keepHOPE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Back injury, help out!

so yeah topics says it... injured myself 1 month ago, i completely stoped working out and its not getting better. its not a huge pain but its realy annoying. i already lost 10lbs and im freaking out about it, i think i injured doing some flat bench in the smith machine because i had no one to spot me, i was doing pretty well so i tho i could i do alot more wich was stupid i didnt feel anything wrong until the day after. i went to the chiropractor on tuesday but i still feel the same if not more. heres a picture of the area it hurts.

ps: i cannot post the picture because i do not have 50post... if some 1 can Pm me and i can send them the picture so they can post it in here i would realy appreciate!

the pain is mainly in the shoulder blade + middle of the back

vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why did you go see a chiro first? Go see a doctor that specializes with athletes or sports injuries, then go see physical therapist. Chiropractors deal with alignment issues, they even try to "fix" ones they shouldn't (I won't get into that). If you feel it between your shoulder blades and "middle" of your back, maybe you should try some stretching and light strengthening of those areas.

But go see a doctor first, it's hard to diagnose over a computer

Comstarr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comstarr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comstarr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comstarr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comstarr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comstarr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comstarr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comstarr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comstarr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comstarr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comstarr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Starting Weight: 145lbs
    **Jimbob Cooter Crew**

"Obsessed is a word the lazy used to describe the dedicated."
    R.I.P Aziz "Zyzz" Shavershian
    March 24, 1989 - August 5, 2011

*Porsche Crew*
    *Kate Beckinsale is the GOAT crew*

@Comstarr
    thanks for uploading the picture, i appreciate!

@vhuynh42
    I dont know man i heard good thing about chiros and i wanted to give it a try, im desperate right now im craving for some work out... what kind of stretching should i do?

thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hmm.. interesting. you're not lacking strength there bc I see size. Have you tried traditional ice or heat methods. I've hurt my lower back some and after applying heat for 20 min on and off and on and off again, it helped ME out a lot. Pair that with light stretching a few times a day to stimulate that area too!

Originally Posted by thisonefoo View Post
    Hmm.. interesting. you're not lacking strength there bc I see size. Have you tried traditional ice or heat methods. I've hurt my lower back some and after applying heat for 20 min on and off and on and off again, it helped ME out a lot. Pair that with light stretching a few times a day to stimulate that area too!
    yeah i have a Electric hot pad that i've used alot and also took hot bath every night and i did applied some cold in the first week

vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhuynh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you could take a profile (side) picture it will help me a little. Or stand sideways to a mirror and look. While you're standing there naturally are your shoulder pointed forwards or back?

Originally Posted by keepHOPE View Post
    @vhuynh42
    I dont know man i heard good thing about chiros and i wanted to give it a try, im desperate right now im craving for some work out... what kind of stretching should i do?
    If it's all those areas, you're going to have to do a lot of different stretches...

First for that mid section of your back:
    Standing as upright as you can with your hands behind your head like a prisoner bring your elbow towards your side (try to do it without moving your hips). Next this is kind of like a child's pose, but keeping your hips stationary, stretch out and reach to the left with your right hand and the right with your left hand.

The pain over your shoulder blades sounds like your scap stabilizers, are you doing any of those exercises (Lower trap/serratus anterior, external rotation)?

Try a sleeper stretch to loosen this section (it should help with overall shoulder flexibility)

Once you answer my other question with which direction your shoulder is pointing I'll be able to help a little more... without you standing in front of me it's hard for me to judge what the issue is

There are other stretches but start with those, 3 reps each side, 30 second hold, 3-5 times daily

Originally Posted by vhuynh42 View Post
    There are other stretches but start with those, 3 reps each side, 30 second hold, 3-5 times daily
    im not sure to understand all these stretch would you mind finding me some videos on youtube?

Check out this site... it has no search function so you'll have to browse through it. But the site is put together by very, very good physical therapist: www.mobilitywod.com