Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ahms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bupolo View Post
    Absolutely! I had SERIOUS lower back pain after my first year of grad school, and the Chiro told me to stretch...BOOM, gone.

Also, with respects to your neck pain. Try stretching your chest muscles. Tight chest muscles have a tendancy to put a lot of strain on your back, bad posture, leading to upper back/neck pain. Should take you about 10 minutes a day (5 minutes in the morning, 5 in the evening) to get rid of all your back pain.
    Im so trying this. I have occasional re occuring trap problems, like they get very tight and hurt when i move my neck. I think this might help.
    Woo yeah. gonna go stretch now
    Ahms - Back in Training

plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Look how you sit in chairs, keep your feet flat on the ground.

JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeySea is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

This thread seriously rules. I'm glad I stumbled upon it - seems like there is a lot of good advice floating around. I am dealing with lower back pain as well at the moment. It's to the point where if I am walking up hill I feel a tightness and pain in my lower back.

My physiotherapist has been using ultrasound therapy and massage therapy on my middle back thinking that there is some tightness that is causing the pain to shoot down to my lower back. I haven't been in therapy for too long, but I haven't been noticing many improvements.

I do feel as though my hamstrings are tight. I very seldom do much core work besides decline sit ups, which I know is really bad, and stretching is pretty much non existent. I feel like a fool for not working my core and stretching properly over the past two years despite how everyone says it's so crucial. Lesson learned I suppose.

The only real exercises that I feel the lower back pain directly after a set are dead lifts and bent over rows. I normally need to wait a minute or two before beginning another set due to the pain I experience. I am hoping this is due to weak core / tight hamstrings.

Going forward, starting today, I am beginning a core routine that I will be performing after each workout (maybe every second workout) which will consist of hyper extensions, Russian twists, decline sit ups and some planks. After this workout I will do some stretches for my hip flexors, glutes and hamstrings.

I really hope the stretching / core work will help. Big ups to everyone who posted in this thread, I'm sure it is really helping a lot of people.

hcortes24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have the same pain

I have had chronic lower back pain ever since i can remember, but lately its been lasting for about 2 months. I went to a chiro and he said there are many possiblities, one being that i may have an inflamated nerve. He also said that many people have back problems because their muscles can not react quick enough to certain movements. This is why he says some people get lower back problems from picking up a pencil.

Since I've gone to him he has began a therapy program with me. He makes me bend my knees while have a stick flat on my back while bending down. The pain is incredible but i feel it stretching and working. (The stick should never come of your back while bending). Also i have realized he is making me do a lot of stretches so it may be related to what this whole thread is about. The pain has got worse, but i do believe it will work.

BTW... does anyone know if running can be affecting my back even more? Lifting? I'm not a tall nor heavy guy, but some people keep telling me the weight i lift can be affecting my back as well. I dont arch my back nor lift my head when i lift so i believe im lifting properly. If anyone could help let me know. I will continue to stretch just like this thread has advised and see what happens.

Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hcortes24 View Post
    BTW... does anyone know if running can be affecting my back even more? Lifting? I'm not a tall nor heavy guy, but some people keep telling me the weight i lift can be affecting my back as well. I dont arch my back nor lift my head when i lift so i believe im lifting properly. If anyone could help let me know. I will continue to stretch just like this thread has advised and see what happens.
    Running can be troublesome for some people with lower back pain because the column is supporting your bodyweight. Swimming is generally the best form of cardio for people with back pain, as your bodyweight is suspended in the water.

kawiman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys excellent thread.

After reading this I now know why I have a "good" back after doing light deads.
    I will be doing these stretches every day now.

I'm wondering if there is a supplement out there to "loosen" muscles. My friend brought up the possibility that I may be deficient in something as my whole body is tight as ****.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My lower back started bothering me more and more and I thought it was just due to being sore from squats/DL every week but then my hip flexors started getting tight as well so I added static stretching and foam rolling to the end of my workouts and I feel much better day to day and my lifts have also started improving.

If you have access to foam rollers, I'd suggest looking into that too. I do that then I stretch.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i see this post is somewhat recently active so wanted to add my thoughts...

I have a recurrent problem what may be resultant of a herniated disc (will know after my MRI on the 18th) and have had chronic flare ups for years... typically they resolved themselves but this last time I'm in a new job and am working long 12hr shifts without relief so my function has been slow to come back. Stretching as everyone says is invaluable... That and strengthening exercises for ur pelvic wall and stabilizer muscles. According to my physiotherapist, we don't use these muscles in everyday activity... If u injure ur back, often times ur brain sends signals to deactivate these muscles and while they lay dormant, they atrophy. Chronic flare ups then happen in what was originally an isolated injury with the muscles u need to stabilize the spine being next to non-existent. Because we don't use these muscles in everyday activities, it's essential to incorporate exercises that recruit these muscles into a daily routine. When u have problems in the lower back/glute area a lot of other muscles compensate and this is what really creates the problem. So, stretch the muscles out - and if it hurts, theoretically, that should decrease over time if ur stretching appropriately, regularly, and long enough to have an effect on the muscle.. and incorporate strengthening exercises - and not just for your abs and back, but deeper in where ur pelvic wall and stabilizer muscles are.

