khry is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Doubling Volume (read inside not long)

I am currently doing a AB split, 4 time a week.

A- Chest,Legs,Biceps
    B- Back,Shoulders,Triceps
    X
    A- Chest,Legs,Biceps
    B- Back,Shoulders,Triceps
    X
    X

And I want to start doing another 4 day split which goes like that :
    Day Body Parts Trained
    1 Back, biceps
    2 Chest, triceps
    3 Rest
    4 Legs
    5 Shoulders
    6-7 Rest

So my question is if i do for example 12 sets for chest in 1 workout and 24 sets weekly, and now I want to only train chest 1 time a week can I just do 24 sets per workout? which sums up as a weekly 24 sets again.

So as I said I just planning on doubling my volume for All the bodyparts and only hit that bodypart 1 time a week with double the volume.

Please help from people who know what they are talking about.

wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In practice this doesn't work as well as the ame sets with more frequency. With enhanced or super advanced athletes a ton of volume on a single day seems okay. But for the rest of us 2-3 times per week is optimal. When someone comes on here saying they aren't making gains and they list their workout and have a bro split with 4-6 movements for each body part the first thing I recommend is take the same volume and spread it out over 2-3 workouts.
    ALL I ASK IS ALL YOU GOT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES

khry is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wesleysh21 View Post
    In practice this doesn't work as well as the ame sets with more frequency. With enhanced or super advanced athletes a ton of volume on a single day seems okay. But for the rest of us 2-3 times per week is optimal. When someone comes on here saying they aren't making gains and they list their workout and have a bro split with 4-6 movements for each body part the first thing I recommend is take the same volume and spread it out over 2-3 workouts.
    Oh, alright bro thank you very much.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Curious as to why you are considering this? You would be working the same number of days for about the same length of time? What would be the point exactly?

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wesleysh21 View Post
    You're thinking right in terms of total volume per week, but Wes is right about frequency being a better vehicle to achieve it. I generally only reduce frequency when my joints hurt or I feel run down. After a few weeks I go back to high frequency. Enough studies have shown that identical volumes spread out have better results. That has proven true for me as well.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by khry View Post
    So as I said I just planning on doubling my volume for All the bodyparts and only hit that bodypart 1 time a week with double the volume.
    In practice most folks move less tonnage over the week and fail to double true volume. If you are doing 2-3*8 heavy sets of back work 2* a week, most can't move as much load and rarely at the same intensity with 4-3*8 in one day. Usually most folks spend the extra time fluffing arms without much effect.

It's even harder to train legs all out 1x a week. Most people just get tired or experience too much hypoxia prior to getting two days worth of tonnage done in one.

Body part splits aren't evil. But if you've not used one before, perhaps look around the workout program forum at some of the more popular ones rather than trying to cobble one together from scratch.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl