Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Protein and gas

FartLighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) FartLighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) FartLighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) FartLighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) FartLighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) FartLighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) FartLighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) FartLighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) FartLighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) FartLighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) FartLighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Protein farts:

missybass is on a distinguished road. (+10) missybass is on a distinguished road. (+10) missybass is on a distinguished road. (+10) missybass is on a distinguished road. (+10) missybass is on a distinguished road. (+10) missybass is on a distinguished road. (+10) missybass is on a distinguished road. (+10) missybass is on a distinguished road. (+10) missybass is on a distinguished road. (+10) missybass is on a distinguished road. (+10) missybass is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Terrie,
    I have problems whenever I use Ultra Peptide 2.0. I used to put it on my oatmeal and I would have EXTREMELY BAD GAS!!!! So bad I was embarrassed to go places not because of the sounds, but because of the horrendous smell. UP 2.0 was the only protein that was giving me the extreme gas, I mean i had gas previously, but not hold your nose clear the room gas. I have since stop using the UP2.0 and started taking probiotics. My overall gas has decreased and I feel much better. I am going to try the Ultra Peptide this weekend and see how it goes with the built up probiotics in my system. Hope it helps to know you are not alone.

SoHypnotick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoHypnotick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoHypnotick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoHypnotick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoHypnotick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoHypnotick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoHypnotick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoHypnotick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoHypnotick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoHypnotick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoHypnotick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Another agree for Ginger

Papaya enzyme works very well as does Beano, and works fast
    I been here but my soul is just arrivin

IM Brah

Content Writer $1.50/100 words

B.S. Kinesiology

The Grim Girevik Doctor_Armorum's Avatar
    Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Fitness & Digestive Issues

I agree with what many have said on this thread--i.e., that most flatulence issues associated with the fitness lifestyle are due to protein powders. There are many different types of protein powders that give many people problems.

Poor quality whey proteins may have more residual lactose, which naturally gives lactose intolerant people gas woes, and worse. Better quality whey proteins, like Beverly's Muscle Provider, aren't cheap, but they are also typically much easier to digest. The so-called "timed release" or "slow" milk protein, casein, is very difficult for many humans to digest. Many folks who think they have a lactose intolerance may actually simply have a compromised ability to digest casein. People with overall dairy allergies may be able to use eggwhite protein as an alternative. Eggs are still the standard by which all other proteins are measured, though I've always found egg protein powder to have a weird aftertaste. Soy protein isn't recommended, not only because of its negative estrogenic qualities, but also because soy is actually highly allergenic. Strict vegan strength athletes and fitness enthusiasts are much better off with a soy-free mixed vegetable protein, or a sprouted brown rice protein.

Another culprit is the wretched protein bar. Protein bars are of course convenient, but they're predominantly garbage. Many of the lower carb ones rely on sugar alcohols as a sweetener. While sugar alcohols are natural and are fine for those who can tolerate them, they give a lot of folks embarrasing and unpleasant digestive problems, like gas and loose bowels.

Regarding whole foods, vegetables often cause problems. Cruciferous veggies like broccoli are, despite what raw foodists claim, best eaten cooked (steamed). Raw broccoli is tough to digest, and being sulphurous, can cause some really nasty gas. Also, steaming breaks down the cellular walls of the broccoli, which actually increases the assimilation of beneficial nutrients, like indole-3-carbinol.

Digestive enzymes may help, and probiotics are great. Probiotics help to support the immune system, fight the overgrowth of yeast, and aid in keeping the digestive tract in good running order. Also, it may be good to take probiotics since Splenda (aka sucralose, used in so many protein supplements) can supposedly reduce the number of good bacteria in the gut (not a real shock, given that sucralose is sugar modified at the molecular level, by replacing a hydrogen atom with a chlorine atom. Chlorine is a poison).

