rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000)

Are girls really that different (training needs)

I have a continuous argument with my girl, maybe i am wrong?

She spends (at least) 3 hours on the treadmill/elyptical per day, 5 days a week.

She eats no more than 1 meal per day, which is sometimes just a couple bowls of cereal (special k with redberrys).

See the thing is in the last 10yrs she has gone from a size 14 to a size 0, she dropped 14 sizes!! So she isnt about to take advice from me or anyone else because in her eyes she is doing just fine.

She has been having many medical issues, and i keep telling her that lack of nutrition isnt helping. i say she HAS to eat! But coming from a size 14 she is really in no rush to put any food in her mouth, you know how women are.

I also keep telling her she looks TOO skinny, but she doesnt want to hear it.

**i was gonna post this in "womens bodybuilding" but she isnt bodybuilding so i didnt think it fit there.
    Make it a great day!

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Right now, I wouldn't be concerned with her training needs, but her medical and psychological needs. I am no expert, but I highly suspect your girl has a sever eating disorder.

rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nithos
    Right now, I wouldn't be concerned with her training needs, but her medical and psychological needs. I am no expert, but I highly suspect your girl has a sever eating disorder.
    oh, big time!

id say on an avg she consumes MAYBE 500 calories per day

once in a while we go out or something, and she takes in about 1000 calories id say. this is very rare though

and again, this is one meal per day!

I just dont know what to do or say to help her, i know what she is doing is not healthy ...

the fact that she has lost 14 sizes makes her not want to listen to anyone.

PS, her family is all "large" so she thinks its in her genes i guess, so she has to fight it daily

Jeez, sounds like i need a shrink, lol
    Make it a great day!

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have never had to really deal with a similar issue, so I can't help you out.

I am sure you can get better help from someone with personal experience with the issue, but these are my thoughts:
    - Ask her to going with you to someone who specializes in eating disorders
    - Then get her to see a nutritionist once the eating disorder is under control.

arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nithos
    Right now, I wouldn't be concerned with her training needs, but her medical and psychological needs.
    ^^Agreed^^

Inform her of the damage she is doing to her body. Maybe send her a few links for some websites about it and show your sincere concern and offer to take her to a psychologist. She needs help.
    "Ain't no party like a Scranton party cause a Scranton party don't stop."

Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    indeed, she needs help. now that she's a size 0, shes has no more fat to lose, her health going to start getting really bad, you can remind her as well that anorexics look scary, lose their hair and teeth (not very pretty) and she is putting herself at risk for osteoporosis and a host of other conditions.