New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question everyday plank too much?

Hi everyone,

With summer just round the corner I thought I should get my abs back into shape ( not that they are very much out of shape )

Anyways my questions is...

Is doing plank (3sets of 60seconds) everyday too much? Should I do it every-other day?

Thanks!

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no you'll be fine carry on their are great conditioning exercise
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

iraqi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iraqi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by New2Building View Post
    Hi everyone,

With summer just round the corner I thought I should get my abs back into shape ( not that they are very much out of shape )

Anyways my questions is...

Is doing plank (3sets of 60seconds) everyday too much? Should I do it every-other day?

Thanks!
    hi
    i play this exercise everyday 20 - 40 sets a day and it's very good for abs, click here & watch the exercise http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...Reverse+Crunch

try that exercise & see the result after few weeks
    ''If not you , Then who?''

New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10) New2Building is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by iraqi View Post
    hi
    i play this exercise everyday 20 - 40 sets a day and it's very good for abs, click here & watch the exercise http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...Reverse+Crunch

try that exercise & see the result after few weeks

20-40 sets? or 20-40 reps? thanks for the link.

I originally asked this question as everyone tells me when it comes to abs less is more? i.e if you do too much its just going to lead to an injury?

Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    that tends to be with weighted ab excerises - planks don't lead to injury

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

iraqi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iraqi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I originally asked this question as everyone tells me when it comes to abs less is more? i.e if you do too much its just going to lead to an injury?
    hi,sorry for my english
    i do the exersice 20-40 times a day

Originally Posted by Mindi911 View Post
    aaaah ok thanks

I would give you some rep but i already did for the first post lol

LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mindi911 View Post
    no you'll be fine carry on their are great conditioning exercise
    X2

They can be done daily just like crunches. Abdominals can be developed for size, enducance or both. In this case endurance.

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Lightbulb television

planks during commercials FTW!
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

Nothing productive to say FitzChivalry's Avatar
    FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    IMO, the plank is a very easy exercise so it can be used everyday as it doesn't really put a whole lot of strain on you compared to most other ab exercises (weighted, etc), but than the question is why would you when there are more effective ab exercises?

Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I work my abs 4-5 times a week at the minute and it seems to be working.

My set up is like this

Day1
    Dumbbell side bends
    weighted decline sit ups
    Weighted crunches

Day 2
    planks
    leg raises

I do day 1 3 times a week, always a day or 2 off in between them and then planks and leg raises a do them a minimum of twice a week
    Strength, size, power and speed arent achievable without dedication, focus and determination.

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. - Muhammad Ali

Current Lifts 5/05/08

all for 5 reps

Squat 210lbs (narrow stance atg)
    Deadlift 285lbs
    Bench 170lbs
    Row 150 lbs
    Military Press (standing) 116lbs

Red face

Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post
    IMO, the plank is a very easy exercise so it can be used everyday as it doesn't really put a whole lot of strain on you compared to most other ab exercises (weighted, etc), but than the question is why would you when there are more effective ab exercises?
    so i shouldn't be doing planks? if not then what should i be doing?

I was under the impression that the plank was the daddy of abs exercises...

so i shouldn't be doing planks? if not then what should i be doing?

I was under the impression that the plank was the daddy of abs exercises...
    honestly I would still do the plank it's a good conditioning exercise which will give you a good foundation to work from

the only thing it won't do is give you a six pack

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

wtf do you spend 40 minutes everyday? As I can hold position like 1 minute per repetition.

Sorry for the bump but im interested on this exercise. Not sure if it can be done daily or would lead to overtraining. Did it yesterday before my hill sprints and it was horrible LOL it nerfed my sprints.

next day I will do them AFTER the run.

mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50) mamaherrera will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had this same question. I do them daily from physical therapy recommendation, but they told me to do two sets of 1.5 minutes, for each side (side plank) and normal plank. Besides getting bored, I don't mind doing them, but lately, my elbow and forearm are beginning to hurt/get bruised. That's why lately I've dropped back to every other day. It's a lot of weight for those bones, no? I also get elbow pain if I do the regular plank on a stability ball. Anyone else have these experiecnes?? Any way to find relief?? I also get shoulder pain from side planks.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Mindi912 View Post
    this, i usually get someone to put a 25kg power bag on my back to increase effectivness, really helps your lower abs stand out in my opinion.
    Eat the damn yolk.