jdm001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Just getting back into the game, need some help.

I just logged on, look at the first thing I see on my screen:

----------------------------------------
    Welcome, jdm001.
    You last visited: 12-18-2002 at 04:32 PM
    ----------------------------------------

Since that time I've changed a bit. I graduated college (so no more playing on the hockey team 5 days a week). I got married. I got a new job. I had a baby girl who is about to turn two. I also gained 60 lbs over those 4 years... A LOT of change!

I went from lean to fat. All along I knew I could lose the weight, but I didn't have the time or equipment to train. I hate cardio, but love lifting weights. I can't run hard (knee injuries) so I waited until I had a chance to start working out again, and that's where I'm at. I will lose 50 lbs (60 would be too lean, but 50 would put me back in my target weight range), and I'm shooting for losing 30 w/in 6 months and another 20 in the next 6 months.

Cardio is from sports (softball 2x a week, hockey 1x a week, and a 2yr old twentyfour/seven)

I just bought a weight set and I only have a bench, barbell, dumbells and an EZ curl bar. No cables or machines for my workouts. I hit it hard for about 20 to 40 minutes, short 30 or 60 second rests, supersets all around, 4x a week.

Day 1:
    TRAPS & LATS
    Dumbell Shrugs + Upright Row (3 supersets or 2 sets of each w/ rest) *
    Chinups + Barbell Shrugs (2 supersets)*

SHOULDERS
    Shoulder Press + Bent over Dumbell Delt Raise (3 Supersets)*
    Arnold Dumbell Press + Front Dumbell Raise (3 Supersets)*

Day 2:
    BACK
    Stiff Legged Deadlift + Barbell Good Mornings (2 supersets)**

CHEST
    Bench Press (3 sets to failure, various grips and incline/declines)***
    Dumbell Flies + Dumbell Press (3 Supersets)*
    Close Grip Pushups (unlimited sets to 50 reps, 1min rest between sets)**
    (Isometric) Chest Squeeze (30 second set, 3 sets)

Day 3:
    Cardio & Abs

Day 4:
    ARMS (Bi's, Tri's, & Forearms)
    [T - Iso] Tri Kickbacks + Bent Over Tri Ext (2 Supersets)*
    [B+T Antagonistic] Tri Extension + Concentration Curl (2 Supersets)*
    [B+T Antagonistic] Hammer Curls + Overhead Tri Extension (2 Supersets)**
    [B - Iso] Preacher Curls (using bench) + Dumbell Curls (2 Supersets)**
    [Forearms - Iso] Wrist Curl + Grip Roll Up (with rope) - (1 Superset)*

Day 5:
    Light Cardio

Day 6:
    LEGS & ABS

Day 7:
    Cardio

I'm still in good shape, even with the gut, and I'm keeping all the weight light until I'm fully back into the swing of things (month or two?). I go all out with supersets, low amounts of total sets, and short rests (*=30 second rests, **=1minute rest between sets, etc. in the above program)

Any ideas to help uncover the muscle under the fat? I'm going to use a lot of whey protein after workouts and cardio. I may start to use Flaxseed in my diet. Tons and tons of water.

Any tips, pointers or ideas are greatly appreciated!

SKWeathers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKWeathers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKWeathers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKWeathers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKWeathers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm no expert on supersets, but I've read that it is not good to do them all the time. You may want to consider adding in a rest day from all activity. It may not be such a big deal because the cardio is not extremely intense, but it's something to consider.
    Your split is not the best. Your lats and traps are part of your back and should be worked with the rest of it. Does the knee injury prevent you from doing regular deadlifts? If you can, you should add them in.
    As for the fat, keep your diet in check and you will be fine.

jdm001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My back and knees both had injuries, so I try to work them in a half workout over two days, but I didn't notice I had them on days 1 and 2, they were supposed to be on day 4 (and day 4 on day 2). I can do regular deadlifts, but I prefer the stiff legged version, I feel more control that way, hard to explain.

Any other advice?

SKWeathers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKWeathers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKWeathers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKWeathers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKWeathers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stiff leg deadlifts are actually for your legs, but if you won't do regular, then you need to add in some variation of bent rows. You are not getting enough compound back work.