasing my overall fat intake, including saturated fat from all sources, my risk of heart disease has DECREASED substantially! (Lower blood pressure, better cholesterol\lipids etc).

Seriously, if you don't get it, and I don't mean this as sarcastic, you are simply a victim, like 1000's of others, of what you have been lead to believe by the health industry, news media, and everyone else that doesn't know a damn thing.

A good read on the subject that is not a diet book, is Good Calories Bad Calories by Gary Taubes as well.
    Steve

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Body like a stone, mind like a meatloaf.
    - Eric Cartman

MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

extra calories make you fat.

Saturated fats alone don't cause a problem. add them to refined sugars and hydrongenated fats and maybe you'll have a problem the trouble with a lot of resreach and articles is that when they talk about "fatty foods" they are more likely to cite processed fatty foods an example

dietary fat <> stored body fat
    LIFT. EAT. REST. REPEAT.

part of DA...keep it on the QT

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)

ahhh you found the connection... yes FAT PEOPLE are at higher risk... its not b/c of the saturated fat though. its b/c they are FAT
    @__@

ok thanks guys for the info, will do more research on the subject. Will try to get Gary Taubes's book

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would bet, though, that a 'fat' active person that doesn't eat too much sugar would be less likely to develop heart disease than an 'thin', completely inactive person that lives off fast food and/or sugar.

Avoiding natural sources of saturated fat - like red meat, peanuts etc.. is like avoiding fruit because of the sugar. There are reasons one might choose not to eat beef or fruit, but avoiding saturated fats and sugars are not valid ones.

Avoiding excessive omega-6, however, is something you might consider - and that is a 'healthy' polyunsaturated fat!
    Last edited by Jules Verne; 03-03-2008 at 10:48 AM.

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    e
    the trouble with a lot of resreach and articles is that when they talk about "fatty foods" they are more likely to cite processed fatty foods an example

The other problem is that they are always (on humans) correlative studies, not cause-effect studies. All they say is that the less healthy portion of the population tends to eat more sat fat than the more healthy portion.
    Last edited by Jules Verne; 03-03-2008 at 11:11 AM.