kindredice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbie Workout Program Help

Hi guys,

As you can tell i'm new here,i have been reading this forum for months,got some good tips on my beginner's workouts. Now, since its been almost 4 months i feel like i need something more serious than just messing around with weights. I work and go to college at the same time plus living in a small town only 2 gyms around and they are still far,so i cant really squeeze going to gym in my daily life, so i workout at home. I have a homegym machine ( WeiderPro 2000 you can see the pic),140lbs of weights for barbell and dumbbells and a fitness pump. I need a program that i can do with those equipment i have.

I'm 6'1 and 190lbs atm,have no idea about bodyfat but i just started running in weekends to burn some.I can workout 5 days a week.

My program right now is something i put together 1,5 months ago,please tell me what to replace or add considering the equipment i have.

Monday,Chest - abs
    flat bench dumbbell press 4x10
    incline bench dumbbell press 4x10
    flat bench dumbbell flies 3x10
    incline bench dumbbell flies 3x8
    25x2 pushups with fitness pump
    (i switch flat bench dumbbell press with flat bench barbell press sometimes)

Abs routine
    40x2 crunches
    40x2 cross body crunches
    -----------------------------------
    Tuesday Bicep and legs
    4x10 barbell curls
    4x10 dumbbell curls
    3x10 hammer curls
    i try to do 3x8 concentration curls last but i usually fail on first set 0.o

Legs
    4x10 leg curls
    3x10 sanding leg curl
    ------------------------------------
    Wednesday rest
    Tuesday Shoulder and Back
    4x10 lat pull down front
    4x10 lat pull down back
    2x10 barbell shrug front
    2x10 barbell shrug back
    3x10 bent over bench row
    3x10 lateral dumbbell raise
    Friday Triceps and abs
    4x10 tricep push down
    4x10 tricep kick back
    4x10 single arm tricep extension

Abs routine
    40x2 crunches
    40x2 cross body crunches

Thats about it,should i workout bicep and triceps twice a week? please help me by removing,adding,replacing exercises.I'm hoping to look decent this summer,i dont want to get too big well I wanna get this big and stay like that

Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    imo you have too many bicep exercises for one day. try bringing it down to two if you can. also you must relise that training the legs is crucial to gaining mass over the entire body. so two ham exercises isnt going to cut it. try adding 3 quad exercises to that. and make sure you get the basics in that ALL programms must have, squat, deads, bench and military press. they are good mass gainers. also just use the lat pull downs to the chest, doing them to the back can damage a rotor cuff.

Thanks for the reply,

so i should add deadlifts,squats and military presses to my back/shoulder day,but then it gets too busy there should i spread it in to 2 days?

Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kindredice View Post
    Thanks for the reply,

so i should add deadlifts,squats and military presses to my back/shoulder day,but then it gets too busy there should i spread it in to 2 days?
    mate, if im honest with you that programme is a mess. im happy to help but really theres no merits to it. try a workout from the ones provided in the artical section and when youve got some months of experience under your belt you will be much better qualified to construct your own.

everybody should start with an established programme to begin with, only when youve got so far should you tailor it or take the BIG leap of construcitng the whole thing yourself

lol thanks for the honesty,i got stuck moving exercises around anyway i'll try to find a premade program that matches for my equipment then.