Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Arrow Do you think translators make good money?

i have always been very good at learning and speaking different languages, can speak different accents also, everybody is telling me i should do a translator career when i go to University soon, what do you think?

languages have been pretty easy for me, i want to learn at least 4 of them. (english,spanish,french,german)

i believe translators can gain a lot of $$$ since there's not many people that can talk different languages(imagine a bunch of american bussiness men trying to make a deal with arabs or chinese bussiness men, i would learn chinese or arab but that **** is too hard...they write right to left and upside down, damnn)

help me out on this one because i have to decide what career to chose very very soon!
    Last edited by LISTEN_A_FELLA; 04-15-2006 at 09:11 PM.

LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LISTEN_A_FELLA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    lol

[img]*****://www.copleynews.com/ContentPreviews/StoriesImages/features/ecwf/2004/20040726RSWF1AW-Translator.gif[/img]

ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'll give you my professional opinion if you neg rep me.

Bangin bitches 'til I die SteveC2287's Avatar
    SteveC2287 is a name known to all. (+5000) SteveC2287 is a name known to all. (+5000) SteveC2287 is a name known to all. (+5000) SteveC2287 is a name known to all. (+5000) SteveC2287 is a name known to all. (+5000) SteveC2287 is a name known to all. (+5000) SteveC2287 is a name known to all. (+5000) SteveC2287 is a name known to all. (+5000) SteveC2287 is a name known to all. (+5000) SteveC2287 is a name known to all. (+5000) SteveC2287 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My friend's dad is an asian translator for NSA. dude is weird as hell. I don't think he makes all that much money though, mabye 55-60k. It might be more if you don't work for the govt though

Stats: 6'1", 285 lbs
    BodyPoints: 3255
    bigcalves has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bigcalves has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bigcalves has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bigcalves has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bigcalves has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bigcalves has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bigcalves has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bigcalves has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bigcalves has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bigcalves has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) bigcalves has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit bigcalves's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by LISTEN_A_FELLA
    lol

[img]*****://www.copleynews.com/ContentPreviews/StoriesImages/features/ecwf/2004/20040726RSWF1AW-Translator.gif[/img]
    hahah love it.

bump

ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000) ChuckieCheese is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bigcalves
    hahah love it.
    Not as funny as your prohormone history. You suck.

Samsonite! I Was Way Off! AceVentura's Avatar
    AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) AceVentura is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    It depends what languages you know, but you can earn a decent living at it but I doubt you'd get rich. As far as European languages go, I don't think that's overly special. Nowadays, the average person living in mainland Europe often knows at least 3 different languages.

There are many different kinds of translating jobs though. Some require a great deal of language skill ie. translating books and whatnot, it isn't enough to just know the languages, you need to really know that language like a native would in order to create phrases which capture the same feeling as it does in this language, there's a lot more to language than just the words. You can't just literally translate the sentances for something like that.

Usually for stuff of that nature translators would be able to speak each language and understand it like a native, usually having lived in a country speaking each language for years.

I mean, you can go to an American university and get your PHD in German or French but your understanding of the deeper aspects of the language won't even come close to a native speaker, you need to spend time living amongst people speaking that language for a long period of time to get it. Look into exchanges if you're serious about that, get a working visa for a country and live there for a couple of years. I guarantee you that a person who spends 2 years living in say Germany would be able to speak and have a far greater understanding of the German language than someone who has studied it in university for 10 years.

n0ctune is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) n0ctune is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) n0ctune is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) n0ctune is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) n0ctune is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) n0ctune is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) n0ctune is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) n0ctune is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) n0ctune is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) n0ctune is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) n0ctune is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    yes. you do, but it really depends on who or what you are translating for. make sure to excell in languages. you seem to have agood base. you might want to learn mandarin aswell.
    " if you aim for the moon, you will surely hit the sky - but why aim for the moon, when you can aim for the stars? "

Originally Posted by AceVentura
    I mean, you can go to an American university and get your PHD in German or French but your understanding of the deeper aspects of the language won't even come close to a native speaker, you need to spend time living amongst people speaking that language for a long period of time to get it. Look into exchanges if you're serious about that, get a working visa for a country and live there for a couple of years. I guarantee you that a person who spends 2 years living in say Germany would be able to speak and have a far greater understanding of the German language than someone who has studied it in university for 10 years.
    yeah i think it's another of the advantages of studying languages, you have the opportunity to travel a lot, meet a lot of people and hot blonde babes who are looking for some hardcore night of sex with a jacked backpacker

bumppp

Stats: 6'2", 192 lbs
    BodyPoints: 33
    CHIBI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHIBI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHIBI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHIBI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHIBI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHIBI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHIBI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHIBI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHIBI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHIBI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHIBI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit CHIBI's BodySpace
    Good post by AceVentura ^^^

