joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How long does it take to get into shape?

I have been sitting one my bum of over a year and I want to get back into shape. How long does it take the average person to get in to shape. I mean run a 5k shape, or play Rugby shape.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171614803
    Please excuse any spelling and/or grammatical errors. I'm dyslexic.I do my best!

CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    depends on what you mean by in shape. anyone can run 5k and anyone can play rugby...but to what standard?

i dont think you can put a timeline on it and if you do you'll probably not see it through to the end. if you're strict you can probably get some noticeable improvements in 2 or 3 months....but i doubt alot of people here would call that 'in shape'.
    Soon to be updated:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119479461

MUFC supporter actually from Manchester
    rep [and neg] back 500+

joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeybsmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I guess you are right anyone could play rugby or run a 5k. How about this , I want to get in to the type of Shape where I can play 90 mins of Rugby one a competitive level.
    Please excuse any spelling and/or grammatical errors. I'm dyslexic.I do my best!

tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have noticed anecdotel evidence that the milestones of 3 and 6 months hold true for most people. At ~3 months improvements are becoming obvious and ~ 6 months you're cooking with gas

The above is based on dedicated work. So...if you want to play this summer, you better get going!
    Last edited by tonester; 03-03-2008 at 04:39 AM.
    "Adapt and overcome."

"Everything you need is inside you."

CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by joeybsmooth View Post
    I guess you are right anyone could play rugby or run a 5k. How about this , I want to get in to the type of Shape where I can play 90 mins of Rugby one a competitive level.
    knowing quite a few amateur club players id say you'll be getting somewhere after a couple of months providing you're not currently a lost cause. to actually become a serious physical presence on the field will take you at least a year of hard work.
    Soon to be updated:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119479461

MUFC supporter actually from Manchester
    rep [and neg] back 500+

david25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) david25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) david25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) david25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) david25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) david25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) david25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) david25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) david25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) david25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) david25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well if your training routine and diet is good you should see gains in about 3 months but that beginners shape it takes years to have a rock body shap like some athelets

It seems like it is so easy to lose what you build up for your self when you stop working out. It is like I worked hard to get some place and next thing i no its gone . I gues the best thing to do is to get at it. I may try HIIT.