To the original poster, I would personally suggest eliminating tuna from the diet--not because of any potential digestive woes, but because tuna is a very big fish, and hence it is higher on the food chain. Being higher on the food chain = more toxic. As a species, we have unfortunately wrecked the oceans, and the dangers of heavy metal toxicity are very real. That's why it's best to stick with smaller fish, for both protein, and omega-3 EFAs--salmon on down. Even tiny fish like sardines are good--they're a source of protein, calcium, and omega-3s.
    "Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it." -- Plato

"To think of failure is to fail." --Arthur Saxon, "The Development of Physical Power", 1906

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." --Henry Rollins, "Iron and the Soul"

Chrissief will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrissief will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrissief will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrissief will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrissief will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrissief will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrissief will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrissief will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrissief will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrissief will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrissief will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Omg this thread made me ROFL!

Also great post Doctor Armorum!

The Grim Girevik Doctor_Armorum's Avatar
    Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doctor_Armorum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Chrissief View Post
    Also great post Doctor Armorum!
    Thanks, Chrissie. I like to share what I know, in the hopes that it may be of benefit to others.
    "Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it." -- Plato

"To think of failure is to fail." --Arthur Saxon, "The Development of Physical Power", 1906

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." --Henry Rollins, "Iron and the Soul"

KingsFan32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingsFan32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

well the digestive enzyme capsule did not work, so I took 4.5 lbs of protein of a 6 lb bag back to Costco and got my 36 dollars back... headed on over to nutrition zone and was going to pick up Syntha-6, but the dude working there suggested one of his brands "Lean Pro Matrix" told me that it had digestive enzymes and all this other stuff, so I was a bit skeptical, went home and did my homework on the protein, went back a couple hours later and picked up a 2 lb tub for 32 dollars... Very tasty I have to say, it's low on carbs, fat, and calories, but high in protein ... thus far I am happy and will be picking up a 5 lb tub next month... as for the vegies, they don't give me gas... I ate some vegies 7 hours ago, and thus far methane free.. ...

covergirl1908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by deweydw View Post
    My problem was an egg white protien (powder) drink. That really messed me up. Once I let one go down stairs and then went to my room upstairs. I hear my daughter yell out from down stairs "Dad, did you fart?!". Then I hear her coming up the stairs. She yells "Oh my God, it's up the stairs!!" I dropped the egg white mix the next day.
    OMGGGG!!....I JUST CAN'T WITH THIS THREAD ANYMORE! I'M LITERALLY CRYING LAUGHING!!
    Its so TRUUUUEEE...I KNEW I COULDN'T BETHE ONLY CHICK WITH THIS PROBLEM lmaoooooooooi

hotpily34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just love to read all the comments! I was searching for some answers to my gas issues. I feel so bad that I let gas out all the time. My kids already know that it's me. There is no more making everyone believe that it was one of my own kids! My kids are big now and know exactly that MOM has let a fart out! They leave me alone in the house, they all run outside of the room! and if I let one go out in the van! oh my, they open the windows! My husband tells me that I need to go to the bathroom to do the fart! but sometimes you can't control it!

When I am at work, I am praying that my fart doesn't make any sound or stink! Oh my! this is just ridiculous crazy!
    HotPily

vic0928 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic0928 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic0928 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic0928 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic0928 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic0928 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic0928 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic0928 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic0928 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic0928 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vic0928 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fuelish1 View Post
    my buddy takes ginger or ginger root (i forget which) and says it helps him alot.....
    would putting ginger in your tea help? My farts smell like rotting carcasses. Its bad when you can't even stand your farts.

USMC Wife & Iron Eater CarolinaGurl's Avatar
    CarolinaGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarolinaGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarolinaGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarolinaGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarolinaGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarolinaGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarolinaGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarolinaGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarolinaGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarolinaGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) CarolinaGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by vic0928 View Post
    would putting ginger in your tea help? My farts smell like rotting carcasses. Its bad when you can't even stand your farts.
    Oh yes, usually everyone likes the smell of their own "brand" so to speak...... not this girl.
    There is only do or not do...... there is no "try". And since the word try means to "sample" and I have no intention of just "sampling" life.