This is the deal.
    To make good money you have to be REALLY good. I don't mean 4 years of language study at uni, I mean dedicate your life to getting good at your second language. They're the people that make the money. It takes YEARS to be good enough to make a killing doing translating work.
    Remember, translating is reading and writing, NOT speaking.
    Next, it depends what languages you know. For example, the number of Japanese/English, English/Japanese translators around these days is ridiculous. = hard to make good money.
    That's not to say they are all good, which causes the biggest problem good translators have to deal with, $$$. Cheap translators do cheap work, the good guys are forced to lower their rates in order to get contracts, and everybody ends up working for peanuts. There are good jobs out there, but they getting harder and harder to find.
    Another thing to remember is, having a specialty and/or experience in a particular industry is a huge advantage. You can't just be a translator. What do you want to do? Books, legal documents, mechanical... the list is long, you need to choose one or two areas and specialize.
    That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions, please ask.
    Last edited by CHIBI; 04-20-2006 at 06:21 AM.

Stats: 5'7", 160 lbs
    BodyPoints: 44445
    kalagan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kalagan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kalagan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kalagan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kalagan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kalagan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kalagan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kalagan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kalagan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kalagan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kalagan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit kalagan's BodySpace

Thumbs up

lol

ROFLMAO !!!

BodyPoints: 184
    IKilledBritney has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IKilledBritney has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IKilledBritney has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IKilledBritney has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IKilledBritney has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IKilledBritney has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IKilledBritney has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IKilledBritney has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IKilledBritney has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IKilledBritney has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IKilledBritney has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit IKilledBritney's BodySpace
    My girlfriend is a translator. She is Greek, and speaks french, spanish, german and has a masters and many certificates in english.
    Back in Greece she got the odd cash in hand job for translating Greek scripts and novels into English (about £700 for a small novel) but struggled to get a job.
    Now shes in england...she still cant get a job, too many people in the world speak many languages. The best bet is to search airports, they need translators, as do publishers. But their isnt much money in it, shes living off social benifits for gods sake

Stats: 5'10", 205 lbs
    BodyPoints: 20992
    joelz54_99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joelz54_99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joelz54_99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joelz54_99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joelz54_99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joelz54_99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joelz54_99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joelz54_99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joelz54_99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joelz54_99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joelz54_99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit joelz54_99's BodySpace
    You would probably make good money with that at burger king.
    "my job title is douchebag"- some planet fitness thread

BodyPoints: 2247
    Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Ruthless4Life's BodySpace
    i have always been very good at learning and speaking different languages, can speak different accents also, everybody is telling me i should do a translator career when i go to University soon, what do you think?

languages have been pretty easy for me, i want to learn at least 4 of them. (english,spanish,french,german)

i believe translators can gain a lot of $$$ since there's not many people that can talk different languages(imagine a bunch of american bussiness men trying to make a deal with arabs or chinese bussiness men, i would learn chinese or arab but that **** is too hard...they write right to left and upside down, damnn)

help me out on this one because i have to decide what career to chose very very soon!
    You say you're "very good" at learning languages, yet you say Chinese is too hard? There's no point on learning something like Spanish when so much people are already bilingual--and like someone already said, there's not much demand on bilingual/multilingual European languages because there's so many of them in Europe.

Learn Chinese if you have what it takes.
    Last edited by Ruthless4Life; 04-20-2006 at 06:38 AM.

novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SteveC2287
    My friend's dad is an asian translator for NSA. dude is weird as hell. I don't think he makes all that much money though, mabye 55-60k. It might be more if you don't work for the govt though

Thats not bad though.

novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) novax has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ruthless4Life
    Learn Chinese. That's all I can say.
    Japanese.. Damn, there is a huge demand for this in the technical fields. I see it advertised all the time.

BodyPoints: 18944
    Krunk Fu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Krunk Fu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Krunk Fu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Krunk Fu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Krunk Fu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Krunk Fu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Krunk Fu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Krunk Fu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Krunk Fu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Krunk Fu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Krunk Fu has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Krunk Fu's BodySpace
    If you get a gov't position as a translator, you can make some big bucks.
    Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.

Stats: 5'11", 180 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1522
    Sniperwolf is a name known to all. (+5000) Sniperwolf is a name known to all. (+5000) Sniperwolf is a name known to all. (+5000) Sniperwolf is a name known to all. (+5000) Sniperwolf is a name known to all. (+5000) Sniperwolf is a name known to all. (+5000) Sniperwolf is a name known to all. (+5000) Sniperwolf is a name known to all. (+5000) Sniperwolf is a name known to all. (+5000) Sniperwolf is a name known to all. (+5000) Sniperwolf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit Sniperwolf's BodySpace
    I was a J/E translator for three years. There is a lot more work to it than meets the eye as you have to spend so much time proofing everything. You also have to be very strong in your own language. I often wished that I had taken English at university and also paid more attention to the English teachers in high school.
    I'm pleased I left that profession. Good way to earn bucks on the side though.

