tupes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how long after a workout will muscle growth occur?

Hey everyone

When I work out a specific muscle, it's often sore for a week, sometimes slightly more. For the first 2 or 3 days after the workout, I'm very good about trying to take in lots of calories and especially protein. But then I find I usually slack off and stop taking my whey shakes. This results in several days where I'm still sore but not taking in the protein I usually do right after a workout. My question is, if I keep myself in positive nitrogen balance for as long as I'm sore, will my muscles continue to grow, or does this only occur for a day or two after the workout regardless of how sore I am?

skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you are still sore, your muscles are still repairing. Being sore for over a week is a pretty long time. By your post, it sounds like you work out only once a week.

Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dac_10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DOMS is a sign of muscle repair i believe, as the fluid which helps repair the fibres puts pressure on the nerves hence the 'soreness'.

saying that though, feeling muscles grow is not a good indication. even when you dont have DOMS they could still be growing.

if at the very least, have your whey straight after a workout, then a shower or whatever, then a good protein based meal with carbs.

deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) deadaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Once you have a consistant workout plan and diet, the only times your mucles wont be growing are times of catabolism

ThaRock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThaRock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThaRock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThaRock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThaRock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThaRock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThaRock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThaRock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThaRock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThaRock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThaRock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by skarotum View Post
    If you are still sore, your muscles are still repairing. Being sore for over a week is a pretty long time. By your post, it sounds like you work out only once a week.
    I workout 3 times a week and sometimes my muscles still hurt almost till the next workout. He probly doesnt do the same body parts more than one time a week.

But anyway.. Protein shakes are best in the morning and after a workout.. As long as you eat a substantial amount of protein throughout the week, you really dont need to drink those shakes. I still do though.. Just out of habit. Shakes are good for almost instant protein delivery to the muscles. But eating chicken and some rice an hour or 2 later is more important for muscle growth than the protein shake cause it gets delivered overtime.
    A mans stength isn't measured by thr size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.