If it's uncomfortable to stretch at all, take a muscle relaxant prior and start easy... Eventually u'll loosen up those muscles and begin feeling some relief.

Anyone have any input into the sacroiliac joint? I'm wondering if my problem isn't a disc problem and more related to this joint instead...
    The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. - John Ruskin

*Our aspirations are our possibilities* - Samuel Johnson

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - Einstein

lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes. Dont know how but the guy who was physio to Dorian Yates during his Olympia rein told me my tight hamstrings had something to do with my back trouble, so you can pretty much take that as fact. Do hamstring and lower back stretches. I know they f*ckin hurt like mad but you just have to push through the pain and dont overdo it. Also see a good physio who can diagnose the problem straight away, dont bother with a doctor.

Real World Boxing Advice djartek's Avatar
    djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by WeedyBloke View Post
    I have had a bad back now for 8 or 9 months. The pain changes all the time, sometimes right down by my tailbone, sometimes low back sometimes mid back and even up in the neck.

When I stretch my hamstrings it doesn't feel the saem as any other stretch, it def 'hurts' more than it stretches. i can never hold the stretch for long at all. When i stretch the quads i can hold it for a long time and it feels good, the hams just feel way too tight.

anythign I can do about this?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?p=466956291
    Youtube.com/PalacBoxing
    I'll answer your boxing and combat questions. Just PM me
    "Patience, persistence, determination, and an unstoppable drive to be better than yesterday."

AKS74 is just really nice. (+1000) AKS74 is just really nice. (+1000) AKS74 is just really nice. (+1000) AKS74 is just really nice. (+1000) AKS74 is just really nice. (+1000) AKS74 is just really nice. (+1000) AKS74 is just really nice. (+1000) AKS74 is just really nice. (+1000) AKS74 is just really nice. (+1000) AKS74 is just really nice. (+1000) AKS74 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bump

Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    bump
    **Strong Join Date Crew**

Lions*Buckeyes*Royals*Celtics*Islanders

**NJ Crew 973**

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Foam rolling and stretching helps. APT is the primary cause of these issues in lifters.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    Foam rolling and stretching helps. APT is the primary cause of these issues in lifters.
    foam rolling has'nt helped but these stretches have relieved my pain somewhat still standing hurts in my right hamstring and calf

**NJ Crew 973**

bombasticson is not very well liked. (-100) bombasticson is not very well liked. (-100) bombasticson is not very well liked. (-100) bombasticson is not very well liked. (-100) bombasticson is not very well liked. (-100) bombasticson is not very well liked. (-100) bombasticson is not very well liked. (-100) bombasticson is not very well liked. (-100) bombasticson is not very well liked. (-100) bombasticson is not very well liked. (-100) bombasticson is not very well liked. (-100)
    I would definitely say it sounds like something aggravating your nerves... You could have a herniated disk, that can cause pain anywhere depending what disk is herniated.. There are cases where people say they feel pain in the I neck and arm and others back and legs, I recently had similar pain and kept working out despite it and it just exploded one day during squats doctor said one of the discs in my back was pressing on some nerves in my lower back.. Giving me pain in my glutes and hamstrings.. could be same going on with you

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Source7769 View Post
    foam rolling has'nt helped but these stretches have relieved my pain somewhat still standing hurts in my right hamstring and calf
    Also, with APT - working the abdominals is key to correcting the imbalance.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Originally Posted by bombasticson View Post
    I would definitely say it sounds like something aggravating your nerves... You could have a herniated disk, that can cause pain anywhere depending what disk is herniated.. There are cases where people say they feel pain in the I neck and arm and others back and legs, I recently had similar pain and kept working out despite it and it just exploded one day during squats doctor said one of the discs in my back was pressing on some nerves in my lower back.. Giving me pain in my glutes and hamstrings.. could be same going on with you
    thats what i thought too but after a week of stretching my hamstrings the pain has subsided by about 70% im hoping after 4 weeks its gone or i will have to get checked out

**NJ Crew 973**

QMiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) QMiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) QMiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) QMiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) QMiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) QMiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) QMiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) QMiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) QMiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) QMiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) QMiss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Have any of you guys tried Rock Tape over your injuries? It pulls the skin away from the hurt area and allows proper blood flow. I've used it over a pinch nerve to deadlift, squat and lunge w/ zero pain.

tkais711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have the same problem except it only happens when i do stiff leg deads or squats...my form is very good but after about three sets my lower back feels like its being tugged on. I do have pretty tight hamstrings...anyone thnk that could be the problem?

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tkais711 View Post
    i have the same problem except it only happens when i do stiff leg deads or squats...my form is very good but after about three sets my lower back feels like its being tugged on. I do have pretty tight hamstrings...anyone thnk that could be the problem?
    Yep.