Location: Transfer the baking sheets to a wire rack to cool for 8 to 10 minutes. Using your hands, carefully peel the paper off the backs of the cookies and transfer to the rack to cool completely.
    Clean_Cut is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Clean_Cut is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Clean_Cut is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Clean_Cut is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Clean_Cut is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Clean_Cut is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Clean_Cut is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Clean_Cut is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Clean_Cut is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Clean_Cut is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Clean_Cut is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Try and get a job which involves customer service with foreigners.

Ive seen basic office jobs around here where you need to know another language, usually French or German, and the pay is good.
    Thankyou Sir

Stats: 5'11", 184 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2028
    bbowen32006 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bbowen32006 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bbowen32006 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bbowen32006 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bbowen32006 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bbowen32006 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bbowen32006 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bbowen32006 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bbowen32006 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bbowen32006 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bbowen32006 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit bbowen32006's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by akaye47
    If you get a gov't position as a translator, you can make some big bucks.
    what he said!

Stats: 6'1", 170 lbs
    BodyPoints: 20860
    TricepsNGirls has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TricepsNGirls has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TricepsNGirls has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TricepsNGirls has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TricepsNGirls has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TricepsNGirls has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TricepsNGirls has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TricepsNGirls has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TricepsNGirls has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TricepsNGirls has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TricepsNGirls has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit TricepsNGirls's BodySpace
    As you said yourself, only arabic and chinese are in high demand right now. Not only would these be difficult to learn, you'd have countless native speakers to compete against.

The_Hobbit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The_Hobbit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The_Hobbit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The_Hobbit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The_Hobbit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The_Hobbit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The_Hobbit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The_Hobbit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The_Hobbit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The_Hobbit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The_Hobbit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My german teacher translated german into english. Some of her work was scientific documentation.

She got paid 150$ an hour sometimes.

BodyPoints: 2247
    Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Ruthless4Life's BodySpace
    To be a translator, you not only have to learn the language, but also know the culture. Of course, you have to master the language as well. Just because you can communicate in two languages doesn't mean you're qualified to translate documents professionally. Those who translated Sun Tzu's work did not do so by simply learning the basics of the language. You have to study the literature. Words have different meanings in different cultures, even if literally they mean the same.

Stats: 5'11", 196 lbs
    BodyPoints: 23825
    LECTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LECTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LECTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LECTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LECTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LECTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LECTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LECTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LECTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LECTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LECTER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit LECTER's BodySpace
    I've been translating for a little over a year now, and charge 15 Euro cents a word, English/French/German.

Master of the Dark Arts Tromboner45's Avatar
    Stats: 5'11", 205 lbs
    BodyPoints: 19724
    Tromboner45 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tromboner45 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tromboner45 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tromboner45 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tromboner45 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tromboner45 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tromboner45 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tromboner45 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tromboner45 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tromboner45 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tromboner45 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Tromboner45's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by IKilledBritney
    My girlfriend is a translator. She is Greek, and speaks french, spanish, german and has a masters and many certificates in english.
    Back in Greece she got the odd cash in hand job for translating Greek scripts and novels into English (about £700 for a small novel) but struggled to get a job.
    Now shes in england...she still cant get a job, too many people in the world speak many languages. The best bet is to search airports, they need translators, as do publishers. But their isnt much money in it, shes living off social benifits for gods sake
    Haha... handjob

Anyway, join the military. Take the ASVAB. Depending on how you place on that, you can be put in different language programs. My mom scored damn near perfect and was learning Ethiopian, some Russian-type language and something else. She would have made HUGE Cash.
    Hate is a powerful word; I, in turn, am a powerful man, borne from it. Your fear is my strength, your insecurity, my pride. All i have ever known is loathing... You toss aside my teachings to preach of love, which you know nothing of?! I know love... Let me show you the way. Hate... Hate was my first love.

The demons are sleepless and immaterial, death is at hand, and I am weak. Lord, help me; do not let Thy creature perish, for Thou carest for me in my misery.

St. Peter of Damascus

Stats: 6'2", 268 lbs
    BodyPoints: 19539
    nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nithos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit nithos's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Clean_Cut
    Try and get a job which involves customer service with foreigners.

Ive seen basic office jobs around here where you need to know another language, usually French or German, and the pay is good.
    This is that I was going to suggest. Pick a job that you know you will enjoy with a multi-international company, where you will not be a "translator" but it will just be a skill set that will set you apart from everyone else.

Stats: 6'0", 207 lbs
    BodyPoints: 33872
    Tyrbolift has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyrbolift has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyrbolift has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyrbolift has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyrbolift has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyrbolift has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyrbolift has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyrbolift has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyrbolift has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyrbolift has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tyrbolift has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Tyrbolift's BodySpace
    Ever since traveling to Spain I've thought being a multi-lingual tour guide would be fun and interesting.
    Time To Re-Schedule